"Black" Names

traffic jam backed up to......was it Brooklet Heights?

Traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights I think.

Also Brooklyn's broken out in fights.

What does it say about us that we have this all memorized? :disbelief:

Even worse --- what does it say that I just looked that up to see if I got it right? (I did)

In my defense however, I will note that I am blessed with an auralgraphic memory. When I hear a sound it imprints in every detail, so all I have to do is run it and I have the lyrics.

Unfortunately there are some sounds one can't unhear so that's the downside. If I ever hear "Video Killed the Radio Star" again I'm gonna FUCKING FLIP OUT.

Do you have a Mexican Radio?

See? That's all it takes ---- Earworm Alert

I can dig this one though.

We did have Mexican radio when I was a kid when we'd twirl the AM radio dial around after the ball game to see what was out there bouncing off the ionosphere. Our two furthest catches were XERF from Cíudad Juárez and XERL (I think) from CIudad Acuña. I believe those were John Brinkley's border thumper stations. That's where my interest in radio germinated.

Googly Maps says XERF was over 1800 miles away.

The border blasters ran so much power (XERF was a quarter million watts, XERB was 150,000) they overpowered 50kw stations 500 miles away. My uncle remembers hearing it loud and clear in Ohio.

And we had family lore about my Dad, when he was a kid in I guess the 1930s, picking up KFI from Los Angeles, at his home in Philadelphia.

Doesn't this thread sort of go against the prevailing belief of the majority of white posters here that there is ""Black Privilege"?

Afterall, none of these "noble, non racist" individuals here would discriminate against a black person who they think is black just based on their name, would they?

SMGDH
Discriminating against names doesnt come out of thin air. There is a reason people have trust issues with dudes named Malik. Is it fair? No, certainly not, but human beings are instinctually cautious, and when every mugger, car jacker, home invasion committing murderer has one of those names, it presents a pattern that one cannot ignore. People who give children these names have a long track record of terrible parenting. They frequently produce children who are problems. Its simply a fact.

That is a generalization. And quite an ignorant one.
Human beings arent perfect, yet this name thing does also have merit. To say otherwise is ignoring reality. Does everyone named Malik commit crimes? No, but even if only 1 in 3 Maliks are criminals, why play the odds?

It is likely that there are just as many "John's and Williams" that committ crimes as there are "Malik's".

Judging someone based on their name as opposed their individual character is ignorant. Period.

But some of the justifications here for that has been a great refresher on the depth of stupidity that resides in some here.

Disgusting.
Nope. I just downloaded Lucas County Booking.

2/3 are black. Shall I list the names?

Kellisha
Lamont
Alberto
Lamar
Patrick
Gunnar
Rashaun
Tazeem
Kira
Kareem
Daniel
Talease

Shall I go on?

Please do, And while you're at it,
Doesn't this thread sort of go against the prevailing belief of the majority of white posters here that there is ""Black Privilege"?

Afterall, none of these "noble, non racist" individuals here would discriminate against a black person who they think is black just based on their name, would they?

SMGDH
Discriminating against names doesnt come out of thin air. There is a reason people have trust issues with dudes named Malik. Is it fair? No, certainly not, but human beings are instinctually cautious, and when every mugger, car jacker, home invasion committing murderer has one of those names, it presents a pattern that one cannot ignore. People who give children these names have a long track record of terrible parenting. They frequently produce children who are problems. Its simply a fact.

That is a generalization. And quite an ignorant one.
Human beings arent perfect, yet this name thing does also have merit. To say otherwise is ignoring reality. Does everyone named Malik commit crimes? No, but even if only 1 in 3 Maliks are criminals, why play the odds?

It is likely that there are just as many "John's and Williams" that committ crimes as there are "Malik's".

Judging someone based on their name as opposed their individual character is ignorant. Period.

But some of the justifications here for that has been a great refresher on the depth of stupidity that resides in some here.

Disgusting.
Youre ignoring reality. Cultures earn bad reputations for a reason.

What I am acknowledging is IGNORANCE, and the justification of it.

The same kind of ignorance that prompted some of your own people to change THEIR names after immigrating here.

Pick up a history book and read.

Last edited:
"Like every. damn. one. of. yours. should be."

Poor Gracie. That affirmative action education she got doesn't allow her to see the difference between talking about, history, law, or policy and senseless racist bullshit like this thread about names. This is at least the second thread made where racists like greasy have posted racist bullshit about black peoples names.

I

It is "common knowledge" in the Black community that having a "Black" name can often lead to, for example, employment applications being discarded, and other similar forms of discrimination. Indeed, I have read some first-person accounts of white people having Black-sounding names (e.g., "Jamal") and experiencing such discrimination "unfairly"(?).

I can say for sure that happen because I did it.

Before retirement I was an Engineer. The last 20 years of my career I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people.

I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly.

I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never short listed anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it.

A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental "diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble.

My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.

I

It is "common knowledge" in the Black community that having a "Black" name can often lead to, for example, employment applications being discarded, and other similar forms of discrimination. Indeed, I have read some first-person accounts of white people having Black-sounding names (e.g., "Jamal") and experiencing such discrimination "unfairly"(?).

Before retirement I was an Engineer. The last 20 years of my career I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people.

I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly.

I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never short listed anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it.

A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental "diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble.

My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

And so we have a confession showing us how white racism impact blacks today. You were wrong 99 percent of the time and you cost your company money.

I

And so we have a confession showing us how white racism impact blacks today. You were wrong 99 percent of the time and you cost your company money.

I don't give a shit.

I was held accountable for the performance of my division and I wasn't about to let some sorry ass ghetto Negro pull us down.

I was a successful manager. One of the things that contributed to my success was being able to pick good people. It is highly unlikely that some worthless affirmative action asshole by the name of Jamal or Shqueal was going to contribute anything worthwhile.

The rest of this sorry ass country can kiss the ass of the ghetto Neggras but I ain't.

I

I don't give a shit.

I was held accountable for the performance of my division and I wasn't about to let some sorry ass ghetto Negro pull us down.

I was a successful manager. One of the things that contributed to my success was being able to pick good people. It is highly unlikely that some worthless affirmative action asshole by the name of Jamal or Shqueal was going to contribute anything worthwhile.

The rest of this sorry ass country can kiss the ass of the ghetto Neggras but I ain't.

Got newz for ya Flush. If you singled people out on the basis of what their name was, you were NOT "successful". You were a failure.

I

I don't give a shit.

Your company did not reach it's true potential because of your racism. Whites like you got your job by what you think affirmative action is. Many unqualified saltine males were hired for jobs only because their skin was pink. It is apparent you are one of them.

Anyone remember Dick Trickle? Now there's a name!

True story: there used to be (maybe still is) an engineer whose name appeared on many an elevator certificate.

His name was Dick Bagg.

Would you hire a Dick Bagg to inspect your elevator, or would you go with Otis?

I

I don't give a shit.

Your company did not reach it's true potential because of your racism. Whites like you got your job by what you think affirmative action is. Many unqualified saltine males were hired for jobs only because their skin was pink. It is apparent you are one of them.

You are confused.

Those Ghetto Neggras would have fucked up the contracts we were working on. We were successful because I didn't succumb to stupid political correctness and hire dumbass Neggras.

By the way, I wasn't the only one that went against ill advised company political correctness and did the right thing.

I am proud of my record as a Manager. Had I been one of these dumbasses that hired dumbass Neggras then I would have been less successful.

I also occasionally hired some dumbass Whites but they weren't as easy to cull out in the interview process as the Neggras with ghetto names. The red flags weren't as apparent with the Whites. Having a Ghetto Neggra name was always a red flag.

I have a comfortable retirement now. One of the things that makes my retirement comfortable is the bonus money I accumulated while working. I received good executive bonuses because I did the right thing and hired mostly good people.

Glad I did it.

I

I don't give a shit.

Got newz for ya Flush. If you singled people out on the basis of what their name was, you were NOT "successful". You were a failure.

Sorry dumbshit but I wasn't a failure. Because I did the right thing and didn't hire dumbass Neggras because of a stupid affirmative action program the contracts I managed were successful and I was reward nicely. Because of the money I made I was able to retire early and comfortably. LOL!

Kissing the ass of stupid Neggras is not a measure of success. Well maybe if you are a Democrat politician trying to get welfare queen votes but not for real Americans.

Oh, well --- They get to name their kids whatever they want. I think that's fair. It's true we're going to look for black names in the crime reports and on employment applications. But they are entitled to run that obstacle course if they like.

I

I don't give a shit.

Sorry dumbshit but I wasn't a failure. Because I did the right thing and didn't hire dumbass Neggras because of a stupid affirmative action program the contracts I managed were successful and I was reward nicely. Because of the money I made I was able to retire early and comfortably. LOL!

Kissing the ass of stupid Neggras is not a measure of success. Well maybe if you are a Democrat politician trying to get welfare queen votes but not for real Americans.

Your racism is a display of your failure.

So, the problem isn't the blatant racism and discrimination heaped upon those who don't deserve it.

The problem, according to the OP, is that their very names are seemingly upsetting racists.

That's America for ya!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Oh, well --- They get to name their kids whatever they want. I think that's fair. It's true we're going to look for black names in the crime reports and on employment applications. But they are entitled to run that obstacle course if they like.
According to the UCR, you need to look for white names.

So, the problem isn't the blatant racism and discrimination heaped upon those who don't deserve it.

The problem, according to the OP, is that their very names are seemingly upsetting racists.

That's America for ya!

The psychosis is real my brother.

Yawn! The same old dumb ass racist tale.
One I reached the position where I was allowed to hire people to work the production line in my area.

Any job applications I looked at that had a hood rat ghetto made up name went straight to the trash can by my desk. ... :thup:
Part of the problem. But no surprise there, you're a proven racist bigot.

Forum List

Back