Black Panthers and Gun Control

Ms. Turquoise

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2021
The politicians can create gun control laws when they want to. Back in the 1960s Gov Ronald Reagan made a law against publicly carrying guns in California. Why?
Because the Black Panthers had started openly carrying their guns. African-American people were being brutalized in their neighborhoods by police. The Panthers were seeking to discourage that with armed patrols.
I guess it scared folks to see young African-American men walking around with guns.

I guess it scared folks to see young African-American men walking around with guns.

Never scared me ...

58198112e0d971ea684066e23233645e.jpg

No different than the Jim Crow era gun law that is still on the books in NC where NC citizens have to get their local LEO to sign-off on a pistol purchase.

You would think that their DEM governor would have worked for it's repeal on is first day in office. I guess Roy Cooper still supports Jim Crow laws.

Reagan was never a crusader for the 2A, he was still better that GHWB was, and actually carried a .38 on him. He still signed one of the most egregious and despicable gun laws that exist and needs to be repealed in the GCA of 86.

It was the result of "compromise" with bed wetters, which can never be done in good faith and many in the GOP are only now discovering the extent of their malevolent agenda.

The OP is factual though, when blacks started exercising their rights, democrooks lost their minds and the media harangued the GOP into following suit, to maintain their podium as the "law and order party".

The problem being is that the BP were a communist mob and most members were probably already disqualified to carry weapons. Rather that enforce the law against a leftist victim class and get excoriated by media apparatchiks, the GOP allowed democrook pieces of shit to pass more laws that did nothing to reduce inner city violence.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back