Bill Burr - I love this man. Sets Denver on Fire.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
The newest Netflix Special with Bill Burr - and he is at the Red Rock Amphitheatre outside of Denver, CO.
I have been to this area 3 times, mostly closer to Boulder which is just north of Denver by only 15 minutes or so.
This is a liberal haven. People here are enormously liberal. But not as batshit crazy liberal like San Fran. or Portland. But damn liberal.
Anyway - when I learned he was playing in Denver... I was stunned. If you have paid any attention to Bill Burr in the past 15 year - you know he is going to go very political, and it is not going to be a safe space.

I was surprised he wasn't booed off the stage. Example:
"Abortion... I am pro-choice".... crowd cheers like he is their new hero.
"Wait! why are you cheering?? This isn't going to go well for you! You should know this by now!"
I said I am pro choice. I can totally support the notion of people not telling other people what to do.
But... you are still killing babies."

I love this man.

Burr is very liberal, but he doesn't give a fuck. One of the funniest comedians to ever exist.

Do watch F is for Family?

Think Wait 'til Your Father Gets Home but done by Bill Burr...

Burr is very liberal, but he doesn't give a fuck. One of the funniest comedians to ever exist.
He is liberal, but not batshit crazy woke "progressive" liberal.
That is the difference.
Bill Burr is arguably the best stand up there is right now. The crown is a toss up between himself and Chappelle.
I think it is important for comedians to break through the nonsense they see.

The stupidity of the Cancel Culture....

"So now their favorite targets are dead people. John Wayne. "OMG - I can't believe it - did you hear what John Wayne said in 1971??... OMG!! I can't believe it!!"
But then there is Coco Chanel. They LOVE her. They are defending this woman. :The woman literally sucked the dicks of SS storm troopers!! She gave money to Nazis!! Multiple boyfriends who were mass murderers!! - Nothing! They love her!!
NO! Let's go after John Wayne who said something 51 year ago... way worse!!"

He is liberal, but not batshit crazy woke "progressive" liberal.
That is the difference.
Bill Burr is arguably the best stand up there is right now. The crown is a toss up between himself and Chappelle.
I think it is important for comedians to break through the nonsense they see.
Most great stand ups are fairly liberal, but realistic. The only good conservative comedian nowadays is Nick DiPaolo.

A left wing comedian. What a concept.
??
I don't think anyone would say Bill Burr is left wing (American left)
He is not right wing either.
More like the old, nearly extinct... but hopefully making a comeback - "Bluedog Democrat"

Forum List

Back