Black conservative tea party backers take heat

The Tea Party---an old time party for the 21st century---reinventing the term ******---niggar.

tea_party_collage.jpg

Personally, I object to any term, like 'community' that divides us. You're no different to me, no better, no worse.... not on the color or your skin any more than my hair color makes a difference. Am I part of a 'blonde community'? No. The whole concept of 'community' is just shit..... be an American. That is all. One word. American.

demography among people constitutes community, particularly when they share many of the same conditions and in every other way are a community. the united states is a very race conscious country, so lines of race remain as a particular characteristic for us to act on what i believe to be part of our nature. while you dont associate much common ground with folks who share your hair color, certainly you feel that you are a conservative, and that there is a sense of community there.

hopefully your sense of community geographically and ideologically could shed some light on other people's associations, barring narrowness of mind. there's some positive and negative effect to the idea of community on lines of race, but it is certainly an older tradition than political persuasion. it is a tradition which afforded black people a voice in politics and equality, and a place among the benefactors of the constitution, and less than a half century back. that you think that's shit reflects further on your insularity.

'American' is a conglomeration of diverse identities and communities, not just one identity, or one community -- that you're an unwitting member of the american majority community, you're essentially asking people to leave what they identify with and identify with what you do. Has that occurred to you?

Gee, no, I never thinked that thought. Jeeeez, get over your own importance. I rarely comment without having considered what I'm saying.

There is only one identity. American. Everything else divides us. Treating some people differently - based on anything other than their being American - hinders us, it does not help those it is supposed to 'help'.

The minorities have paid the price of this for decades. It is time we moved on from any label other than the one that ties us.... we are Americans. That is all. It is far more than any other nation on earth. We should be thankful for that, put aside the childish labels of yesterday and accept that who we are.... all of us.

I'm pro-gun, anti-irs, pro-small government, pro-school choice, and pretty much a social libertarian (pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, anti-drug war). Wouldn't dare call myself a republican or a "black conservative". Most black republicans I know fall into one of two categories, black bastards who grew up either around all whites or very few blacks complaining about how much they hate the black community because we're all moraless, lazy, crime-prone, drains to society on welfare (Jesse Lee Peterson)... or just plain idiots (Michael Steele). Most black conservatives have a preconceived notion that racism no longer exists, which we can disprove just by spending a few moments in the USMB forums on race... or that poor people cause all of their own problems.

Republicans especially, consistently neglect and undermine the African American community by offering absolutely no solutions to the REAL and SERIOUS problems that face urban and inner city life and the concerns of the African American middle class. The closest the Republican Party has come to actually trying to sway African Americans comes from their embracing of the "social conservative" message which they thought could work because the majority of African Americans ARE fundamentalist or evangelical Christians. The largest black denominations are the COGIC (pentecostal) and the African Methodist Episcopal Church, which are both socially conservative. I myself, as much as I hate moral values voters, grew up fundamentalist Apostolic/Pentecostal. Anyway this means most blacks generally AREN'T fans of gay marriage and the community is largely split down the middle on abortion.

With the rise in popularity of mega-churches that are often woed by the christian right the republican party THOUGHT they'd have a chance at doubling or maybe tripling their percentage of black voters. Remember they were talking about that in 2000 when Bush the compassionate conservative got a pretty nice percentage of black voters (which he definitely didn't get in 2004 for various reasons)? Turns out most African Americans just don't vote outside of the party and don't vote on values issues and don't see them as crucial at all. That and the fact that many blacks are becoming most socially liberal with the times and many African Americans (and even some conservative African Americans) came out in opposition to the wars, are what is leading to the Republicans loosing ground even now amongst so-called blacks.

The fact is, though I'm a moderate fiscal conservative myself, the republican party has NEVER been able to come up with an urban platform that works and that can attract urban voters. The attitude of the GOP towards the inner city is it'll never change, it's all their fault, and pull yourself up by your bootstraps. If one truly takes a look at the serious and fundamental problems that plague the black lower and in ways middle class, there are some conservative answers to the problem. For instance over-taxation choking neighborhood businesses to death, lack of accountability in the schools, the federal government failing when it comes to the bailouts, second amendment restrictions and prohibition in the city causing the formation of a massive black market (which is largely a libertarian issue, but being that I like their platform and think there's is the most plausible in the inner cities anyway this applies to them as well). There are fronts upon which the right can win, but they don't field the right candidates and refuse to address issues that concern people of color.

Of course the republican party though has embraced neo-conservativism and christian rightism which cannot and will not hold the so-called black vote. People of color saw the failure of Bushism over and over again in Katrina for instance. But instead of the Republican party telling the truth and revealing that Federal government bureaucracy and failures in FEMA and FEMA being an unnecessary federal program that should be dismantled they go about sending social conservatives to blame the people that live in New Orleans for staying in the city when there's but a few ways out of the city and tens of thousands of people who are elderly and without cars. That whole thing was a complete fail for the Republican Party and shows the disconnect. Between the Republican Party and the so-called negro community. Do I think a Democrat could have done better? No. The Federal government absolutely failed, and it failed for a reason, and the right has a strategic place to say exactly why and what happened and where the failure occurred. Instead they blamed the tens of thousands of people starving on live television for starving on live television and piss black people off even more.

Which is why people who identify with the republican party are called "uncle toms", not because they have an ideology that's different from the community's but because they identify with a party that has foolishly neglected the so-called African American community, and really doesn't even pretend to care about the inner cities. While I'll admit that the democrats only do just that "pretend", I'm a registered democrat because at least they make an effort to address us. They're not perfect as a party and I agree with them on almost nothing accept for that I'm extremely socially liberal, (though I'm probably to socially liberal for even them), but it's an avenue through which I feel comfortable working in. I don't feel comfortable working with a bunch of hicks who think that people who lived in New Orleans should have drowned or saved themselves. Now, I know that's not all the GOP stands for, but in this context that's the dynamic we have to look at here. That kind of politicking works well in the foothills but not in Atlanta, NYC, Chicago, Memphis, or Baltimore. However there is now (especially with the rise of the tea party) so little room within the Republican Party for politicians who stray away from the social agenda and who are fit to address these issues that that party specifically HAS become the party of conservative white males. That's the demographic they've focused on, and thus they've even lost much of the Hispanic base they had.

The Republican Party needs to sit down and discuss how they're going to address urban issues, and that doesn't mean that they need Michael Steele to start rapping and Michelle Bachmann standing at a pulpit saying "you da man", that shit just pisses us off more. So-called negroes don't just do things because a weak ass rap song made by a 50 something year old man with glasses and a receding hairline told us to. There is a unique experience that comes with living in the inner cities of the United States, and such experiences comes with their own concerns. Democrats know those concerns, they're just bad at dealing with them.
Guys like you are the real problem in this country.

You don't see blacks as Americans, you see poor helpless blacks who need whitey's help.

Here, someone wrote a poem that encompises all you just exposed, the dems live by it now:

Modern History Sourcebook: Rudyard Kipling, The White Man's Burden, 1899

When you stop viewing blacks as 'differnet' and claiming they are a seperate community, only then will you understand the soft racism you yourself promote.

You see, I view Americans as simply that, skin color, origin and all that other bullshit is just excuses and reasons to divide people.

i didnt mention myself once in my post, CGirl. where you come up with self-importance, i dont want to know.

what eludes your careful 'consideration' is that diversity isnt the mechanism that has oppressed anyone, historically. it was people in power who felt as you do, that they know best with whom and how everyone should associate, rather than leaving them to the freedom granted them from powers beyond the constitution, to associate and develop the sense of community, which, if anything is lacking nowadays.

we're always going to associate with people with whom we share common ground. sometimes this common ground is derived from contrasts in lifestyle, philosophy, culture and, yes, race, with other such groups. the united states was founded on the basis the this was to be supported not discouraged. communities, regions and states are empowered through our democracy to reflect these differences. again, it was someone in power who aimed to exploit the constitutions' provisions for recognizing diversity by gerrymandering away people's voice.

hitler assaulted diversity and community because they diluted the consensus and nationalism he craved. racial and philosophical diversity continue to enrich the US, thank god. that hasn't stopped your neoconservatives from looking to control the voice of people in urban america, and by extension, the vast majority of the nation's black communities, by forcing an unnatural consensus with rural voters.

that speaks more to uptown's post than your obsession with the semantics of it.

you will always think that there's 'one identy' in america. i don't presume the possibility of opening your eyes on a messageboard if it escapes you in the real world. Would you accept that not everyone thinks that the US is homogenous (or should pretend to be)? Would you accept that if we were to try to affect such a utopia, that mine would be different from yours?

It is repugnant that the KKK was created as the de facto terrorist wing of the Democrat Party; and there's nothing "elegant" about that.

A Short History of Reconstruction, (Harper & Row Publishers, Inc., 1990) by Dr. Eric Foner, the renown liberal historian who is the DeWitt Clinton Professor of History at Columbia University. As a further testament to his impeccable credentials, Professor Foner is only the second person to serve as president of the three major professional organizations: the Organization of American Historians, American Historical Association, and Society of American Historians.

Democrats in the last century did not hide their connections to the Ku Klux Klan. Georgia-born Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan wrote on page 21 of the September 1928 edition of the Klan’s “The Kourier Magazine”: “I have never voted for any man who was not a regular Democrat. My father … never voted for any man who was not a Democrat. My grandfather was …the head of the Ku Klux Klan in reconstruction days…. My great-grandfather was a life-long Democrat…. My great-great-grandfather was…one of the founders of the Democratic party.”

Dr. Foner in his book explores the history of the origins of Ku Klux Klan and provides a chilling account of the atrocities committed by Democrats against Republicans, black and white.

On page 146 of his book, Professor Foner wrote: “Founded in 1866 as a Tennessee social club, the Ku Klux Klan spread into nearly every Southern state, launching a ‘reign of terror‘ against Republican leaders black and white.” Page 184 of his book contains the definitive statements: “In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. It aimed to destroy the Republican party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life.”

Before Civil Rights legislation was passed, it was the Democratic Party that was the party of conservatives. The Republican Party was considered liberal. After that legislation passed, all the conservatives left the Democratic party and became the Republican party. Everyone knows that. It's history.

The KKK of today identifies with the Republican party, because that's where the conservatives are, now. They used to be with the Democratic party, but they moved to the Republican party.

David Duke - Ostracized by GOP
"Sheets" Byrd - Leader of Dems for years.

Idiots

Except that Byrd denounced the Klan decades ago, moron.

uptownlivin90 here's a flash for you. By your own admission the Dimocrat party that roughly 90% or so of blacks blindly - and foolishly IMO - supports with their votes has done virtually nothing to change the plight of urban blacks in America. And that's never going to change for the simple reasons that only urban blacks can determine to take advantage of educational opportunities, only urban blacks can determine speaking Ebonics in lieu of standard English is a barrier to any possible success outside their ghettos, only urban blacks can determine their staggering rate of out-of-wedlock births is nothing short of catastrophic, just to name a few of the many systemic problems damning black culture in America.

So, yeah, continue with the denigration and name calling of the few blacks who are too smart to wallow in others' victimhood.

I'm going to blow this bullshit out of the water right here. First of all, your assumption that most successful people of color are republican, is dead wrong. Most middle class blacks and even upper class blacks are still overwhelmingly democrat. THAT being said, there are some issues you mentioned that aren't even unique to blacks at all. Every demographic in this country has it's own accent. I'm from Mississippi, my speech reflects that. I know how to speak properly however, when necessary but I can assure you BEING from Mississippi poor speech is not a so-called "negro" problem.

Additionally "by my own admission" NEITHER party has done anything to address the plight and issues of urban Americans. In matter of fact NEITHER party has done much of anything for anybody in this nation. The fact of the matter is, what the government does has an affect on people's lives. In the cities, the effect has been been largely negative, which is why I am for small government, because it ENHANCES personal responsibility. To pretend though that this monstrosity of a drug war and the prohibition of weapons hasn't massively effected the cities JUST LIKE alcohol prohibition did not massively effect the cities creating Irish, Polish, and Italian gangs back in the 20s, would be ignorant at best. This "Drug War" has done more damage to the inner cities than any other unconstitutional government program known to man. To deny that would be lunacy. The only one of "you" who seem to get it though is probably Ron Paul.

There have been in depth studies and analysis on this. I've been in activism fighting against government expansion and this drug war for the past two years. Exactly how many black people do you know and how long have you lived in an area where poor people of color live?

Before Civil Rights legislation was passed, it was the Democratic Party that was the party of conservatives. The Republican Party was considered liberal. After that legislation passed, all the conservatives left the Democratic party and became the Republican party. Everyone knows that. It's history.

The KKK of today identifies with the Republican party, because that's where the conservatives are, now. They used to be with the Democratic party, but they moved to the Republican party.

Idiots

Not sure I recall a time in the last 80 years that the GOP has allowed a KKK member to lead its party.

Moron.

I'm pro-gun, anti-irs, pro-small government, pro-school choice, and pretty much a social libertarian (pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, anti-drug war). Wouldn't dare call myself a republican or a "black conservative". Most black republicans I know fall into one of two categories, black bastards who grew up either around all whites or very few blacks complaining about how much they hate the black community because we're all moraless, lazy, crime-prone, drains to society on welfare (Jesse Lee Peterson)... or just plain idiots (Michael Steele). Most black conservatives have a preconceived notion that racism no longer exists, which we can disprove just by spending a few moments in the USMB forums on race... or that poor people cause all of their own problems.

Republicans especially, consistently neglect and undermine the African American community by offering absolutely no solutions to the REAL and SERIOUS problems that face urban and inner city life and the concerns of the African American middle class. The closest the Republican Party has come to actually trying to sway African Americans comes from their embracing of the "social conservative" message which they thought could work because the majority of African Americans ARE fundamentalist or evangelical Christians. The largest black denominations are the COGIC (pentecostal) and the African Methodist Episcopal Church, which are both socially conservative. I myself, as much as I hate moral values voters, grew up fundamentalist Apostolic/Pentecostal. Anyway this means most blacks generally AREN'T fans of gay marriage and the community is largely split down the middle on abortion.

With the rise in popularity of mega-churches that are often woed by the christian right the republican party THOUGHT they'd have a chance at doubling or maybe tripling their percentage of black voters. Remember they were talking about that in 2000 when Bush the compassionate conservative got a pretty nice percentage of black voters (which he definitely didn't get in 2004 for various reasons)? Turns out most African Americans just don't vote outside of the party and don't vote on values issues and don't see them as crucial at all. That and the fact that many blacks are becoming most socially liberal with the times and many African Americans (and even some conservative African Americans) came out in opposition to the wars, are what is leading to the Republicans loosing ground even now amongst so-called blacks.

The fact is, though I'm a moderate fiscal conservative myself, the republican party has NEVER been able to come up with an urban platform that works and that can attract urban voters. The attitude of the GOP towards the inner city is it'll never change, it's all their fault, and pull yourself up by your bootstraps. If one truly takes a look at the serious and fundamental problems that plague the black lower and in ways middle class, there are some conservative answers to the problem. For instance over-taxation choking neighborhood businesses to death, lack of accountability in the schools, the federal government failing when it comes to the bailouts, second amendment restrictions and prohibition in the city causing the formation of a massive black market (which is largely a libertarian issue, but being that I like their platform and think there's is the most plausible in the inner cities anyway this applies to them as well). There are fronts upon which the right can win, but they don't field the right candidates and refuse to address issues that concern people of color.

Of course the republican party though has embraced neo-conservativism and christian rightism which cannot and will not hold the so-called black vote. People of color saw the failure of Bushism over and over again in Katrina for instance. But instead of the Republican party telling the truth and revealing that Federal government bureaucracy and failures in FEMA and FEMA being an unnecessary federal program that should be dismantled they go about sending social conservatives to blame the people that live in New Orleans for staying in the city when there's but a few ways out of the city and tens of thousands of people who are elderly and without cars. That whole thing was a complete fail for the Republican Party and shows the disconnect. Between the Republican Party and the so-called negro community. Do I think a Democrat could have done better? No. The Federal government absolutely failed, and it failed for a reason, and the right has a strategic place to say exactly why and what happened and where the failure occurred. Instead they blamed the tens of thousands of people starving on live television for starving on live television and piss black people off even more.

Which is why people who identify with the republican party are called "uncle toms", not because they have an ideology that's different from the community's but because they identify with a party that has foolishly neglected the so-called African American community, and really doesn't even pretend to care about the inner cities. While I'll admit that the democrats only do just that "pretend", I'm a registered democrat because at least they make an effort to address us. They're not perfect as a party and I agree with them on almost nothing accept for that I'm extremely socially liberal, (though I'm probably to socially liberal for even them), but it's an avenue through which I feel comfortable working in. I don't feel comfortable working with a bunch of hicks who think that people who lived in New Orleans should have drowned or saved themselves. Now, I know that's not all the GOP stands for, but in this context that's the dynamic we have to look at here. That kind of politicking works well in the foothills but not in Atlanta, NYC, Chicago, Memphis, or Baltimore. However there is now (especially with the rise of the tea party) so little room within the Republican Party for politicians who stray away from the social agenda and who are fit to address these issues that that party specifically HAS become the party of conservative white males. That's the demographic they've focused on, and thus they've even lost much of the Hispanic base they had.

The Republican Party needs to sit down and discuss how they're going to address urban issues, and that doesn't mean that they need Michael Steele to start rapping and Michelle Bachmann standing at a pulpit saying "you da man", that shit just pisses us off more. So-called negroes don't just do things because a weak ass rap song made by a 50 something year old man with glasses and a receding hairline told us to. There is a unique experience that comes with living in the inner cities of the United States, and such experiences comes with their own concerns. Democrats know those concerns, they're just bad at dealing with them.
Guys like you are the real problem in this country.

You don't see blacks as Americans, you see poor helpless blacks who need whitey's help.

Here, someone wrote a poem that encompises all you just exposed, the dems live by it now:

Modern History Sourcebook: Rudyard Kipling, The White Man's Burden, 1899

When you stop viewing blacks as 'differnet' and claiming they are a seperate community, only then will you understand the soft racism you yourself promote.

You see, I view Americans as simply that, skin color, origin and all that other bullshit is just excuses and reasons to divide people.

Yeah, blah blah blah I've heard all the bullshit before. Look if your not going to talk about the f-ing issue then don't f-ing reply.

Point of the matter is the post was about black people. I responded... shit. Nobody said that this was the "white man's" fault, nobody said that blacks were a "separate community" and "not apart of America".

If you read that somewhere in my post you read it because you fucking wanted to.

The fact is, most blacks are Democrats, for a reason. I was trying to explain to the best of my ability why I think that is. Nobody views blacks as "different", the fact is though, blacks make up the majority of people who live in the inner cities, and people who live in the inner cities have different issues than people who live in the country and the republican party has not made any strides to form a platform that speaks to or connects with the inner cities.

THUS they've failed to get the majority of people of color's votes. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Thank you uptownlving,

for your honest and deeply thought out response and post...

I'm sorry others do not wish to soundly debate the issues you brought up....

I suppose it is easier to keep thinking the way one thinks than to actually argue the arguments with those that disagree.... :(

It goes to show you WHY the Republican Party will never get the majority of black votes. When you bring up serious issues like this they act like little children. Hell, all well.:eusa_angel:

Why did you vote for Obama?

Why did you vote for Obama?

Because he's black.

And I support the republican congressman in my district because he's white.

I think I'll vote for a hispanic after that.:lol:

Shit I had a few reasons, on a serious note. The biggest was my frustration with the direction this nation was headed. Obama represented a change in the dynamic and an excitement in politics that we hadn't had before during the campaign. While at the time I knew that this "change" probably wouldn't translate into policy come his election (which it hasn't) I was at least going to voice my opposition to the way things were then. Come 2012 I'll be voicing my opposition to the way things STILL are and registering Republican and voting for Gary Johnson in the primaries, and then possibly Libertarian/third party in the generals (at least that's my plan as of now). Basically my opposition to the Bush days drove my vote for Obama. I know I wasn't alone in that.

They'll make fine conservatives. They've got the victimology part down pat already.

btw, according to Gallup, the tea partiers are 79% non-hispanic white and 6% black.
The bell shaped curve is alive and well. The Obama Zombies are are learning just how many people are opposed to his Marxist policies. They can't stand the FACT that many blacks actually oppose our first black President. That's why the Obama Zombies continue to victimize themselves by calling opponents of the Marxist's health car control plan terrorists and racists. God forbid a black man should oppose the Messiah!

Idiots

You sound like one of them "White *******" Byrd talked about just a few years ago

Why do you think the Republican party of today is 90% white and only three blacks have been elected to congress from the Republican Party since the 60s while more than 90 black Democrats have been elected.

The welfare nanny state.

It's that kind of dialog that keeps blacks away from the Republican party.

You mean it's that kind of truth that keeps them away from the Republican Party. The Democrats primarily pimp the welfare state and the recipients will naturally fall in line behind who is ever giving them the hand out. It's simple logic.

That bullshit lie that "conservatives" changed parties after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 ignores what party in the Senate had to PASS the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and that was the Republicans.

That's just historically inaccurate. It was based by a bipartisan coalition of senators from outside the South. And in any region of the country, Republican senators were more likely to vote against..

It is not inaccurate. More Republicans than Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act.

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, so the Tea Party is going to have some black people working for them, helping them try to force the government out of any involvement in anything that might help the economically disadvantaged in this country,

a disproportionate number of whom happen to be black.

That is elegantly repugnant.
It is repugnant that the KKK was created as the de facto terrorist wing of the Democrat Party; and there's nothing "elegant" about that.

A Short History of Reconstruction, (Harper & Row Publishers, Inc., 1990) by Dr. Eric Foner, the renown liberal historian who is the DeWitt Clinton Professor of History at Columbia University. As a further testament to his impeccable credentials, Professor Foner is only the second person to serve as president of the three major professional organizations: the Organization of American Historians, American Historical Association, and Society of American Historians.

Democrats in the last century did not hide their connections to the Ku Klux Klan. Georgia-born Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan wrote on page 21 of the September 1928 edition of the Klan’s “The Kourier Magazine”: “I have never voted for any man who was not a regular Democrat. My father … never voted for any man who was not a Democrat. My grandfather was …the head of the Ku Klux Klan in reconstruction days…. My great-grandfather was a life-long Democrat…. My great-great-grandfather was…one of the founders of the Democratic party.”

Dr. Foner in his book explores the history of the origins of Ku Klux Klan and provides a chilling account of the atrocities committed by Democrats against Republicans, black and white.

On page 146 of his book, Professor Foner wrote: “Founded in 1866 as a Tennessee social club, the Ku Klux Klan spread into nearly every Southern state, launching a ‘reign of terror‘ against Republican leaders black and white.” Page 184 of his book contains the definitive statements: “In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. It aimed to destroy the Republican party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life.”

Southern Democrats a/k/a Dixicrats. They do not exist anymore. Those who held to those values ^ are now Republicans.

Oh, so the Tea Party is going to have some black people working for them, helping them try to force the government out of any involvement in anything that might help the economically disadvantaged in this country,

a disproportionate number of whom happen to be black.

That is elegantly repugnant.

You know how to help the economically disadvantaged? Get them jobs! Taxing companies to the brink and allowing illegal aliens to steal jobs is not a good way to help the economically disdvantaged Americans!

Forum List

Back