Black/Latino Cause Record Low in Dropout Rates

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
It looks like the community outreach programs are starting to pay dividends. You probably will not see it broadcast on prime time TV but the high school dropout rate is at a record low due in part to the decreased dropout rate among Black and Hispanic students

U.S. high school dropout rate reaches record low driven by improvements among Hispanics blacks Pew Research Center

FT_14.10.01_H.S.Dropout_1.png

1) What are they being taught?
2) ARE they being taught?
3) What free things were offered?
4) Is any part of the curriculum the least bit challenging?

Hate to be skeptical but I am. There's been a general "dumbing down" of America's kids through a general watering down of the curriculum. America's Union-run schools don't believe that some kids should succeed while other fail so they lower the standards so that EVERYONE can succeed (and even then many don't). This type of idealism hurts both the bright and the dull students: the bright students are left without a real challenge which creates in them a sense of boredom while the dull-minded students get to "feel good" when they really did nothing to earn that "A."

On the bright side, I'd rather see the kids in school rather than walking the streets selling or doing drugs or committing other crimes.

Hate to be skeptical but I am. There's been a general "dumbing down" of America's kids through a general watering down of the curriculum. America's Union-run schools don't believe that some kids should succeed while other fail so they lower the standards so that EVERYONE can succeed (and even then many don't). This type of idealism hurts both the bright and the dull students: the bright students are left without a real challenge which creates in them a sense of boredom while the dull-minded students get to "feel good" when they really did nothing to earn that "A."

On the bright side, I'd rather see the kids in school rather than walking the streets selling or doing drugs or committing other crimes.

So in other words your rant has nothing to do with THIS article AND you wish to insinuate without any proof, that the kids aren't learning anything.

Yeah, they must be offered free stuff in the minds of "certain" people...smh.

So in other words your rant has nothing to do with THIS article AND you wish to insinuate without any proof, that the kids aren't learning anything.

Michael Brown graduated. That settles it!

Michael Brown graduated. That settles it!

Did you?

Forum List

Back