Birth Control Mandate: Is this taking the Religous Liberty Exception too far?

why won't you create your own religion where the poor take the place of god?
the hypocrisy of the militantly atheist left is just hilarious.
Your assumption that everyone on the left is atheist is just hilarious. And God happens to be concerned for the poor, mentioned more in the Bible than homosexuals, so why are those on the right, who are supposed to be Godly, not concerned for the poor, too?

Catholic faith is NOT centered around helping the poor. It is a secondary and even a tertiary problem. Neither is it a centerpiece for any religion, for that matter - and it should not be.
Christianity is, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have mentioned it so many times. He even told a rich man who wanted to know how to get into heaven, to sell all his possessions and give them to the poor....but he couldn't because he had so much.
What is your opinion about what Christianity is centered upon? Getting rich? Not paying taxes?

Christianity is rooted in Salvation. God first in all things. We each fall short, that is a given.

That's for sure, but one of Jesus' most important message was to take care of the poor, and providing food (especially for the children) is the least we can do. And, anybody that doesn't want to take contraceptives doesn't have to, the exemption keeps them from even having to pay for it, so how is that considered an attack on their faith?

Mertex, do you want to exterminate the poor?

By providing "free" birth control?

Let me tell you something - it's impossible.

The poor will always be there.

You will always have poor with you, but you will not always have Me.
John 12:8

stop being the pauperes cultist and become a Christian :D

Your assumption that everyone on the left is atheist is just hilarious. And God happens to be concerned for the poor, mentioned more in the Bible than homosexuals, so why are those on the right, who are supposed to be Godly, not concerned for the poor, too?

Christianity is, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have mentioned it so many times. He even told a rich man who wanted to know how to get into heaven, to sell all his possessions and give them to the poor....but he couldn't because he had so much.
What is your opinion about what Christianity is centered upon? Getting rich? Not paying taxes?

Christianity is rooted in Salvation. God first in all things. We each fall short, that is a given.

That's for sure, but one of Jesus' most important message was to take care of the poor, and providing food (especially for the children) is the least we can do. And, anybody that doesn't want to take contraceptives doesn't have to, the exemption keeps them from even having to pay for it, so how is that considered an attack on their faith?

How is driving a car for a friend that robs a convenience store a crime? How can you honestly say that one is perfectly logical, but the other is absurd?

Are you indicating that the righteous man's path to salvation is through government's redistribution of wealth?

If that is what you got out of my comment, then you have a comprehension problem. Salvation is about believing that Jesus is God, and if you believe that Jesus is God, then certainly you would want to do what he commands.....and helping the poor was a very important thing for Him to pass on to us.

In fact....many of the things that Jesus taught are being rejected by the right. Wanting to eliminate welfare, and affordable health care among them.

Matthew 25:34-36 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me."

Christians do take care of the poor.

To a much greater extent than the state..ANY state... ever has.

It's just more yammering and lying by the lying progressives who want to eliminate Christianity and kill off the children of minorities.

Are you indicating that the righteous man's path to salvation is through government's redistribution of wealth?

If that is what you got out of my comment, then you have a comprehension problem. Salvation is about believing that Jesus is God, and if you believe that Jesus is God, then certainly you would want to do what he commands.....and helping the poor was a very important thing for Him to pass on to us.

In fact....many of the things that Jesus taught are being rejected by the right. Wanting to eliminate welfare, and affordable health care among them.

Matthew 25:34-36 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me."

PERSONALLY. He talks about PERSONAL responsibility, PERSONAL involvement, not government ripping off the people to satisfy it's own need and throwing the bone to the poor( you know that 40% of the funds the social network systems are spending are being spent on the SYSTEM, don't you?)

that is exactly the view over Christianity the pauperes cultists hold.

But do not expect them to pay even a penny to help the poor - their private money is sacred. It's "the others" people money which has to be sacrificed.

That's another one of your dumbest posts. Since when are those on the left exempt from paying taxes? If you were to do a little research you would realize that it is the rich and wealthy and corporations that are given many tax loopholes and shelters.....and those are the ones that you coddle.

PERSONALLY. He talks abut PERSONAL responsibility, PERSONAL involvement, not government[ ripping off the people to satisfy it's own need and throwing the bone to the poor( you know that 40% of the funds the social network systems are spending are being spent on the SYSTEM, don't you?)

Calm down, I see you're getting your panties all in a wad again.....yelling. I can read the normal size type, don't need to increase it.

Yes, and personal responsibility is what you are shirking......you don't want to pay taxes but you still want to enjoy the great benefits of this country. If left up to the people alone, we'd be a third world country by now, considering how much the right whines about paying taxes.

And, FYI, 60% is a lot more than 0%....which is what you are aspiring for.

that is exactly the view over Christianity the pauperes cultists hold.

But do not expect them to pay even a penny to help the poor - their private money is sacred. It's "the others" people money which has to be sacrificed.

That's another one of your dumbest posts. Since when are those on the left exempt from paying taxes? If you were to do a little research you would realize that it is the rich and wealthy and corporations that are given many tax loopholes and shelters.....and those are the ones that you coddle.

and this one is just an example of your stupidity. if the "help to the poor" is the help derived from the taxes only ( and everybody on the right pays the taxes, to the much higher extent than on the left - see the 47% ) what in earth does it have to do with Christianity?

since when paying HIGHER taxes is the most important part of the Christianity?

PERSONALLY. He talks abut PERSONAL responsibility, PERSONAL involvement, not government[ ripping off the people to satisfy it's own need and throwing the bone to the poor( you know that 40% of the funds the social network systems are spending are being spent on the SYSTEM, don't you?)

Calm down, I see you're getting your panties all in a wad again.....yelling. I can read the normal size type, don't need to increase it.

Yes, and personal responsibility is what you are shirking......you don't want to pay taxes but you still want to enjoy the great benefits of this country. If left up to the people alone, we'd be a third world country by now, considering how much the right whines about paying taxes.

And, FYI, 60% is a lot more than 0%....which is what you are aspiring for.

you obviously can't read at all and started to shriek yourself when you started coloring your posts.

losing it again, fake Christian?

why won't you create your own religion where the poor take the place of god?
the hypocrisy of the militantly atheist left is just hilarious.

Catholic faith is NOT centered around helping the poor. It is a secondary and even a tertiary problem. Neither is it a centerpiece for any religion, for that matter - and it should not be.

Christianity is NOT about helping the poor. Period.

helping the poor is a tertiary issue.

Stop LYING.

If it was not important Jesus wouldn't have talked about it more than He talked about anything else. You're the one that is lying.....obviously you don't take Jesus at his word.

Not true.

Not even close.

She's telling it like it is, Luddly. Nothing satisfied the Nazis with penalizing the Jews even before Chrystalknacht. Their behaviors against people of Jewish extraction were heinous prior to hauling them off to Auschwitz for the express purpose of annihilating the Jewish population of Europe in its entirety. The Nazis were proud of their abuse of Jews and kept fastidious records about every detail of their persecution of them from the minute the Nazis began rising to power based on anti-Semitism from their very first meeting. They left hundreds of thousands of photographs of dead Jews wherever they were slaughtered. Every instance. That's how we know exactly how many people they are recorded killing. There is pictorial evidence of everything. They celebrated their deeds much like cereal murderers do.

you expect a flaming leftard to know the facts?

ignorance of the facts is the base for the leftist ideology.

because if one knows the facts, one CAN NOT abide by leftist ideology if one is not the heartless scum.
I do not consider our leftards on the board to be especially educated or smart ( and they provide the proof of that daily) but I do not consider them ALL to be essentially vile and vicious.

Geez, you're so full of hate and vitriol, I'm sure glad that you are not a Christian....you have trouble liking "lefties" I'm sure you would certainly not be able to "Love your Enemy" like Jesus commanded.....Pity you.

Stop LYING.

If it was not important Jesus wouldn't have talked about it more than He talked about anything else. You're the one that is lying.....obviously you don't take Jesus at his word.

No, it was NOT. it was the LEAST important issue and Jesus Himself pointed out at that - at the hypocrisy of the left of the times, which was, oh, surprise surprise - Judas Iscariot :lol:

Christianity is not about paying higher taxes.
period.

the hypocrisy of the left was exposed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF - because He knew them always:

4 But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5 “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.” 6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.

7 “Leave her alone,” Jesus replied. “It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8 You will always have the poor among you,[c] but you will not always have me.”

I can picture the Iscariots of our time - all those rdeans, Mertexes, luddlies, and other flaming leftards which are here to teach us what Christianity is about - to ask Jesus Christ those words :lol:

even the reason Iscariot wanted to "help the poor" was the EXACT same reason the contemporary left wants US to pay higher taxes - so THEY, the government warlords will have the say in redistribution of them :D

Last edited:

Stop LYING.

No, it was NOT. it was the LEAST important issue and Jesus Himself pointed out at that - at the hypocrisy of the left of the times, which was, oh, surprise surprise - Judas Iscariot :lol:

Talk about spinning something Jesus said to fit your misrepresentation. Jesus was talking to them about His not being present here always....He knew he was going to be crucified, and yes, there will always be poor people because the least we do is try to keep them alive, but if left to the "right-wing" - they would all die and then we wouldn't have them.

period.
Actually, Jesus admonished us to pay our taxes (render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's.) He didn't say, unless they are too high! :lol:

Talk about spinning something Jesus said to fit your misrepresentation. Jesus was talking to them about His not being present here always....He knew he was going to be crucified, and yes, there will always be poor people because the least we do is try to keep them alive, but if left to the "right-wing" - they would all die and then we wouldn't have them.

period.
Actually, Jesus admonished us to pay our taxes (render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's.) He didn't say, unless they are too high! :lol:

Actually Jesus scolded the hypocrite leftard of his time and admonished him as He knew exactly what the re-distributors of all time wanted - to have access to the money which does not belong to them :lol:

4 But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5 “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.” 6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.

7 “Leave her alone,” Jesus replied. “It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8 You will always have the poor among you,[c] but you will not always have me.”

Last edited:
Christian charity provides for more people than any state funded assistance.

So quit lying, mertex. It doesn't fly.

No, it is taking government intervention into individual life too far.
Contraception has absolutely nothing to do with healthcare. It is a lifestyle option, not a healthcare option.
Where have you been? What do you mean that contraception has nothing to do with healthcare? It's not just to keep you from getting pregnant.....geez, you need to read more.

The conditions for which the American Academy of Family Physicians endorses the use of oral contraceptives are:

Non-Contraceptive Benefits Of The Pill - Other Benefits of Oral Contraceptives

And it is an extremely discriminatory mandate - not only on religious grounds, but it is a perfect example of gender discrimination. If it should be covered for women, why shouldn't it be covered for men?
Really? But Viagra is covered for men....don't you think that's gender discriminatory?

According to the article, they are being given the opportunity to be exempt....all they have to do is fill out a damn form, for goodness sake.....how hard is that?

ANYONE who says contraception has nothing to do with healthcare can be dismissed from the debate.

There is no need to include ignoramuses in the discussion.

And Christ flogged the moneychangers at the temple....men who told believers that if they just spent money as the moneychangers advised, they would attain heaven.

Sound familiar?

the hypocrisy of the left was exposed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF - because He knew them always:

I can picture the Iscariots of our time - all those rdeans, Mertexes, luddlies, and other flaming leftards which are here to teach us what Christianity is about - to ask Jesus Christ those words :lol:

Ha,ha, now you're implying that Judas was a liberal? If he had been a liberal, he would have not worried about the "waste" - he, like most Republicans in Congress, was pretending to care about the poor but actually wanted the money to use on himself, as they have done, wasting money on repeals of the ACA knowing they are not going to go anywhere.

Nobody can teach a greedy person about Christianity....so, I wouldn't even attempt it...I'm just pointing out what you most certainly don't comprehend.

Forum List

Back