🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Black Role Models

Godboy's and Gallant's comments here are obviously racist, but I don't see any other comments here that are.

I can think of a dozen excellent black role models in America who inspire different people in their own different ways - even if they might not be the people I'd chose as a role model myself. Everyone from Oprah to Denzel Washington to Herman Cain to this guy here are all successful, literate and deserving of a voice.

I don't think societies have 1 or 2 role models - a role model can be a school teacher, shopkeeper or neighbour, surely?

My comments are racist? I posted pictures of rapper role models and suggested the guy in the video isnt like them, therefore he gets no respect. Is this thread not about the fact that black kids prefer rappers and NBA stars over acedemic types? Is this thread about not about improper role models?

Whats racist about my post? Whats racist about telling the truth? You dont like the truth? Tough shit, dont take it out on me.

I guess I've been labeled as a racist too, for the same reasons. Posting photos of the typical gangsta is racist, regardless of the fact that those are images of cultural lifestyles that are popularized and pushed as favorable role models for young blacks. Instead, Dr. Carson and men and women like him are vilified and called degrading racist epithets like "Uncle Sam", "Oreo", "Aunt Suzy", etc because they have chosen to be the type of leaders that young people (of all races) should be encouraged to emulate.
You are known by the company you keep.

A political party does not equate role model.

There were many republicans who stated they were going to vote for Mitt Romney while holding their nose.

It did not mean they admired Mitt Romney it meant they were voting for that party over the other.

Mitt Romney was not a role model for anybody who didn't know him personally. Partisanship and role models are two different things. I voted for Mitt Romney because I saw him as having a shot fo turn the economy around and I knew Obama well enough by now to know that he wouldn't.

A role model is somebody you admire, somebody who inspires you, who gives you personal encouragement, somebody who teaches you in positive ways, somebody you wish to emulate. I voted for Mitt Romney but did not look to him for any of those things.

I could add just as many white people, Asians, Native Americans and Hispanics to that list as the individuals listed. But those individuals listed, who happen to all be black, are people who I have read extensively or listened to extensively and who I do consider role models for myself.

Most of the Left however, denigrates all those people as unworthy and bad influences or stupid and that usually includes some racial slurs along the way. And in the final analysis, I can't believe that the vast majority of black people in this country would have voted so overwhelmingly for Obama if they were embracing role models of the caliber of the people on my list.

So just to clarify, what you are saying is that in your opinion, Republicans will vote for their party representative even if they don't view the person as a role model.

But Democrats will vote for a person simply because they are their personal role model?

There are two things here: One is republican versus Democrat ( which I am inclined to exit out of the conversation because I prefer to talk about issues without parties)

Second: Blacks ( I am not sure if the implication and I don't mean from you personally, I mean from the original thread topic is that blacks only vote for democrats, or prior to Obama Blacks never voted) :dunno: If blacks voted prior to Obama, for example Bush versus Clinton who was their role model, (assuming blacks only vote for role models)

Did any black people vote for Romney, Or a 3rd party Candidate?

Are white people the authority on what the black people do, or are human beings no matter what race and no matter what political party just bias to their own socially constructed opinions?

Is it race or social structure and class divisions that decide what influences a voter?

Do you deny that obama was sold to the black community specifically because he's (half) black? Or that the overwhelming response of many blacks was to vote for obama specifically because he is (half) black...like them?

So just to clarify, what you are saying is that in your opinion, Republicans will vote for their party representative even if they don't view the person as a role model.

But Democrats will vote for a person simply because they are their personal role model?

There are two things here: One is republican versus Democrat ( which I am inclined to exit out of the conversation because I prefer to talk about issues without parties)

Second: Blacks ( I am not sure if the implication and I don't mean from you personally, I mean from the original thread topic is that blacks only vote for democrats, or prior to Obama Blacks never voted) :dunno: If blacks voted prior to Obama, for example Bush versus Clinton who was their role model, (assuming blacks only vote for role models)

Are white people the authority on what the black people do, or are human beings no matter what race and no matter what political party just bias to their own socially constructed opinions?

Is it race or social structure and class divisions that decide what influences a voter?

No, I didn't mention Republicans or Democrats. I did say that partisanship and role models are two separate things.

However, I think Republicans mostly--mostly is not the same thing as all--voted for Romney because he represented values and promoted policies that they shared more than they shared with Obama.

It is my informed opinion that most black people voted for Obama because he was black and the Democxrat and they didn't care what his values or policies are.

If Herman Cain had won the GOP nomination, would they have voted for him in similar numbers? No way in hell. Why? Because THEIR role models--sports figures, movie and television personalities, rappers, etc.--ridicule and denigrate and belittle and accuse and do everything in their power to diminish the black person who dares to stray off the 'black' plantation, who is too 'white', who doesn't talk the right language, who doesn't promote the same racism, victimization, and appearance of injustice, who doesn't promote favoritism for black people, and most importantly, who doesn't promise a lot of free stuff courtesy of the government.

However, if most people who happen to be black had chosen to admire the people on my list, they would have received a much different message, a much different concept. And as a result, I think they would not have voted for Barack Obama just because he was black and the Democrat.

And the only reason I am focusing on black people here is because this is in the racism forum and the OP was focused on that particular demographic.

As Dr. Carlson said, we need to ditch political correctness and be able to talk about stuff without everybody getting all shocked and indignant and in a tizzy because it is being discussed.

It couldn't have been that blacks voted against Romney because he was inimical to their interests...you've decided it had to be because Obama is half black. Even tho' Romney's stated policies are inimical to their interests and he knew it himself. Thus the 47% gaffe.

And you've decided that since the black celebrities you've listed are role models for you, they should be role models for all blacks.

Treating blacks as equivalent to children that need things decided for them is plantation mentality. Examine yourself.

Regards from Rosie

You confuse Romney's policies and the tremendously negative and disingenuous spin that the media used to distort Romney's campaign. And the plantation dwellers more than willing swilled that slop without so much as an eye blink, primarily because so many of them expect to be treated like children. Feed me, clothe me, house me...work? Not me, just give me my obamaphone...NOW!

No, I didn't mention Republicans or Democrats. I did say that partisanship and role models are two separate things.

However, I think Republicans mostly--mostly is not the same thing as all--voted for Romney because he represented values and promoted policies that they shared more than they shared with Obama.

It is my informed opinion that most black people voted for Obama because he was black and the Democxrat and they didn't care what his values or policies are.

If Herman Cain had won the GOP nomination, would they have voted for him in similar numbers? No way in hell. Why? Because THEIR role models--sports figures, movie and television personalities, rappers, etc.--ridicule and denigrate and belittle and accuse and do everything in their power to diminish the black person who dares to stray off the 'black' plantation, who is too 'white', who doesn't talk the right language, who doesn't promote the same racism, victimization, and appearance of injustice, who doesn't promote favoritism for black people, and most importantly, who doesn't promise a lot of free stuff courtesy of the government.

However, if most people who happen to be black had chosen to admire the people on my list, they would have received a much different message, a much different concept. And as a result, I think they would not have voted for Barack Obama just because he was black and the Democrat.

And the only reason I am focusing on black people here is because this is in the racism forum and the OP was focused on that particular demographic.

As Dr. Carlson said, we need to ditch political correctness and be able to talk about stuff without everybody getting all shocked and indignant and in a tizzy because it is being discussed.

I appreciate your candor.

I don't agree with your opinion, and I have already stated my opinion previously so no need to repeat it and go around in circles.

But I do applaud your civility in the discussion, it's rare to have a conversation with someone online and have strong opposing opinions but still be civil and polite.

Thank you for that. :cool:

You're most welcome. And in fairness to your point of view, the record indicates much more partisanship than race as a factor in all elections since FDR, but based both on voter turnout and the percentage of vote, you cannot rule out race as a factor among black voters in 2008 and 2012.

1980 - Reagan got 14% of the black vote. By 1984 that had dropped to 9%.

In 1988 - Bush 41 got 11% of the black vote.

In 1992 - Clinton got 83% of the black vote and 84% in 1996.

In 2000 - Bush 43 got 9% of the black vote and 11% in 2004.

In 2008 - Obama got 95% of the black vote that equated to 25% of the total Obama vote as black people turned out to vote in unprecedented numbers. McCain got 4%.

In 2012 - Obama got 93% of the black vote and Romney got 6%.

All numbers come from this site:

Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 1992 Presidential Election

Last edited:

I appreciate your candor.

I don't agree with your opinion, and I have already stated my opinion previously so no need to repeat it and go around in circles.

But I do applaud your civility in the discussion, it's rare to have a conversation with someone online and have strong opposing opinions but still be civil and polite.

Thank you for that. :cool:

You're most welcome. And in fairness to your point of view, the record indicates much more partisanship than race as a factor in all elections since FDR, but based both on voter turnout and the percentage of vote, you cannot rule out race as a factor among black voters in 2008 and 2012.

1980 - Reagan got 14% of the black vote. By 1984 that had dropped to 9%.

In 1988 - Bush 41 got 11% of the black vote.

In 1992 - Clinton got 83% of the black vote and 84% in 1996.

In 2000 - Bush 43 got 9% of the black vote and 11% in 2004.

In 2008 - Obama got 95% of the black vote that equated to 25% of the total Obama vote as black people turned out to vote in unprecedented numbers. McCain got 4%.

In 2012 - Obama got 93% of the black vote and Romney got 6%.

All numbers come from this site:

Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 1992 Presidential Election

Thank you for that :cool:

I think that the division between parties breaks down to socio economics and demographics and that as a result of that race and gender respond accordingly.

When we talk about what has happened and how things evolved because of it we can see each others point of view whether we agree or not.

Sometimes a person will point something out I had not thought of and when the dialogue is civil I am able to consider it without feeling defensive.

This is just a thought I had to the original post and the person who posted it:

When Bush & Gore were running for Election or any other previous candidates Republican/Democrat, were you concerned with who the black population voted for and who was the main role model for the black population then ?

Do you see role models as being segregated within ones own race or gender or ones own political party?

For you does everything break down into racial categories or racial barriers or is there something deeper then that going on beneath that surface?

These are questions that came to my mind.

Mitt Romney was not a role model for anybody who didn't know him personally. Partisanship and role models are two different things. I voted for Mitt Romney because I saw him as having a shot fo turn the economy around and I knew Obama well enough by now to know that he wouldn't.

A role model is somebody you admire, somebody who inspires you, who gives you personal encouragement, somebody who teaches you in positive ways, somebody you wish to emulate. I voted for Mitt Romney but did not look to him for any of those things.

I could add just as many white people, Asians, Native Americans and Hispanics to that list as the individuals listed. But those individuals listed, who happen to all be black, are people who I have read extensively or listened to extensively and who I do consider role models for myself.

Most of the Left however, denigrates all those people as unworthy and bad influences or stupid and that usually includes some racial slurs along the way. And in the final analysis, I can't believe that the vast majority of black people in this country would have voted so overwhelmingly for Obama if they were embracing role models of the caliber of the people on my list.

Do you deny that obama was sold to the black community specifically because he's (half) black? Or that the overwhelming response of many blacks was to vote for obama specifically because he is (half) black...like them?

Absolutely yes, I for one do. And I speak for myself and the large number of black people within my own circle. Business associates, family, personal friends and casual acquaintences counted. Most of them aged 45 or over, all gainfully employed homeowners and the majority college graduates.

Which in all probability vastly outnumbers how many blacks that those posting
these ridiculous notions actually are acquainted with on a personal basis.

I base my answer on who I KNOW and how they articulate their support of the candidates that they believe in.
What about you parrots?

Next. For some of these " black obsessed" nuts, do any of you have an original thought as to WHY President Obama captured over 70% of the hispanic and Asian vote?

I would think that you would be MUCH more concerned with that statistic as opposed to being so outraged over such a small segment of the electorate population that you obviously detest.

Last edited:

Absolutely yes, I for one do. And I speak for myself and the large number of black people within my own circle. Business associates, family, personal friends and casual acquaintences counted. Most of them aged 45 or over, all gainfully employed homeowners and the majority college graduates.

I base my answer on who I KNOW and how they articulate their support of the candidates that they believe in.
What about you parrots?

Next. For some of these " black obsessed" nuts, do any of you have an original thought as to WHY President Obama captured over 70% of the hispanic and Asian vote?

I would think that you would be MUCH more concerned with that statistic as opposed to being so outraged over such a small segment of the electorate population that you obviously detest.

I'd be interested in what you have to say about this (see bolded passage)

I don't know what's racist about this. Dr Carson is a very well-spoken and refreshing voice from the black community. I watched all the speech and noticed Obama's body language. His excellent articulation and observations of US politics and society make him a pariah in the black and liberal communities.

It is a detriment to black America that they cannot accept truly erudite men like Carson as role models and leaders, and instead choose the very mediocre minds of Sharpton, Jackson and Obama. Again, I don't understand why that should be racist.

Who said the statement is racist? I did not......but ignorant? Absolutely!

Using the election numbers to arrive at the theory that the paltry 93% of black voters which in reality represents 13% of the electorate means that they overwhelmingly voted for him just or being black, is utterly ridiculous.

And then assuming that Carson is not upon as a role model borders on intentionally misinformed ignorance.

As ar as the election goes, Obama also earned over 70% of the hispanic and Asian votes as well as over 50% of the female vote, and most importantly the majority of the young voters.

Those numbers do not reflect that he was favored by the black population just "for being black." What they prove is that his opponent ran an inferior campaign and did not connect with the masses. Romney did not present enough in terms of representing the self interest of minorities and females, and he lost.

Whites represent 72% of the electorate, and Romney got 59% of that vote, which is significantly more numerical votes than 13% of the electorate that blacks accounted for.

As far as Carson goes, he did not run for office, but he is well known and respected within his field, and just because someone posted a link here and ASSumed that very few of the black population is aware of who he is, far exceeds blatant ignorance.
Silly and disjointed response/rant as I've seen in a while. WTF?

Then dispute the electorate percentages, if you can. It is you and some other self proclaimed "black sociology" expert who laughingly tried to draw a paralellel between "who the black population embraces as role models" and who won the last election and how they won it.

WTF? is right.

That is about as silly and disjointed as it gets to the average rationally intact individual.

What about you parrots?

He also got over 70% of the Jewish vote as well. He also received a majority of the Indian (from India) vote. :)

What about you parrots?

He also got over 70% of the Jewish vote as well. He also received a majority of the Indian (from India) vote. :)

Ya think the Republican Party platform had anything to do with that? Nah....none of the righties have mentioned that....it is only Obama is half black. Just that. Nothing else. Ever.

And never, too.

Regards from Rosie

What about you parrots?

Ya think the Republican Party platform had anything to do with that? Nah....none of the righties have mentioned that....it is only Obama is half black. Just that. Nothing else. Ever.

And never, too.

Regards from Rosie

Amazingly they haven't considered it might have something to do with the condescending and hateful attitudes shown minorities by republicans as evidenced by the replies in this thread.

And never, too.

Regards from Rosie

Amazingly they haven't considered it might have something to do with the condescending and hateful attitudes shown minorities by republicans as evidenced by the replies in this thread.

Nah. It is Obama is half black. Nothing else. Repeat ad nauseum.

Regards from Rosie

What about you parrots?

He most certainly did. I guess all of those "other" Obama voters are "incapable" of "individual thought" as well? The next thing we will be reading is that it was a conspiracy.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Democrats convinced many that Romney would take away their food stamps so they might have to work. They were decidedly unimpressed with the idea of creating jobs.

Last edited:
Godboy's and Gallant's comments here are obviously racist, but I don't see any other comments here that are.

I can think of a dozen excellent black role models in America who inspire different people in their own different ways - even if they might not be the people I'd chose as a role model myself. Everyone from Oprah to Denzel Washington to Herman Cain to this guy here are all successful, literate and deserving of a voice.

I don't think societies have 1 or 2 role models - a role model can be a school teacher, shopkeeper or neighbour, surely?

My comments are racist? I posted pictures of rapper role models and suggested the guy in the video isnt like them, therefore he gets no respect. Is this thread not about the fact that black kids prefer rappers and NBA stars over acedemic types? Is this thread about not about improper role models?

Your comments are that of a misinformed, ignorant individual, not necessarily racist.

Of course there are black kids who idolize rappers and NBA players....just as there are white kids who idolize punk rock bands and NASCAR drivers.

And there are also black kids who idolize a favorite teacher, a relative who is in the military,or even the minister of their church.

I happen to know some who do.

Not all black kids are ,NBA and rapper obsessed.
Now do you get it?

Whats racist about my post? Whats racist about telling the truth? You dont like the truth? Tough shit, dont take it out on me.

You probably do not PERSONALLY know many black kids, that makes your "truth" an opinion, and not a fact.

Last edited:
Godboy -

Of course some black kids idolise rap singers, gang culture and basketball. Some black people also like fried chicken, watermelon and grits.

You see where I'm heading with this?

I don't see it is any better to role out negative steretypes of black people than it is to talk about those greedy Jews with their big noses and jewelry stores.

Perhaps the initial original post is not racist in intent, but those following it are. On this site, you can't start a thread like this without the really ugly, nasty racists crawling out from under the woodwork to express their venom toward blacks. Very little chance here of this thread being anything but a compilation of racist vomit.

I made a valid observation that applies to all people. Now change your avatar to black bears, ya fuckin' racist.:lol:

You people are revolting, absolutely sickening. I can't imagine, and don't want to, what it must be like to wake up every day with the ugly heart and soul of a racist and hater. What a way to live. Must be truly awful. You are already in hell and haven't even died yet.

Waaaaaa, get a sense of humor.....call me a cracker if it will help.

How do we know? Wel, 95% of blacks voting for Obama most likely means that very, very few blacks would consider a man like Dr Carson a leader and not many more as a role model. While there is truth in that you cannot know all from the few, It is likely less of a stretch in the case of black America compared with any other demographic in regards to social and political views. In other words, blacks are not truly monolithic, but about as close as you can get.

You don't think that some if not many Black people like Corey Booker? How about Tony Brown or Colin Powell? How about the Tuskegee Airmen? How about Milton L. Olive? You people have a really fucked up view about the majority of Black Americans. You are like the racists who hat "the Blacks" but like Michael Jordon. :lol:

I am still trying to figure out what who one votes for has to do with who their role models are.

Voters had TWO choices.

The number of role models that one could embrace are practically too numerous to list.

Unbelievable.
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

How do we know? Wel, 95% of blacks voting for Obama most likely means that very, very few blacks would consider a man like Dr Carson a leader and not many more as a role model. While there is truth in that you cannot know all from the few, It is likely less of a stretch in the case of black America compared with any other demographic in regards to social and political views. In other words, blacks are not truly monolithic, but about as close as you can get.

You don't think that some if not many Black people like Corey Booker? How about Tony Brown or Colin Powell? How about the Tuskegee Airmen? How about Milton L. Olive? You people have a really fucked up view about the majority of Black Americans. You are like the racists who hat "the Blacks" but like Michael Jordon. :lol:
I don't know who's quoting who here. I don't write as badly as Phoenix, who is apparently incapable of spelling his name, even when I dead drunk.

Katsteve, on the other hand is incapable of the clear thought expressed in the post above on the best of his days.

Forum List

Back