Bill Mahr on Ahmeds clock: "Teachers thought it was a bomb bc it looks like a f**ing bomb!"

:banghead: Look...

I'm reading this...
Watch out for this woman, she's heavily involved in this.

--- which immediately follows another poster saying, "Hey...she said it happened in the interview. Is she a liar?"
--- which immediately follows this:
"And now supposedly the sister was suspended for threatening to blow the school up in the past....what you want to bet no police were called....which is what ANY school would do if they had a threat like that."

Who is "this woman" supposed to refer to?

You're reading this: "Watch out for this woman, she's heavily involved in this."

Then you stop reading.

If you continued, as you suppose to, you would find I also said this: "Her name is Alia Salem and she's executive director of Council on American-Islamic Relations Dallas/Fort Worth"

Which is immediately followed by this: "She appears everywhere Ahmed does and when not coaching him, she basically speaks for him."

Then I posted her photo.
I DID continue reading, which is why I corrected the name.

Again, there's no photo on my page. All I see are the quotes. But the story being referred to (by Bo), is from the kid's older sister, not from Alia Salem. And again -- I posted that whole exchange in the other thread.

Alia Salem does not attend middle school in Irving Texas.

I'm reading this...

--- which immediately follows another poster saying, "Hey...she said it happened in the interview. Is she a liar?"
"And now supposedly the sister was suspended for threatening to blow the school up in the past....what you want to bet no police were called....which is what ANY school would do if they had a threat like that."

You're reading this: "Watch out for this woman, she's heavily involved in this."

Then you stop reading.

If you continued, as you suppose to, you would find I also said this: "Her name is Alia Salem and she's executive director of Council on American-Islamic Relations Dallas/Fort Worth"

Which is immediately followed by this: "She appears everywhere Ahmed does and when not coaching him, she basically speaks for him."

Then I posted her photo.

Again, there's no photo on my page. All I see are the quotes. But the story being referred to (by Bo), is from the kid's older sister, not from Alia Salem. And again -- I posted that whole exchange in the other thread.

I posted correct name of the woman I was referring to. Along the name, I posted who she is and what she does. Then I posted the picture of the woman I was referring to with arrow pointing to her.

Wake up, Pogo.

20a8bpe.gif

I'm reading this...

Then you stop reading.

Then I posted her photo.

I posted correct name of the woman I was referring to. Along the name, I posted who she is and what she does. Then I posted the picture of the woman I was referring to with arrow pointing to her.

Wake up, Pogo.

20a8bpe.gif

"Wake up".... SMH.
Maybe this photo is in your cache -- it's not on this page. I followed the three quotes, and I know better -- it's from the kid's sister, not from the CAIR person. I had already posted that story before any of this came up.

I'm reading this...

Then you stop reading.

Then I posted her photo.

Wake up, Pogo.

20a8bpe.gif

"Wake up".... SMH.
Maybe this photo is in your cache -- it's not on this page. I followed the three quotes, and I know better -- it's from the kid's sister, not from the CAIR person. I had already posted that story before any of this came up.

You know better... right.

Out of all people, only you don't see the picture... right.

Maybe problem is... you.

I'm reading this...

Then you stop reading.

Then I posted her photo.

Wake up, Pogo.

20a8bpe.gif

"Wake up".... SMH.

You know better... right.

Out of all people, only you don't see the picture... right.

Maybe problem is... you.

Yeah I do. Read this post. And you tell me who's talking. There's a link there to the original.

Muslim group doesn't fault school, police for detention

IRVING, Texas (AP) — One of the largest Muslim groups in Texas said Thursday that it does not fault police and school officials who handcuffed and suspended a 14-year-old Muslim boy after he brought a homemade clock to class that they mistook for a possible bomb.

Instead, Khalid Hamideh of the Islamic Association of North Texas blamed political leaders for espousing inflammatory anti-Muslim rhetoric and creating a "climate of fear."

"We're not pointing a finger at the school district or the police department," Hamideh said. "Under the current climate that exists in this country, you can't really blame them because when they see something like that, they have to react."

None so blind.

:dig:

???

I thought this perspective was very fair, Pogo. What problem do you "see" with it?

Think about it -- these are the same wackadoos who created that "climate" in the first place. That appears to have been the entire POINT here -- to expose that hypocrisy. And yet they run around blaming everybody else but themselves.

Ergo: none so blind.

Dear Pogo I don't know if we are talking about the same people.

I think the people involved in fear mongering and political incitement
are NOT the same ones issuing reconciliatory statements trying to be fair.

In any case, I would hope that the people with peacemaking intentions
end up rising up out of the crowd and restoring sense and order.

I'm not sure which people are the most responsible for polarizing the sides, for political posturing,
but I trust that will subside as we hear more from the people who are trying to be fair to everyone.

No, apparently we're not. I'm talking about the authorities. The ones who fail to see that they themselves are the perpetrators of this aura of suspicion. The school and police. The ones who overreacted and played right into his hands to prove his point, assuming that's what the point was.

Dear Pogo Isn't that INCLUDED in what the statement was saying?
That the environment of fear IS the culprit that STARTS the whole mess to begin with!

Just like 9/11 is the FAULT of the people who did the acts.
but the whole ENVIRONMENT in America allowed such acts to go through undetected.

The ENVIRONMENT is what incites these issues to escalate.
If we all address the ENVIRONMENT we can better nip the problem in the bud at the very onset.

I agree Pogo that everyone should take responsibility for their part in this.
Isn't the first step to acknowledge the whole setup is negative and divided by fear and to start there?
Wouldn't the issues of the police and teachers be BEST ADDRESSED in that context?

Clock controversy risks backfiring for Obama as critics cast doubt on narrative

And some left wingers are now starting to back off this thing....because they don't wanna be embarrassed once the truth is out.

Bill Mahr: "The teachers thought it was a bomb....because it looks like a fucking bomb!". Damn. Don't agree with Mahr much...but he's right.

Evolutionary atheist Richard Dawkins says an engineers analysis proves Ahmed didnt "build a clock" and asks why he created this stunt.

This nonsense is pushing the electorate more to the right. Moderates are tired of this PC bullshit.

Not a bomb tech but I saw the Maher episode with the pic and it didn't look like a bomb to me. If a electronics device is a bomb to you you're the one with a problem. Instead of granting the premise of stupid people who wouldn't know a bomb from a motherboard let's apply reason and save the panic for cylyndrical tubes and stuff that looks like silly putty instead of everything with some wires.

None so blind.

:dig:

???

I thought this perspective was very fair, Pogo. What problem do you "see" with it?

Think about it -- these are the same wackadoos who created that "climate" in the first place. That appears to have been the entire POINT here -- to expose that hypocrisy. And yet they run around blaming everybody else but themselves.

Ergo: none so blind.

Dear Pogo I don't know if we are talking about the same people.

I think the people involved in fear mongering and political incitement
are NOT the same ones issuing reconciliatory statements trying to be fair.

In any case, I would hope that the people with peacemaking intentions
end up rising up out of the crowd and restoring sense and order.

I'm not sure which people are the most responsible for polarizing the sides, for political posturing,
but I trust that will subside as we hear more from the people who are trying to be fair to everyone.

No, apparently we're not. I'm talking about the authorities. The ones who fail to see that they themselves are the perpetrators of this aura of suspicion. The school and police. The ones who overreacted and played right into his hands to prove his point, assuming that's what the point was.

Dear Pogo Isn't that INCLUDED in what the statement was saying?
That the environment of fear IS the culprit that STARTS the whole mess to begin with!

Just like 9/11 is the FAULT of the people who did the acts.
but the whole ENVIRONMENT in America allowed such acts to go through undetected.

The ENVIRONMENT is what incites these issues to escalate.
If we all address the ENVIRONMENT we can better nip the problem in the bud at the very onset.

I agree Pogo that everyone should take responsibility for their part in this.
Isn't the first step to acknowledge the whole setup is negative and divided by fear and to start there?
Wouldn't the issues of the police and teachers be BEST ADDRESSED in that context?

I'm afraid you lost me, Em. Might be too many posts ago. :dunno:

What I see going on here, to recap, is --- assuming Ahmed had an ulterior motive and meant to make some kind of social statement -- he simply provided a rope and let the authorities hang themselves. But they're still the ones who did the hanging.

They could have simply ignored it and it would have been, no pun intended, a dud. But the choice of their actions was strictly up to them. That they reacted in the negative way they did is entirely on them and proves his point, in spades --- if, again, that was his point.

It's kind of brilliant. I find it very Tao.

Forum List

Back