"Black" Names

I can say for sure that happen because I did it.

Before retirement I was an Engineer. The last 20 years of my career I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people.

I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly.

I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never short listed anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it.

A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental "diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble.

My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.

And so we have a confession showing us how white racism impact blacks today. You were wrong 99 percent of the time and you cost your company money.

I don't give a shit.

I was held accountable for the performance of my division and I wasn't about to let some sorry ass ghetto Negro pull us down.

I was a successful manager. One of the things that contributed to my success was being able to pick good people. It is highly unlikely that some worthless affirmative action asshole by the name of Jamal or Shqueal was going to contribute anything worthwhile.

The rest of this sorry ass country can kiss the ass of the ghetto Neggras but I ain't.

Got newz for ya Flush. If you singled people out on the basis of what their name was, you were NOT "successful". You were a failure.

Sorry dumbshit but I wasn't a failure. Because I did the right thing and didn't hire dumbass Neggras because of a stupid affirmative action program the contracts I managed were successful and I was reward nicely. Because of the money I made I was able to retire early and comfortably. LOL!

Kissing the ass of stupid Neggras is not a measure of success. Well maybe if you are a Democrat politician trying to get welfare queen votes but not for real Americans.

Your racism is a display of your failure.

Exactly. Failure to consider people based on the content of their character. Because that would be actual work requiring intelligence, as opposed to going "Ew, that's a weird name". How gutless do you have to be to go "I'm scared of a person's name".

I have written in this space previously that much of Black "inequality" can be reasonably attributed to voluntary behaviors by individual Blacks - mainly bastardy, school drop-out tendency, and petty criminality - and I have recently come upon another one, also a total mystery to me.

It is "common knowledge" in the Black community that having a "Black" name can often lead to, for example, employment applications being discarded, and other similar forms of discrimination. Indeed, I have read some first-person accounts of white people having Black-sounding names (e.g., "Jamal") and experiencing such discrimination "unfairly"(?).

And yet, the trend toward bizarre Christian names among Blacks seems to be increasing as time goes by.

Malik. LaShonda. Trayvon. LaToya. Names with mis-placed capital letters, and apostrophes. I pity the inner-city Kindergarten teacher who must address these children in school for the first time, trying to figure out how to pronounce some of these bizarre names, and to do so without laughing. I have occasionally thought that mothers invent them in the hope that one day the child will be a mega-super-star of one form or another who can be known simply by that first name. Shaquille. OJ. Michael. Et cetera. (Oops. Has anybody used that one?)

But seriously, is this not an utterly stupid thing to do? Why would you - even potentially - saddle your kid with a name that will label him/her as Black, sight unseen, for the rest of his or her life, knowing that it is likely that the name will result in negative discrimination in at least some circumstances? You might as well put a tattoo on your child's forehead saying, "My Mother is an Idiot."

Were I a Black parent, I would go to the other extreme, naming my kid with the most Wasp-ish name I could imagine ("Chatsworth Osborne Smith"), in the hope that it might open a door somewhere in the future. If you want to CALL your kid something more creative, knock yourself out. But to put "D'boneHead" on a Birth Certificate is almost criminally stupid.

Here we have another white person trying to tell blacks what to do. First off, the root cause of the problems we face are rooted in racist beliefs and behavior of whites. Blacks don't need to name our kids as whites tell us to. Whites like the OP need to stop being racists.

Doesn't this thread sort of go against the prevailing belief of the majority of white posters here that there is ""Black Privilege"?

Afterall, none of these "noble, non racist" individuals here would discriminate against a black person who they think is black just based on their name, would they?

SMGDH
Discriminating against names doesnt come out of thin air. There is a reason people have trust issues with dudes named Malik. Is it fair? No, certainly not, but human beings are instinctually cautious, and when every mugger, car jacker, home invasion committing murderer has one of those names, it presents a pattern that one cannot ignore. People who give children these names have a long track record of terrible parenting. They frequently produce children who are problems. Its simply a fact.
Got a link?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

I can say for sure that happen because I did it.

Before retirement I was an Engineer. The last 20 years of my career I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people.

I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly.

I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never short listed anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it.

A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental "diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble.

My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.

And so we have a confession showing us how white racism impact blacks today. You were wrong 99 percent of the time and you cost your company money.

I don't give a shit.

I was held accountable for the performance of my division and I wasn't about to let some sorry ass ghetto Negro pull us down.

I was a successful manager. One of the things that contributed to my success was being able to pick good people. It is highly unlikely that some worthless affirmative action asshole by the name of Jamal or Shqueal was going to contribute anything worthwhile.

The rest of this sorry ass country can kiss the ass of the ghetto Neggras but I ain't.

Got newz for ya Flush. If you singled people out on the basis of what their name was, you were NOT "successful". You were a failure.

Sorry dumbshit but I wasn't a failure. Because I did the right thing and didn't hire dumbass Neggras because of a stupid affirmative action program the contracts I managed were successful and I was reward nicely. Because of the money I made I was able to retire early and comfortably. LOL!

Kissing the ass of stupid Neggras is not a measure of success. Well maybe if you are a Democrat politician trying to get welfare queen votes but not for real Americans.

His "racism" does not seem to have negatively impacted his results.

Indeed, he has explained his reasoning behind his actions. His results seem to validate it. YOur claim that there was some failure from it, does not seem supported by his results.

I don't give a shit.

His "racism" does not seem to have negatively impacted his results.

Indeed, he has explained his reasoning behind his actions. His results seem to validate it. YOur claim that there was some failure from it, does not seem supported by his results.

On the contrary, his results are not at all enviable. If he's lying about his practices, highly likely since this is the internet where I'm a qualified brain surgeon, then he's impugned his own character and done so voluntarily; if he's not lying, then he's impugned hos own character and done so voluntarily, PLUS he's done disservices to the applicants, AND he's cheated his employer out of immeasurable unknowable potential. There is no scenario where it's a positive thing to dump your own options just because you can't handle them.. If I caught an employee doing that he'd be out on his ass wid a quickness.

So his results, if they be real, are that he cost his employer unknown potential; if they be unreal then he's a liar.

So why are whites so intimidated by blacks choosing non traditional names?
That's a racist stereotype.

Blacks make up silly sounding names to make themselves stick out. Instead of being wallflowers they peacock.
Sounds right

They want their children to be unique rather than adopt vanilla names
Racists like that one want blacks to be seen and not heard, preferably groveling on their knees. Unfortunately for that son of a bitch, blacks are standing and walking tall like never before!

Blacks make up silly sounding names to make themselves stick out. Instead of being wallflowers they peacock.
Sounds right

.....they don't want to be like white people--who graduate and commit crimes at lower rates
MUCH lower rates

Whites commit more crime.
At exorbitant rates.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Sounds right

.....they don't want to be like white people--who graduate and commit crimes at lower rates
MUCH lower rates

Whites commit more crime.

Including, but not limited to, culling job applications on the basis of "names".

Sounds right

The very white people who persecuted them for hundreds of years

“I want my child to have a nice, white name”
..most whites IN THE SOUTH did not own slaves
most whites never had anything to do with blacks
..but if the blacks want to keep failing, that's up to them
Some whites in the South were slaves themselves.....they called them transient workers. They were eventually replaced with other folks. Democrats have been bringing slaves into the country since the party was created.
More Lost Cause Bull Shit

Democrats never brought slaves to the country. It was abolished 20 years before the Democratic Party was formed
The fact remains that it was the conservatives of the time who perpetrated racism, and continue to do so.

The talking points are the same now, as they were then.

So...who would hire someone named Imma Khunt as a spokesperson for a perfume company? How about Iwanna Fhuck as a preacher in a church?

Go ahead. Tell me a person needing to hire sees those names and refuses to hire them because they are "afraid". G'wan. Insist, so I can laugh at you.

Part of the problem. But no surprise there, you're a proven racist bigot.
I am not a racist. .. :cool:

I've hired many negro's to work for the company and we got along just fine.

But I learned from past experience a colored girl with a ghetto name usually had a hood rat attitude and a terrible work ethic.

So to avoid future aggravation, I just weeded ghetto named applicants out of the hiring process. .. :thup:

Part of the problem. But no surprise there, you're a proven racist bigot.
I am not a racist. .. :cool:

I've hired many negro's to work for the company and we got along just fine.

But I learned from past experience a colored girl with a ghetto name usually had a hood rat attitude and a terrible work ethic.

So to avoid future aggravation, I just weeded ghetto named applicants out of the hiring process. .. :thup:

You are a racist.

I have written in this space previously that much of Black "inequality" can be reasonably attributed to voluntary behaviors by individual Blacks - mainly bastardy, school drop-out tendency, and petty criminality - and I have recently come upon another one, also a total mystery to me.

It is "common knowledge" in the Black community that having a "Black" name can often lead to, for example, employment applications being discarded, and other similar forms of discrimination. Indeed, I have read some first-person accounts of white people having Black-sounding names (e.g., "Jamal") and experiencing such discrimination "unfairly"(?).

And yet, the trend toward bizarre Christian names among Blacks seems to be increasing as time goes by.

Malik. LaShonda. Trayvon. LaToya. Names with mis-placed capital letters, and apostrophes. I pity the inner-city Kindergarten teacher who must address these children in school for the first time, trying to figure out how to pronounce some of these bizarre names, and to do so without laughing. I have occasionally thought that mothers invent them in the hope that one day the child will be a mega-super-star of one form or another who can be known simply by that first name. Shaquille. OJ. Michael. Et cetera. (Oops. Has anybody used that one?)

The kind of person who isn't going hire Latoya based on her resume isn't going to hire Emily if she shows up for the interview and she's black.

So the idea should be- those people don't get to make the hiring decisions.

Congrats, you just made the case why Affirmative Action and Quotas are needed.

I'm sure that wasn't your intent.
Racists and bigots aren't quite known for being the best thinkers.

"Some whites in the South were slaves themselves.....they called them transient workers. They were eventually replaced with other folks. Democrats have been bringing slaves into the country since the party was created."

This is a lie.

"Some whites in the South were slaves themselves.....they called them transient workers. They were eventually replaced with other folks. Democrats have been bringing slaves into the country since the party was created."

This is a lie.

Simple Linear Time doesn't seem to slow them down. It's a mental illness, or it would be, except it's intentional.

Forum List

Back