Bill Maher Absolutely Crushes Charlie Rose For Comparing Islam To Christianity

It is clear that many on the left see no difference between Christians and Muslims. They commonly bring up the Crusades....WTF!....which occurred centuries ago and was an effort by Christians to stop the heinous actions of Muslims...as if that is equivalent to what radical Islam is doing TODAY.

These kinds of leftists have lost their minds.

One of the ways you can tell that the RWs here have never watched Maher is that they don't know he has no affection for the religion of Islam. None at all. They also don't know what he really says about god.

He was his usual funny, ascerbic self last night, live on his show followed by live stand up in DC.

Dealt with the idiot tee potty heckler quite well.

And the bit with the boy scout helping the little old lady across the street was a hoot.

I know all about Bill Maher.

Rose is an imbecile. Maher is a theological dunce. They're both illiberal statist bootlicks.

In the meantime, this nation was founded on the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought, the classical liberalism of the Anglo-American tradition.

You're confusing the pilgrims with the founders of the United States of America.

The pilgrims did found and establish a christian theocratic colony of England. With the king and the christian church controlling the colonies.

That was in the 1600s. The next century the liberal decedents of those pilgrims didn't want to live in a theocratic monarchy. They declared independence from England and fought a war for their freedom.

When they won, they created a secular nation with church and state separate. They named that nation The United States of America.

I'm surprised you didn't learn that in school.

You don't know what you're talking about. You don't know the history of ideas and events.

Pilgrims?! LOL!

Ever heard of John Locke, the Father of Classical Liberalism?

How about "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among them are the right to life, to liberty and to the pursuit of happiness"?

Jefferson is paraphrasing Locke's triadic construct life, liberty and property, wherein "pursuit of happiness" is a term of art, not originated by Jefferson, by the way, that refers to the principle of private property, which goes to the ownership of one's own self and the fruits of one's labor.

Locke extrapolated his theory of government and labor theory of property from . . . Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought. His Two Treatises of Civil Government is systematically predicated on scripture as the ontological justification for his sociopolitical and economic theory, and his annunciation of natural law harks back to the Augustinian tradition, that of the great theologian.

Christianity had its periods of murder and genocide to help it get to where it is now.

And yet, Christians mock Islam for doing the same.
it's the 21 century genius not the middle ages....You liberals are so pathetic:cuckoo:

I have never claimed to be a "liberal".
Uncomplicated thinkers like to shout "liberal" at things they don`t understand. This they learn from their radio talk shows.

It's better to go to the link and watch the short video.

Bill is correct, as always.

BTW - that link, and that headline is from....FOXNATION.com!
4i6Ckte.gif

There you go - fair an balanced.

Maher did well.

The basic difference between Islam and other Major World Religions is that it never went through a Reformation which separated church from state, and and Enlightenment which recognized the importance of the value of the individual.

What we see on display is Medieval Barbarism with access to the advanced technology made possible only by the Enlightened Societies it wishes to destroy.

One of the ways you can tell that the RWs here have never watched Maher is that they don't know he has no affection for the religion of Islam. None at all. They also don't know what he really says about god.

He was his usual funny, ascerbic self last night, live on his show followed by live stand up in DC.

And the bit with the boy scout helping the little old lady across the street was a hoot.

Rose is an imbecile. Maher is a theological dunce. They're both illiberal statist bootlicks.

In the meantime, this nation was founded on the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought, the classical liberalism of the Anglo-American tradition.

You're confusing the pilgrims with the founders of the United States of America.

The pilgrims did found and establish a christian theocratic colony of England. With the king and the christian church controlling the colonies.

That was in the 1600s. The next century the liberal decedents of those pilgrims didn't want to live in a theocratic monarchy. They declared independence from England and fought a war for their freedom.

When they won, they created a secular nation with church and state separate. They named that nation The United States of America.

You don't know what you're talking about. You don't know the history of ideas and events.

Pilgrims?! LOL!

Ever heard of John Locke, the Father of Classical Liberalism?

How about "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among them are the right to life, to liberty and to the pursuit of happiness"?

Jefferson is paraphrasing Locke's triadic construct life, liberty and property, wherein "pursuit of happiness" is a term of art, not originated by Jefferson, by the way, that refers to the principle of private property, which goes to the ownership of one's own self and the fruits of one's labor.

Locke extrapolated his theory of government and labor theory of property from . . . Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought. His Two Treatises of Civil Government is systematically predicated on scripture as the ontological justification for his sociopolitical and economic theory, and his annunciation of natural law harks back to the Augustinian tradition, that of the great theologian.

Good catch...it's a shame that "property" was replaced by "pursuit of happiness". That wordsmithing has caused a lot of mischief.

I virtually never agree with Maher, but I appreciate his opinion. He is not afraid to call out his own. Your comment about it being on Foxnation. Why so surprised? Fox is more tolerant of differing opinions than you think.

synthy is a liberal. get your facts straight.
Why don't you just say what you are trying to say instead of making us guess what you mean?

I think people here already know I'm a Liberal.

obviously luddly didn't know, he called you a RW

If that were true why did the founders think it was important to have a congressional CHRISTIAN chaplain? That was one of the first votes of the new government.

Luddy is a DC insider helping to shape our nations future. Isn't that nice? This is why federal government must be rolled back before a Marxist, racist minority like Luddy destroys our nation. Fuck you Luddy and every Democratic Party liberal bureaucrat living inside the Palace of Versailles.

They're not very good with "histry." (misspelled on purpose)

4i6Ckte.gif
Maher is completely wrong.

I like Bill Maher, but I don't agree with him on this issue. I don't think it's reasonable to lump over a billion people into one group.

Crazy Evangelicals certainly don't represent all Christian's.

Christianity had its periods of murder and genocide to help it get to where it is now.

And yet, Christians mock Islam for doing the same.
it's the 21 century genius not the middle ages....You liberals are so pathetic:cuckoo:
Islam is only 1500 years old.

How were Christians behaving 1500 years after Christ?

It is clear that many on the left see no difference between Christians and Muslims. They commonly bring up the Crusades....WTF!....which occurred centuries ago and was an effort by Christians to stop the heinous actions of Muslims...as if that is equivalent to what radical Islam is doing TODAY.

These kinds of leftists have lost their minds.
You should read a history book.

4i6Ckte.gif

There you go - fair an balanced.

Maher did well.

The basic difference between Islam and other Major World Religions is that it never went through a Reformation which separated church from state, and and Enlightenment which recognized the importance of the value of the individual.

What we see on display is Medieval Barbarism with access to the advanced technology made possible only by the Enlightened Societies it wishes to destroy.

If that's a reference to FOX, all they did was host the video and give a transcript.

But good on them for not ignoring it like they do so many news stories that don't fit their agenda.

Forum List

Back