🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Black Role Models

S.J.

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2012
So. Cal.
Why don't blacks choose guys like this for their role models?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyyHegP255g]Dr. Benjamin Carson Epic Full Speech at National Prayer Breakfast Attacks Obama's Policies! - YouTube[/ame]

He challenges the status quo...people tend to prefer that which they're familiar/comfortable with.

The problem is that guy doesnt have tats or smoke weed.

wayne-prat.jpg

I don't know what's racist about this. Dr Carson is a very well-spoken and refreshing voice from the black community. I watched all the speech and noticed Obama's body language. His excellent articulation and observations of US politics and society make him a pariah in the black and liberal communities.

It is a detriment to black America that they cannot accept truly erudite men like Carson as role models and leaders, and instead choose the very mediocre minds of Sharpton, Jackson and Obama. Again, I don't understand why that should be racist.

I don't know what's racist about this. Dr Carson is a very well-spoken and refreshing voice from the black community. I watched all the speech and noticed Obama's body language. His excellent articulation and observations of US politics and society make him a pariah in the black and liberal communities.

It is a detriment to black America that they cannot accept truly erudite men like Carson as role models and leaders, and instead choose the very mediocre minds of Sharpton, Jackson and Obama. Again, I don't understand why that should be racist.

Perhaps the initial original post is not racist in intent, but those following it are. On this site, you can't start a thread like this without the really ugly, nasty racists crawling out from under the woodwork to express their venom toward blacks. Very little chance here of this thread being anything but a compilation of racist vomit.

Perhaps the initial original post is not racist in intent, but those following it are. On this site, you can't start a thread like this without the really ugly, nasty racists crawling out from under the woodwork to express their venom toward blacks. Very little chance here of this thread being anything but a compilation of racist vomit.

I made a valid observation that applies to all people. Now change your avatar to black bears, ya fuckin' racist.:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyyHegP255g]Dr. Benjamin Carson Epic Full Speech at National Prayer Breakfast Attacks Obama's Policies! - YouTube[/ame][/

How do any of us know one way or another if some blacks have or not? Unless one claims to know all blacks.

There are some who post here that one could easily believe look at Hitler as a role model, but do we really know one way or another if they do?

Dr. Benjamin Carson Epic Full Speech at National Prayer Breakfast Attacks Obama's Policies! - YouTube[/

How do any of us know one way or another if some blacks have or not? Unless one claims to know all blacks.

There are some who post here that one could easily believe look at Hitler as a role model, but do we really know one way or another if they do?
How do we know? Wel, 95% of blacks voting for Obama most likely means that very, very few blacks would consider a man like Dr Carson a leader and not many more as a role model. While there is truth in that you cannot know all from the few, It is likely less of a stretch in the case of black America compared with any other demographic in regards to social and political views. In other words, blacks are not truly monolithic, but about as close as you can get.

Godboy's and Gallant's comments here are obviously racist, but I don't see any other comments here that are.

I can think of a dozen excellent black role models in America who inspire different people in their own different ways - even if they might not be the people I'd chose as a role model myself. Everyone from Oprah to Denzel Washington to Herman Cain to this guy here are all successful, literate and deserving of a voice.

I don't think societies have 1 or 2 role models - a role model can be a school teacher, shopkeeper or neighbour, surely?

I made a valid observation that applies to all people. Now change your avatar to black bears, ya fuckin' racist.:lol:

You people are revolting, absolutely sickening. I can't imagine, and don't want to, what it must be like to wake up every day with the ugly heart and soul of a racist and hater. What a way to live. Must be truly awful. You are already in hell and haven't even died yet.

Who said the statement is racist? I did not......but ignorant? Absolutely!

Using the election numbers to arrive at the theory that the paltry 93% of black voters which in reality represents 13% of the electorate means that they overwhelmingly voted for him just or being black, is utterly ridiculous.

And then assuming that Carson is not upon as a role model borders on intentionally misinformed ignorance.

As ar as the election goes, Obama also earned over 70% of the hispanic and Asian votes as well as over 50% of the female vote, and most importantly the majority of the young voters.

Those numbers do not reflect that he was favored by the black population just "for being black." What they prove is that his opponent ran an inferior campaign and did not connect with the masses. Romney did not present enough in terms of representing the self interest of minorities and females, and he lost.

Whites represent 72% of the electorate, and Romney got 59% of that vote, which is significantly more numerical votes than 13% of the electorate that blacks accounted for.

As far as Carson goes, he did not run for office, but he is well known and respected within his field, and just because someone posted a link here and ASSumed that very few of the black population is aware of who he is, far exceeds blatant ignorance.

Who said the statement is racist? I did not......but ignorant? Absolutely!

Using the election numbers to arrive at the theory that the paltry 93% of black voters which in reality represents 13% of the electorate means that they overwhelmingly voted for him just or being black, is utterly ridiculous.

And then assuming that Carson is not upon as a role model borders on intentionally misinformed ignorance.

As ar as the election goes, Obama also earned over 70% of the hispanic and Asian votes as well as over 50% of the female vote, and most importantly the majority of the young voters.

Those numbers do not reflect that he was favored by the black population just "for being black." What they prove is that his opponent ran an inferior campaign and did not connect with the masses. Romney did not present enough in terms of representing the self interest of minorities and females, and he lost.

Whites represent 72% of the electorate, and Romney got 59% of that vote, which is significantly more numerical votes than 13% of the electorate that blacks accounted for.

As far as Carson goes, he did not run for office, but he is well known and respected within his field, and just because someone posted a link here and ASSumed that very few of the black population is aware of who he is, far exceeds blatant ignorance.
Silly and disjointed response/rant as I've seen in a while. WTF?

How do you know that "they" don't? I think that you have a very ignorant and myopic view about "the Blacks". You judge the majority of Black people who are doing fine by the minority of Black people who are fucking up. It fits your biased paradigm in my opinion and it's must make you feel better in some way to hate "them".

Some think it is racist to judge or make an observation about a black person using the same criteria used to judge or make an observation about a white person.

But off the top of my head, if most black people in this country had adopted these as their role models, most would be prospering and succeeding on a par with people anywhere and the issue of racism would be long past us:

Clarence Thomas
Star Parker
William Raspberry
Shelby Steele
Thomas Sowell
Walter Williams
Condoleeza Rice
Angela McGlowan
J C Watts
Ward Connerly
John McWhorter
Herman Cain

There are many more that could be added.

Forum List

Back