Bill O'Reilly.....Slaves that built the white house were well fed

Why are Liberals against understanding history with the correct facts?

Nothing wrong with facts, but what was the point of bringing it up? Michelle Obama was not casting aspersions on anyone with her comments, in fact she was detailing how far we have come as a country. Why did Mr. O'Reilly feel that her statement needed an addendum, THAT particular addendum?
Did you see the threads popping up on it yesterday, again, after her speech Monday night? I think he was just trying to get his fellow goons on the same page with some facts for once.

Okay, so why add that particular clarification to the facts? He could have simply said, Mrs Obama was correct, the White House was built by slaves and she's right "We've come a long way, baby!"
You mean the "well fed and had decent lodgings" part? Is that the part that is bothering you? That's all relative, anyway, isn't it, and apparently a two hundred year old perspective? I'm assuming whatever "well fed" meant, it wasn't a diet Bill would want to subsist on. You gotta take O'Reilly with a grain of salt, and not so seriously. As much as he may want to think so, he is not the sole voice of the conservative nation.

Yeah, that's the part that's "bothering" me. He had no reason to bring up that the slaves were "well fed and had decent lodgings". It was stupid. He should have stopped at "Mrs. Obama was right".

Are you reading the other voices of the "conservative nation"?
Only the loons here.

It's amazing how you dumbasses can read something and manage to find things in the content that were never said.
"Slaves that worked there were well-fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government, which stopped hiring slave labor in 1802. However, the feds did not forbid subcontractors from using slave labor. So, Michelle Obama is essentially correct in citing slaves as builders of the White House, but there were others working as well. Got it all? There will be a quiz."

Give us your explanation
There is nothing in there suggesting O'Reilly was claiming slavery was ok which was being implied and in some cases said outright by you and your fellow lefties. Got it, good, so long.

Yet, O'Reilly is soft selling the institution of slavery
"well fed and had decent lodgings" is an attempt to justify the use of slave labor
It wasn't so bad
It's also the right's contrarian idiocy, that Obama is "always wrong."

I am baffled how the right is always bragging about how they were the ones who ended slavery yet seem to defend slavery and its flag at every opportunity

Breaking news....Breaking News

Melania Trump claimed today that she lives in a house built by slaves

Oh...they were "well fed"? That makes it all better then.

Freedom Schmeedom, Am I right?
States Rights trumps Slavery.

Just ask any Southern conservative, circa 50 years ago or more.

Sorry, but the constitution was amended by republicans to.prevent that...although it exists in leftwing transfer payments
The Constitution was amended by liberal Republicans to abolish slavery, but was resisted by Southern conservatives for another century who insisted states rights took precedence.

Wrong, watch Lincoln........conservative republicans backed lincoln

Cray eh? Conservative republicans for.the abolition of slavery in 1860s.....who knew?

What conservative Republicans?

The slavery issue at that time hinged on states rights. Conservatives are and were FOR states rights, and states rights were considered essential to protect the slave states.

It's amazing how you dumbasses can read something and manage to find things in the content that were never said.
"Slaves that worked there were well-fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government, which stopped hiring slave labor in 1802. However, the feds did not forbid subcontractors from using slave labor. So, Michelle Obama is essentially correct in citing slaves as builders of the White House, but there were others working as well. Got it all? There will be a quiz."

Give us your explanation
There is nothing in there suggesting O'Reilly was claiming slavery was ok which was being implied and in some cases said outright by you and your fellow lefties. Got it, good, so long.

"well fed and had decent lodgings" is an attempt to justify the use of slave labor
It wasn't so bad

I am baffled how the right is always bragging about how they were the ones who ended slavery yet seem to defend slavery and its flag at every opportunity

Slavery is a non-issue in today's politics unless you actually know of a movement to bring back slavery? I'm pretty sure the democratic party took it out of its platform after 1865 or so. Maybe this should be moved to the history section of this website?

Steak and caviar at every meal

Bill O'Reilly: Slaves who built White House were 'well-fed'

Conservatives are absolutely clueless

Is it a fact or not? Were they well fed? I don't understand if Bill O'Reilly is correct then he is correct on it. Are you saying they were not well fed? I don't understand your objection.

He's trying to mitigate slavery. And he's ONLY doing it because of race.

The truth would mitigate slavery not what Bill O'reilly said. What if slaves were well fed?

What does that even mean?

Is it a fact or not? Were they well fed? I don't understand if Bill O'Reilly is correct then he is correct on it. Are you saying they were not well fed? I don't understand your objection.

The truth would mitigate slavery not what Bill O'reilly said. What if slaves were well fed?

It means he thinks blacks should blacks should stop bitching about racism

Sorry, but the constitution was amended by republicans to.prevent that...although it exists in leftwing transfer payments
The Constitution was amended by liberal Republicans to abolish slavery, but was resisted by Southern conservatives for another century who insisted states rights took precedence.

Cray eh? Conservative republicans for.the abolition of slavery in 1860s.....who knew?

The slavery issue at that time hinged on states rights. Conservatives are and were FOR states rights, and states rights were considered essential to protect the slave states.

WRONG! The declaration of independence(s) for the southern states specifically pointed out that the refusal of northern states to enforce the fugitive slave act was one of the reasons why they wanted to leave the union.

No...William taft, william mckinley were both conservative republicans in.1890s......learn history

I don't know if you are familiar with the concept of truth but it would mean that if it is true then it wouldn't matter what Bill O'reilly said because the history of the event would actually be the slaves were well fed. It wouldn't matter what anyone else in the future said about it.

Nothing wrong with facts, but what was the point of bringing it up? Michelle Obama was not casting aspersions on anyone with her comments, in fact she was detailing how far we have come as a country. Why did Mr. O'Reilly feel that her statement needed an addendum, THAT particular addendum?
Because her speech was remarkable and compelling, and conservatives won't have that, so the First Lady must be attacked.

Because her speech was remarkable and compelling, and conservatives won't have that, so the First Lady must be attacked.

I got a feeling she could have said that my bathroom toilet flushes and you would have thought it was a remarkable thing she said.

The slaves of the Democrat welfare plantation are well fed also.

They are welfare slaves but they really only have one job to do for a few minutes every four years. All they have to do is vote for a filthy ass Democrat then they get their food stamps, free medical care, housing subsidies, Obamaphones and be told they are victims.

Actually that slavery isn't all that bad is it? Beats the hell out of working for a living, doesn't it?

Hey pal, thats quite a speech. Who'd you hire to write that crap ;)

Just telling the truth..

The greedy welfare queens vote for the filthy ass Democrats so they can get more free stuff. The Democrats like it like that because it gives them power. It is slave/master relationship.

I got a feeling she could have said that my bathroom toilet flushes and you would have thought it was a remarkable thing she said.

Thank you for the timely example. :laugh:

Did you guys know that slavery was a very small issue back in 1776? It barely ever gets a footnote in the constitution or any of the documents relating to it. The only thing I can think of was that slaves were counted as 2/3 but that was about it. I don't think it occupied a lot of time in the debate about the new constitution or the old one for that matter. Perhaps people at the time didn't think this was a major issue that deserved a lot of attention.

They are welfare slaves but they really only have one job to do for a few minutes every four years. All they have to do is vote for a filthy ass Democrat then they get their food stamps, free medical care, housing subsidies, Obamaphones and be told they are victims.

Actually that slavery isn't all that bad is it? Beats the hell out of working for a living, doesn't it?

Just telling the truth..

The greedy welfare queens vote for the filthy ass Democrats so they can get more free stuff. The Democrats like it like that because it gives them power. It is slave/master relationship.

How do you say shit like this and expect to be taken seriously? Do you honestly believe that the entire electorate that elected Obama twice is on the dole?

You really should think before you repeat the nonsense you hear.

Just telling the truth..

Would anyone who is on welfare vote for the politician that wants to get rid of it? Politicians that push these welfare schemes have got to know that on some level.

Give us your explanation

It wasn't so bad

Slavery is a non-issue in today's politics unless you actually know of a movement to bring back slavery? I'm pretty sure the democratic party took it out of its platform after 1865 or so. Maybe this should be moved to the history section of this website?

It may be a non-issue but it is one of the only accomplishments todays Republicans can point to when asked about minority outreach

Just telling the truth..

Would anyone who is on welfare vote for the politician that wants to get rid of it? Politicians that push these welfare schemes have got to know that on some level.

Yet, upper middle class and wealthy blacks will not vote Republican

Neither will well off Jews or Asians who are repulsed by Republican policies

Forum List

Back