"Black" Names

I

It is "common knowledge" in the Black community that having a "Black" name can often lead to, for example, employment applications being discarded, and other similar forms of discrimination. Indeed, I have read some first-person accounts of white people having Black-sounding names (e.g., "Jamal") and experiencing such discrimination "unfairly"(?).

I can say for sure that happen because I did it.

Before retirement I was an Engineer. The last 20 years of my career I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people.

I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly.

I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never short listed anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it.

A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental "diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble.

My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.

And so we have a confession showing us how white racism impact blacks today. You were wrong 99 percent of the time and you cost your company money.

I don't give a shit.

I was held accountable for the performance of my division and I wasn't about to let some sorry ass ghetto Negro pull us down.

I was a successful manager. One of the things that contributed to my success was being able to pick good people. It is highly unlikely that some worthless affirmative action asshole by the name of Jamal or Shqueal was going to contribute anything worthwhile.

The rest of this sorry ass country can kiss the ass of the ghetto Neggras but I ain't.

Your company did not reach it's true potential because of your racism. Whites like you got your job by what you think affirmative action is. Many unqualified saltine males were hired for jobs only because their skin was pink. It is apparent you are one of them.
Crystal clear to see.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

So...who would hire someone named Imma Khunt as a spokesperson for a perfume company? How about Iwanna Fhuck as a preacher in a church?
How about someone named Barack Hussein Obama as the President of the United States?

I don't give a shit.

I was held accountable for the performance of my division and I wasn't about to let some sorry ass ghetto Negro pull us down.

I was a successful manager. One of the things that contributed to my success was being able to pick good people. It is highly unlikely that some worthless affirmative action asshole by the name of Jamal or Shqueal was going to contribute anything worthwhile.

The rest of this sorry ass country can kiss the ass of the ghetto Neggras but I ain't.

Got newz for ya Flush. If you singled people out on the basis of what their name was, you were NOT "successful". You were a failure.

Sorry dumbshit but I wasn't a failure. Because I did the right thing and didn't hire dumbass Neggras because of a stupid affirmative action program the contracts I managed were successful and I was reward nicely. Because of the money I made I was able to retire early and comfortably. LOL!

Kissing the ass of stupid Neggras is not a measure of success. Well maybe if you are a Democrat politician trying to get welfare queen votes but not for real Americans.

Your racism is a display of your failure.

His "racism" does not seem to have negatively impacted his results.

Indeed, he has explained his reasoning behind his actions. His results seem to validate it. YOur claim that there was some failure from it, does not seem supported by his results.

On the contrary, his results are not at all enviable. If he's lying about his practices, highly likely since this is the internet where I'm a qualified brain surgeon, then he's impugned his own character and done so voluntarily; if he's not lying, then he's impugned hos own character and done so voluntarily, PLUS he's done disservices to the applicants, AND he's cheated his employer out of immeasurable unknowable potential. There is no scenario where it's a positive thing to dump your own options just because you can't handle them.. If I caught an employee doing that he'd be out on his ass wid a quickness.

So his results, if they be real, are that he cost his employer unknown potential; if they be unreal then he's a liar.

1. Your assumption that he must be lying about his results, reflects on your character, not his.

2. Your assumption that there was hidden potential that he was cheating his employer of, is unsupported. And is the crux of the matter. You can't just assume that your view is right and expect to be taken seriously.

3. Your pretense that him disagreeing with you on racial or cultural issues, makes him a bad person, is just you being narrow minded.

I have written in this space previously that much of Black "inequality" can be reasonably attributed to voluntary behaviors by individual Blacks - mainly bastardy, school drop-out tendency, and petty criminality - and I have recently come upon another one, also a total mystery to me.

It is "common knowledge" in the Black community that having a "Black" name can often lead to, for example, employment applications being discarded, and other similar forms of discrimination. Indeed, I have read some first-person accounts of white people having Black-sounding names (e.g., "Jamal") and experiencing such discrimination "unfairly"(?).

And yet, the trend toward bizarre Christian names among Blacks seems to be increasing as time goes by.

Malik. LaShonda. Trayvon. LaToya. Names with mis-placed capital letters, and apostrophes. I pity the inner-city Kindergarten teacher who must address these children in school for the first time, trying to figure out how to pronounce some of these bizarre names, and to do so without laughing. I have occasionally thought that mothers invent them in the hope that one day the child will be a mega-super-star of one form or another who can be known simply by that first name. Shaquille. OJ. Michael. Et cetera. (Oops. Has anybody used that one?)

But seriously, is this not an utterly stupid thing to do? Why would you - even potentially - saddle your kid with a name that will label him/her as Black, sight unseen, for the rest of his or her life, knowing that it is likely that the name will result in negative discrimination in at least some circumstances? You might as well put a tattoo on your child's forehead saying, "My Mother is an Idiot."

Were I a Black parent, I would go to the other extreme, naming my kid with the most Wasp-ish name I could imagine ("Chatsworth Osborne Smith"), in the hope that it might open a door somewhere in the future. If you want to CALL your kid something more creative, knock yourself out. But to put "D'boneHead" on a Birth Certificate is almost criminally stupid.

Here we have another white person trying to tell blacks what to do. First off, the root cause of the problems we face are rooted in racist beliefs and behavior of whites. Blacks don't need to name our kids as whites tell us to. Whites like the OP need to stop being racists.
The root cause of the problems blacks face is that they listen to old, black leaders and idiots like you.

What they name their kids isn't the issue. It is your culture that is the issue. Change your culture to one that values success, education, family, and hard work and the black community will do just fine.

Go ahead. Tell me a person needing to hire sees those names and refuses to hire them because they are "afraid". G'wan. Insist, so I can laugh at you.
Your affirmative action education and white fragility has you living in a constant state of psychosis. How do you look at a resume and determine that Tyrone or Latriece are unqualified based on their names but Tom and Jane are more qualified? Don't you saltines even call references?

"Some whites in the South were slaves themselves.....they called them transient workers. They were eventually replaced with other folks. Democrats have been bringing slaves into the country since the party was created."

This is a lie.
"Some whites in the South were slaves themselves.....they called them transient workers. They were eventually replaced with other folks. Democrats have been bringing slaves into the country since the party was created."

This is a lie.

Please show some factual evidence that this is a lie. Just because you don't like something or find it inconvenient to your purely racial cause does not make it a lie. Or do you have a problem with the truth and history in general?

Not so long ago if someone called you a liar and it wasn't, you could legally beat the pure living shit out of them.

Got newz for ya Flush. If you singled people out on the basis of what their name was, you were NOT "successful". You were a failure.

Sorry dumbshit but I wasn't a failure. Because I did the right thing and didn't hire dumbass Neggras because of a stupid affirmative action program the contracts I managed were successful and I was reward nicely. Because of the money I made I was able to retire early and comfortably. LOL!

Kissing the ass of stupid Neggras is not a measure of success. Well maybe if you are a Democrat politician trying to get welfare queen votes but not for real Americans.

Indeed, he has explained his reasoning behind his actions. His results seem to validate it. YOur claim that there was some failure from it, does not seem supported by his results.

On the contrary, his results are not at all enviable. If he's lying about his practices, highly likely since this is the internet where I'm a qualified brain surgeon, then he's impugned his own character and done so voluntarily; if he's not lying, then he's impugned hos own character and done so voluntarily, PLUS he's done disservices to the applicants, AND he's cheated his employer out of immeasurable unknowable potential. There is no scenario where it's a positive thing to dump your own options just because you can't handle them.. If I caught an employee doing that he'd be out on his ass wid a quickness.

So his results, if they be real, are that he cost his employer unknown potential; if they be unreal then he's a liar.

1. Your assumption that he must be lying about his results, reflects on your character, not his.

2. Your assumption that there was hidden potential that he was cheating his employer of, is unsupported. And is the crux of the matter. You can't just assume that your view is right and expect to be taken seriously.

3. Your pretense that him disagreeing with you on racial or cultural issues, makes him a bad person, is just you being narrow minded.

1. I don't suggest he's lying about his results. I wouldn't know what those results are. I'm suggesting he could be lying about what he did. Or even that he ever even held such a position.

Hate to bring you this crushing news but I'm not a qualified brain surgeon either. That was supposed to be an analogy. It wasn't supposed to sail over anybody's hood though.

2. I'm afraid it IS supported, unless you can show the class that X list of names are scientifically proven to have less potential than Y list of names.

3. I said nothing about being a "bad person". I noted that he's impugned his own character and possibly done others, including his own employer, a disservice, which is a matter of stating the obvious from simply reading his own posts. "Bad person" is a value judgment, which I leave to the reader, but in any case, as noted, what he allegedly did cannot be interpreted as either "successful" or "positive results" by definition.

4. It's illustrative what you choose to rush in to defend. Isn't it.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

Please show some factual evidence that this is a lie. Just because you don't like something or find it inconvenient to your purely racial cause does not make it a lie. Or do you have a problem with the truth and history in general?

Not so long ago if someone called you a liar and it wasn't, you could legally beat the pure living shit out of them.

Fact 1: Per the Constitution, importation of slaves to the US was officially banned in 1808, and had begun in the 16th century (1526 to be exact).

Fact 2: The Democratic Party was organized by Martin van Buren in the 1830s, more than a generation after such importation was discontinued and more than three hundred years after it started.

Fact 3: Martin van Buren did not possess a time machine.

Fact 4: Absent such a time machine Linear Time is incontrovertible.

Not so long ago if someone called you a liar and it wasn't [sic], you could legally beat the pure living shit out of them.

Linkie?

Last edited:
I have written in this space previously that much of Black "inequality" can be reasonably attributed to voluntary behaviors by individual Blacks - mainly bastardy, school drop-out tendency, and petty criminality - and I have recently come upon another one, also a total mystery to me.

And yet, the trend toward bizarre Christian names among Blacks seems to be increasing as time goes by.

Malik. LaShonda. Trayvon. LaToya. Names with mis-placed capital letters, and apostrophes. I pity the inner-city Kindergarten teacher who must address these children in school for the first time, trying to figure out how to pronounce some of these bizarre names, and to do so without laughing. I have occasionally thought that mothers invent them in the hope that one day the child will be a mega-super-star of one form or another who can be known simply by that first name. Shaquille. OJ. Michael. Et cetera. (Oops. Has anybody used that one?)

But seriously, is this not an utterly stupid thing to do? Why would you - even potentially - saddle your kid with a name that will label him/her as Black, sight unseen, for the rest of his or her life, knowing that it is likely that the name will result in negative discrimination in at least some circumstances? You might as well put a tattoo on your child's forehead saying, "My Mother is an Idiot."

Were I a Black parent, I would go to the other extreme, naming my kid with the most Wasp-ish name I could imagine ("Chatsworth Osborne Smith"), in the hope that it might open a door somewhere in the future. If you want to CALL your kid something more creative, knock yourself out. But to put "D'boneHead" on a Birth Certificate is almost criminally stupid.

Here we have another white person trying to tell blacks what to do. First off, the root cause of the problems we face are rooted in racist beliefs and behavior of whites. Blacks don't need to name our kids as whites tell us to. Whites like the OP need to stop being racists.
The root cause of the problems blacks face is that they listen to old, black leaders and idiots like you.

What they name their kids isn't the issue. It is your culture that is the issue. Change your culture to one that values success, education, family, and hard work and the black community will do just fine.

I know what the root cause is and you don't white boy. Our culture is not the problem. Yours is. And your post shows us how and why I can say that. A descendant of motherfuckers who were too lazy to work free land they were given can't say shit to me about hard work. In the same way, a motherfucker who descended from people who split up families by selling them can't tell me a damn thing about family. In addition, a descendant of people who made it a crime punishable by death for blacks to get educated, can't tell me shit about valuing education. Finally, a motherfucker who descended from people that terrorized, looted, burned down property and killed successful black people can't tell me shit about valuing success. So shut the fuck up and understand that the root cause of the problem blacks face is white racism.

Change your culture boy.

1. I don't suggest he's lying about his results. I wouldn't know what those results are. I'm suggesting he could be lying about what he did. Or even that he ever even held such a position.

Hate to bring you this crushing news but I'm not a qualified brain surgeon either. That was supposed to be an analogy. It wasn't supposed to sail over anybody's hood though.

2. I'm afraid it IS supported, unless you can show the class that X list of names are scientifically proven to have less potential than Y list of names.

3. I said nothing about being a "bad person". I noted that he's impugned his own character and possibly done others, including his own employer, a disservice, which is a matter of stating the obvious from simply reading his own posts. "Bad person" is a value judgment, which I leave to the reader, but in any case, as noted, what he allegedly did cannot be interpreted as either "successful" or "positive results" by definition.

1. Ah, correct. YOu merely suggested he lied about his practices. LOL!!!!

2. Nope. YOu are making the assumption that there can be no connection between "black names" and poor work. That is your assumption to support or not.

3. LOL!!! Silly word games noted and accepted as an admission that you are narrow minded.

4. Indeed, the stupidity of you liberals, when combined with the utter lack of self awareness of you liberals, does indeed tend to attract my attention.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

A lot of things were legal not long ago you would not dare try now. You seem to have the problem with truth and history, not me. You guys believe the first slaveowner was black and that Irish were slave also. All of these things are lies pushed by the alt-right to deny reality and excuse whites.

Correll is a whiny little racist who always complains about some imaginary racial oppression of whites that he can never prove.

Correll is a whiny little racist who always complains about some imaginary racial oppression of whites that he can never prove.

By which you mean that I rightfully call racists like you, out on your racist actions and policies and statements.

And you hate it.

You are the little person here.

1. Ah, correct. YOu merely suggested he lied about his practices. LOL!!!!

2. Nope. YOu are making the assumption that there can be no connection between "black names" and poor work. That is your assumption to support or not.

3. LOL!!! Silly word games noted and accepted as an admission that you are narrow minded.

4. Indeed, the stupidity of you liberals, when combined with the utter lack of self awareness of you liberals, does indeed tend to attract my attention.

1. I suggested that EITHER he lied about his practices, which would actually make him look less worse, OR that he didn't lie and is thereby in a worse position than if he made it all up.

2. I made no such assumption --- you did. My assumption is that among X number of applicants (he doesn't say how many), it is impossible to ass-sume that certain names do not have positive potential based on what their friggin' NAME IS. And that's not an assumption, it's a simple FACT.

3. Again on the contrary, the narrowmindedness is what I JUST POINTED OUT.

4. What attracts your attention cannot possibly be more meaningless. I simply observed what kind of position you came in to white-knight for. It speaks volumes.

Dood's got more useless whine than the Gallo brothers.

[Q

What silly Moon Bats like you call racism produced some damn good results.

Worthless dumbass ghetto Neggras would have fucked up the work we needed to do.

Stupid worthless affirmative action Neggras would have fucked up the work we needed to do.

The right thing to do was hire good people. The wrong thing would have been to succumb to filthy white guilt and hired worthless Neggras to meet some stupid diversity EOC goals.

Anyway I practiced what you pussy Moon Bats call discrimination and I am proud of it and I profited from it so if that upsets you Moon Bats then go put on your pink pussy hat and howl at the sky. I don't give a shit.

Urban blacks are not credited with much education
But they do come up with original names

The best that highly educated whites can come up with are John, James, Theresa, Mary

But that is a negative. It's a fact, that easier to say names, that are common to American culture, naturally get hired more than crazy names no one can say.

This is why you see many Asians come to the US, and change their name to something people can say.

I knew a girl whose Asian name was Weichun. Way-Choon. Her name here in the US, was "Jessica".

She had no problem landing a job and making friends in the US.

This is normal and natural.

People that come here, and try and blend in with society do better, than those who go out of their way to be counter-cultural.

And this is true of all people, not just blacks. White people that try and buck the social norms, tend to do poorly.

We have a white girl here at this company. She had long blonde hair, and came in working her butt off. She got promoted several times, lead tech, then Engineer in training and so on.

Then she cut all her hair off, got some piercings in her nose, dyed her hair black, and started dressing like a witch from a B-rated movie. The everyone who wanted her to join their team, stopped asking her to join. They even tried at one point, to put her back in the lab, but she refused to leave the engineering group.

She still doesn't seem to have any idea why her upward momentum stopped.

The same is true in call countries, and all cultures.

If I go live in japan, I'll have a harder time getting a job, if I go by the name Andrew. If I changed my name to Haruto in Japan, I would have a better chance of being hired.

Now if the black people of the US want to keep having crazy names like Trayvon, then they need to stop complaining they are not succeeding in life. This is why Asians do better economically than even white Americans, because they have as part of their mentality, to blend in with society.

Forum List

Back