Bill Allowing Businesses to Refuse Gays Service

I pointed this out yesterday to a loud chorus of stunned silence. The answer is simple. This is not about religion. It's about hatred of homosexuals.

Religion is brought into it in this country, from a legal perspective, because the bigots believe it's a loophole through which discrimination can be made legal.

Religion is not some sort of magic bullet that can shoot holes in the Constitution.
The chorus of silence might have been due to the stunning level of ignorance. It isn't about hate or religion it's the dictating of moral values onto the majority by propagandists. They name call, seek to intimidate and threaten anyone that disagrees with them. Homosexuality isn't a person. If you try to force a baker to make a gay wedding cake the issue is not about any individual denied rights, it's the demand that you accept their alternative lifestyle as normal.

I hate to have to ruin your delusion, but gay is normal in this country. And if you're in the business of making wedding cakes, and your business is open to the public,

you have a chosen to enter into an enterprise that is prohibited by law from discrimination.

I most certainly do not think that of religious people. Some are hypocrites - sure - but some non-religious people are hypocrites too. I'm just asking why is it that the gay lifestyle gets more attention than other similarly sinful lifestyles, and why do you hear stories of photographers refusing to photograph a gay wedding and not a photographer refusing to photograph the wedding of a man who divorced his previous wife and didn't get the marriage annulled (meaning he would be committing adultery with this new woman in God's eyes)?

As far as I know the requirement for an annulment is only in the Catholic church so that leave a wide spectrum of Christians that wouldn't necessarily worry about that. You asked "why is it that the gay lifestyle gets more attention than other similarly sinful lifestyles", because they are going out of their way to force their lifestyle on a population that doesn't want it in their face. Very simple concept, people tend to push back.

Just out of curiosity, how many gay couples do you know (not counting celebrities--that you personally are aware of). Are they going out of their way to flaunt their lifestyles?

Personally, none, I have done business with a couple but not for a wedding. Tell me, how many heterosexual pride parades have you seen across the country? Can you tell me gay pride parades aren't flaunting their lifestyle?

I pointed this out yesterday to a loud chorus of stunned silence. The answer is simple. This is not about religion. It's about hatred of homosexuals.

Religion is brought into it in this country, from a legal perspective, because the bigots believe it's a loophole through which discrimination can be made legal.

Religion is not some sort of magic bullet that can shoot holes in the Constitution.
The chorus of silence might have been due to the stunning level of ignorance. It isn't about hate or religion it's the dictating of moral values onto the majority by propagandists. They name call, seek to intimidate and threaten anyone that disagrees with them. Homosexuality isn't a person. If you try to force a baker to make a gay wedding cake the issue is not about any individual denied rights, it's the demand that you accept their alternative lifestyle as normal.

I hate to have to ruin your delusion, but gay is normal in this country. And if you're in the business of making wedding cakes, and your business is open to the public,

you have a chosen to enter into an enterprise that is prohibited by law from discrimination.

The answer is, to remove that aspect of your business from pubic accommodation. Wedding cakes are by private agreement only. That way a gay customer can come in and buy a cake off the shelf but the bakery doesn't bake wedding cakes, unless you know them personally.

Maybe in your little weird corner of the country, but not in the vast majority of it. The vast majority of people are growing ever more uncomfortable with the cult of LGBT making advances into normalcy far beyond what was originally advertised on the package.

This is "normal" to you?..:cuckoo:
SRSFig2.jpg

SRSFig5.jpg

SRSFig7.jpg

Gay isn't normal. You can SAY it is, just like you can say that pedophililes are now minor attracted persons, but it doesn't make it normal.

The answer is, to remove that aspect of your business from pubic accommodation. Wedding cakes are by private agreement only. That way a gay customer can come in and buy a cake off the shelf but the bakery doesn't bake wedding cakes, unless you know them personally.
No, the answer is to fight the anti-freedom zealots and protect everyone's rights. If a gay baker doesn't want to bake a hetero wedding cake then so be it and visa versa. Being open to the public does NOT mean publically owned. You clearly do not make the distinction. That makes you the enemy of freedom.

No, the answer is to fight the anti-freedom zealots and protect everyone's rights. If a gay baker doesn't want to bake a hetero wedding cake then so be it and visa versa. Being open to the public does NOT mean publically owned. You clearly do not make the distinction. That makes you the enemy of freedom.

That's the way it should work. It isn't working that way in case you haven't noticed. The degenerates are successfully fighting decency.

You have yet to support the assertion. You repeating it here doesn't make it a national law. There are parts of the country that treat homosexual relationships like a race or gender but we are seeing people fight back as they realize the side effects. Soon a pastor will be forced to offer gay weddings if they let the gay zealots push them around.

Freedom means EVERYONE is able to patronize a business. Now you are faced with the task of defining who is and who isn't considered part of the 'public'.

Freedom means EVERYONE is able to patronize a business. Now you are faced with the task of defining who is and who isn't considered part of the 'public'.
You have no clue about business. Open to the public doesn't mean what you think. However the issue is the relationship, as I've said many times. Not the individual. According to you a Jew would have to bake a Nazi cake.

Exactly what makes the wants of the customer more important than the wants of the business? Is freedom a one way street?

Exactly what makes the wants of the customer more important than the wants of the business? Is freedom a one way street?

Exactly what makes the wants of the customer more important than the wants of the business? The OWNER of the business. Can you name a business that is successful without customers?

Ever hear the axiom: The customer is always right?

Exactly what makes the wants of the customer more important than the wants of the business? The OWNER of the business. Can you name a business that is successful without customers?

You aren't making sense. The owner decides the course of the business, not the customer. So NO, the customer is not more important, any businessman that let's a customer dictate his policy will soon learn how stupid it was.

And as a businessman of 27 years I can safely say that NO, the customer is not always right. In fact, almost never right.

Businesses choose not to do business with customers all the time based on the perceived character and life style. Do you not understand that a business owner and a customer enter into a PRIVATE contract and if for ANY reason the circumstances are unsatisfactory to either party, either may choose to withdraw. That is freedom.

Last edited:

You aren't making sense. The owner decides the course of the business, not the customer. So NO, the customer is not more important, any businessman that let's a customer dictate his policy will soon learn how stupid it was.

And as a businessman of 27 years I can safely say that NO, the customer is not always right. In fact, almost never right.

SO, please provide the list of successful businesses without customers?

So...YOU have decided that some people's "freedom" is more important than someone else's "freedom".

Interesting.

Wondering if someone could explain this to me...

You don't hear many stories of a Christian business owner refusing to serve someone who uses the Lord's name in vein, or someone who works on Sunday (by choice), or someone who commits adultery, or someone who worships idols, or someone who gambles/drinks a lot, or someone who doesn't honor his/her parents, etc, but you DO hear stories of Christian business owners refusing to serve a gay customers.

Why just this ONE sin, lol? Why are all the other sins ignored?

I think that's a fair question....

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/22/u...-businesses-to-refuse-to-serve-gays.html?_r=0

I can explain it with two points:

1) Just because you don't hear about something doesn't mean it doesn't happen. "lol"

2) It's called "People deciding how to exercise their beliefs without consulting you for guidance". Consider the possibilities.

Hope we've cleared this up, and you've learned to get over yourself a little.

Forum List

Back