Bill to force homeschoolers to warrantless home inspections

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Under the guise of preventing child abuse, lawmakers in Maryland have introduced a bill that will allow the state to intrude in the lives of innocent families, keeping tabs on them, and destroying their right to privacy.
Bill to Force Homeschoolers to Warrantless Home Inspections

The sick left will loathe over this one, it's so funny how you losers laugh and support everything ant American, ant freedom, rights etc. until they come for you then it's not so funny any more.

There is a huge push by the left to infiltrate our homes and take our children via the schools. Progressive states are hiring an ARMY of fanatical child welfare workers, who will do *home visits* with snap/tanf workers and *look* for reasons to take kids.

The schools likewise are pushing hard against home schooling because child welfare and the schools work hand in hand to interrogate and infiltrate homes via counselors and various and assorted school programs which consist of asking kids pointed questions, having them fill out questionnaires, and then calling the police and child welfare if there's anything *funny*.

Yet they refuse to call the police or child welfare when there are complaints of school employees diddling kids.

Get your kids out of public schools. If you are on foodstamps or take ANY sort of public assistance, get off it now. You're being targeted and not for nice things.

Under the guise of preventing child abuse, lawmakers in Maryland have introduced a bill that will allow the state to intrude in the lives of innocent families, keeping tabs on them, and destroying their right to privacy.

The sick left will loathe over this one, it's so funny how you losers laugh and support everything ant American, ant freedom, rights etc. until they come for you then it's not so funny any more.

Well technically if they're calling their home a school, then it is subject to the same standards held to other schools. And they are routinely inspected for these types of things, and also cleanliness, safety, curriculum and so on.

But I doubt it will pass the test of constitutionality. I think it's the 4th Amendment protection, right?

Well technically if they're calling their home a school, then it is subject to the same standards held to other schools. And they are routinely inspected for these types of things, and also cleanliness, safety, curriculum and so on.

No, it doesn't. Those schools receive FEDERAL and STATE funding. The *standards* are a result of that. Homeschool classrooms do not receive any federal or state funding.

The children belong to the parents. Not to the state. The state has no authority to *inspect* homes to make sure they're *up to code* based on parents' decision to keep their children home from the dangerous and otherwise dysfunctional public schools.

But I doubt it will pass the test of constitutionality. I think it's the 4th Amendment protection, right?

And no, they aren't calling their homes, "schools". They are choosing to school their children at home. That isn't the same as saying your home is a school. You are just educating your kids yourself. Schools are a government entity.

I doubt it will pass the sniff test.

They can't brainwash home schooled children, and they want ALL of our children thinking the way the left indoctrinates them to think...

There is a huge push by the left to infiltrate our homes and take our children via the schools. Progressive states are hiring an ARMY of fanatical child welfare workers, who will do *home visits* with snap/tanf workers and *look* for reasons to take kids.

The schools likewise are pushing hard against home schooling because child welfare and the schools work hand in hand to interrogate and infiltrate homes via counselors and various and assorted school programs which consist of asking kids pointed questions, having them fill out questionnaires, and then calling the police and child welfare if there's anything *funny*.

Yet they refuse to call the police or child welfare when there are complaints of school employees diddling kids.

Get your kids out of public schools. If you are on foodstamps or take ANY sort of public assistance, get off it now. You're being targeted and not for nice things.
I'm not saying you, personally, but a lot of abusers use the ruse of "homeschooling" to keep their kids from being under a school's watchful eye. I've seen it done plenty and those kids haven't got books or worked on anything in months or even since forever.
Rather than home visits, schools should REQUIRE all homeschoolers to take the achievement tests with the rest of their class, and if they have fallen behind, work with the parents on an action plan.
It's for the kids' sake, KG.

No, home schooling is not subject to the same standards as public accommodations. How much leeway parents have differs from state to state. In Arizona, for example, you really only need to inform the state that you are, in fact, homeschooling your child. If you are not using a curriculum from an accredited school which offers a diploma, you basically just take your kid to get the GED test at graduation, and that's that. It's entirely up to you how you want to handle it.

I can't think offhand of ANY state currently that allows people to inspect, or even enter, the home. I believe the strictest states require you to present your child for regular standardized testing and to verify that you're using a curriculum which meets basic standards.

If Maryland thinks they can do an end-run around the 4th Amendment "for the children", I think they're in a for a rude awakening.

I doubt it will pass the sniff test.

I can even see the ACLU getting into the lawsuit act here. Whatever they do or don't think about homeschooling, state officials barging into people's homes without a warrant or any sort of probable cause? I can hear the screams now.

Forum List

Back