🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Black Role Models

Some think it is racist to judge or make an observation about a black person using the same criteria used to judge or make an observation about a white person.

But off the top of my head, if most black people in this country had adopted these as their role models, most would be prospering and succeeding on a par with people anywhere and the issue of racism would be long past us:

Clarence Thomas
Star Parker
William Raspberry
Shelby Steele
Thomas Sowell
Walter Williams
Condoleeza Rice
Angela McGlowan
J C Watts
Ward Connerly
John McWhorter
Herman Cain

There are many more that could be added.

Human Beings choose role models for different reasons.

Role models: A person looked to by others as an example to be imitated

Anyone can be a role model if they have the ethics and integrity found suitable to the person looking up to them.

Segregating role models seems limiting in my opinion.

But why are white people defining for black people, black role models?

How do you know what black guys choose for their role model?

We know because well over 90% of them voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. If they were studying or embracing role models such as I listed, that would never have happened.

A political party does not equate role model.

There were many republicans who stated they were going to vote for Mitt Romney while holding their nose.

It did not mean they admired Mitt Romney it meant they were voting for that party over the other.

Look at the popularity of black charlatans compared to legitimate black people.

There were many republicans who stated they were going to vote for Mitt Romney while holding their nose.

It did not mean they admired Mitt Romney it meant they were voting for that party over the other.

:cool:

Why don't blacks choose guys like this for their role models?

Dr. Benjamin Carson Epic Full Speech at National Prayer Breakfast Attacks Obama's Policies! - YouTube[/

How do any of us know one way or another if some blacks have or not? Unless one claims to know all blacks.

There are some who post here that one could easily believe look at Hitler as a role model, but do we really know one way or another if they do?
How do we know? Wel, 95% of blacks voting for Obama most likely means that very, very few blacks would consider a man like Dr Carson a leader and not many more as a role model. While there is truth in that you cannot know all from the few, It is likely less of a stretch in the case of black America compared with any other demographic in regards to social and political views. In other words, blacks are not truly monolithic, but about as close as you can get.

You don't think that some if not many Black people like Corey Booker? How about Tony Brown or Colin Powell? How about the Tuskegee Airmen? How about Milton L. Olive? You people have a really fucked up view about the majority of Black Americans. You are like the racists who hat "the Blacks" but like Michael Jordon. :lol:

We know because well over 90% of them voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. If they were studying or embracing role models such as I listed, that would never have happened.

Mitt Romney was not a role model for anybody who didn't know him personally. Partisanship and role models are two different things. I voted for Mitt Romney because I saw him as having a shot fo turn the economy around and I knew Obama well enough by now to know that he wouldn't.

A role model is somebody you admire, somebody who inspires you, who gives you personal encouragement, somebody who teaches you in positive ways, somebody you wish to emulate. I voted for Mitt Romney but did not look to him for any of those things.

I could add just as many white people, Asians, Native Americans and Hispanics to that list as the individuals listed. But those individuals listed, who happen to all be black, are people who I have read extensively or listened to extensively and who I do consider role models for myself.

Most of the Left however, denigrates all those people as unworthy and bad influences or stupid and that usually includes some racial slurs along the way. And in the final analysis, I can't believe that the vast majority of black people in this country would have voted so overwhelmingly for Obama if they were embracing role models of the caliber of the people on my list.

Last edited:
Perhaps the initial original post is not racist in intent, but those following it are. On this site, you can't start a thread like this without the really ugly, nasty racists crawling out from under the woodwork to express their venom toward blacks. Very little chance here of this thread being anything but a compilation of racist vomit.

I made a valid observation that applies to all people. Now change your avatar to black bears, ya fuckin' racist.:lol:

You people are revolting, absolutely sickening. I can't imagine, and don't want to, what it must be like to wake up every day with the ugly heart and soul of a racist and hater. What a way to live. Must be truly awful. You are already in hell and haven't even died yet.

Pointing and laughing at the hysterical drama queen.:lol: I'm going to enjoy fucking with your delicate sensibilities.:D

Davis. Seale. Newton.

Most young blacks can't match me. :)

I watch and witness daily idiotic young blacks and hey its not their fault but they don't know jack shit about the struggle

Any one want to differ?

Godboy's and Gallant's comments here are obviously racist, but I don't see any other comments here that are.

I can think of a dozen excellent black role models in America who inspire different people in their own different ways - even if they might not be the people I'd chose as a role model myself. Everyone from Oprah to Denzel Washington to Herman Cain to this guy here are all successful, literate and deserving of a voice.

I don't think societies have 1 or 2 role models - a role model can be a school teacher, shopkeeper or neighbour, surely?

My comments are racist? I posted pictures of rapper role models and suggested the guy in the video isnt like them, therefore he gets no respect. Is this thread not about the fact that black kids prefer rappers and NBA stars over acedemic types? Is this thread about not about improper role models?

Whats racist about my post? Whats racist about telling the truth? You dont like the truth? Tough shit, dont take it out on me.

Mitt Romney was not a role model for anybody who didn't know him personally. Partisanship and role models are two different things. I voted for Mitt Romney because I saw him as having a shot fo turn the economy around and I knew Obama well enough by now to know that he wouldn't.

A role model is somebody you admire, somebody who inspires you, who gives you personal encouragement, somebody who teaches you in positive ways, somebody you wish to emulate. I voted for Mitt Romney but did not look to him for any of those things.

I could add just as many white people, Asians, Native Americans and Hispanics to that list as the individuals listed. But those individuals listed, who happen to all be black, are people who I have read extensively or listened to extensively and who I do consider role models for myself.

Most of the Left however, denigrates all those people as unworthy and bad influences or stupid and that usually includes some racial slurs along the way. And in the final analysis, I can't believe that the vast majority of black people in this country would have voted so overwhelmingly for Obama if they were embracing role models of the caliber of the people on my list.

So just to clarify, what you are saying is that in your opinion, Republicans will vote for their party representative even if they don't view the person as a role model.

But Democrats will vote for a person simply because they are their personal role model?

There are two things here: One is republican versus Democrat ( which I am inclined to exit out of the conversation because I prefer to talk about issues without parties)

Second: Blacks ( I am not sure if the implication and I don't mean from you personally, I mean from the original thread topic is that blacks only vote for democrats, or prior to Obama Blacks never voted) :dunno: If blacks voted prior to Obama, for example Bush versus Clinton who was their role model, (assuming blacks only vote for role models)

Did any black people vote for Romney, Or a 3rd party Candidate?

Are white people the authority on what the black people do, or are human beings no matter what race and no matter what political party just bias to their own socially constructed opinions?

Is it race or social structure and class divisions that decide what influences a voter?

Last edited:

So just to clarify, what you are saying is that in your opinion, Republicans will vote for their party representative even if they don't view the person as a role model.

But Democrats will vote for a person simply because they are their personal role model?

There are two things here: One is republican versus Democrat ( which I am inclined to exit out of the conversation because I prefer to talk about issues without parties)

Second: Blacks ( I am not sure if the implication and I don't mean from you personally, I mean from the original thread topic is that blacks only vote for democrats, or prior to Obama Blacks never voted) :dunno: If blacks voted prior to Obama, for example Bush versus Clinton who was their role model, (assuming blacks only vote for role models)

Are white people the authority on what the black people do, or are human beings no matter what race and no matter what political party just bias to their own socially constructed opinions?

Is it race or social structure and class divisions that decide what influences a voter?

No, I didn't mention Republicans or Democrats. I did say that partisanship and role models are two separate things.

However, I think Republicans mostly--mostly is not the same thing as all--voted for Romney because he represented values and promoted policies that they shared more than they shared with Obama.

It is my informed opinion that most black people voted for Obama because he was black and the Democxrat and they didn't care what his values or policies are.

If Herman Cain had won the GOP nomination, would they have voted for him in similar numbers? No way in hell. Why? Because THEIR role models--sports figures, movie and television personalities, rappers, etc.--ridicule and denigrate and belittle and accuse and do everything in their power to diminish the black person who dares to stray off the 'black' plantation, who is too 'white', who doesn't talk the right language, who doesn't promote the same racism, victimization, and appearance of injustice, who doesn't promote favoritism for black people, and most importantly, who doesn't promise a lot of free stuff courtesy of the government.

However, if most people who happen to be black had chosen to admire the people on my list, they would have received a much different message, a much different concept. And as a result, I think they would not have voted for Barack Obama just because he was black and the Democrat.

And the only reason I am focusing on black people here is because this is in the racism forum and the OP was focused on that particular demographic.

As Dr. Carlson said, we need to ditch political correctness and be able to talk about stuff without everybody getting all shocked and indignant and in a tizzy because it is being discussed.

No, I didn't mention Republicans or Democrats. I did say that partisanship and role models are two separate things.

However, I think Republicans mostly--mostly is not the same thing as all--voted for Romney because he represented values and promoted policies that they shared more than they shared with Obama.

It is my informed opinion that most black people voted for Obama because he was black and the Democxrat and they didn't care what his values or policies are.

If Herman Cain had won the GOP nomination, would they have voted for him in similar numbers? No way in hell. Why? Because THEIR role models--sports figures, movie and television personalities, rappers, etc.--ridicule and denigrate and belittle and accuse and do everything in their power to diminish the black person who dares to stray off the 'black' plantation, who is too 'white', who doesn't talk the right language, who doesn't promote the same racism, victimization, and appearance of injustice, who doesn't promote favoritism for black people, and most importantly, who doesn't promise a lot of free stuff courtesy of the government.

However, if most people who happen to be black had chosen to admire the people on my list, they would have received a much different message, a much different concept. And as a result, I think they would not have voted for Barack Obama just because he was black and the Democrat.

And the only reason I am focusing on black people here is because this is in the racism forum and the OP was focused on that particular demographic.

As Dr. Carlson said, we need to ditch political correctness and be able to talk about stuff without everybody getting all shocked and indignant and in a tizzy because it is being discussed.

It couldn't have been that blacks voted against Romney because he was inimical to their interests...you've decided it had to be because Obama is half black. Even tho' Romney's stated policies are inimical to their interests and he knew it himself. Thus the 47% gaffe.

And you've decided that since the black celebrities you've listed are role models for you, they should be role models for all blacks.

Treating blacks as equivalent to children that need things decided for them is plantation mentality. Examine yourself.

Regards from Rosie

I appreciate your candor.

I don't agree with your opinion, and I have already stated my opinion previously so no need to repeat it and go around in circles.

But I do applaud your civility in the discussion, it's rare to have a conversation with someone online and have strong opposing opinions but still be civil and polite.

Thank you for that. :cool:

It couldn't have been that blacks voted against Romney because he was inimical to their interests...you've decided it had to be because Obama is half black. Even tho' Romney's stated policies are inimical to their interests and he knew it himself. Thus the 47% gaffe.

And you've decided that since the black celebrities you've listed are role models for you, they should be role models for all blacks.

Treating blacks as equivalent to children that need things decided for them is plantation mentality. Examine yourself.

Regards from Rosie

Based on what you read in my post and reported back to me, could I suggest a good remedial reading course?

Forum List

Back