Blacks drown at 5 times the rate of white people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something a lot on both sides of this thread have forgotten to mention is that, on average, Blacks have much denser bones that White people, rendering them less buoyant. It is also a cultural thing. We spent our honeymoon in the Bahamas, and almost every other river and beach we passed had Black kids playing and swimming in the water, unaided. And I think we only saw one basketball hoop. Most Black Kids in the Caribbean play cricket.

I'm sure blacks like water, Politico. Although, from a cultural, not to mention psychological perspective, reluctance to enter the water may have something to do with what lurks beneath. Perhaps I'm going beyond the realms of probability here, but where Blacks are highly concentrated: Sub Saharan Africa, South Eastern United States, the Caribbean and parts of South America, there are a lot of dangerous creatures beneath the surface. This isn't the case in Europe.

However, perhaps swimming falls into the same categories as hunting, hiking and camping in N. America, in that Blacks don't have much interest in it?

I'm sure blacks like water, Politico. Although, from a cultural, not to mention psychological perspective, reluctance to enter the water may have something to do with what lurks beneath. Perhaps I'm going beyond the realms of probability here, but where Blacks are highly concentrated: Sub Saharan Africa, South Eastern United States, the Caribbean and parts of South America, there are a lot of dangerous creatures beneath the surface. This isn't the case in Europe.

However, perhaps swimming falls into the same categories as hunting, hiking and camping in N. America, in that Blacks don't have much interest in it?

Thats actually an interesting observation. Sort of a genetic memory? I also do a lot of hiking and camping. However, I bring my little friend with me because the backwoods tends to be meeting places for the people with the bunker mentality.

Somehow this will be blamed on white people. Part of their giant conspiracy to hurt blacks.

Only pools iin my area are private pools/private clubs that blacks either cannot afford and/or are seldom invited to join other than the Y, and even that costs money. Blacks are still, for the most part, fairly poor compared to whites as groups.

black-swim-3.jpg

I do believe that American negro's still have a subconscious genetic memory from their living in Africa since before the stone age.

Because in most rivers and large bodies of water in Africa are infested with crocodiles and other dangerous animals.

So an aversion of swimming is deeply embedded within their DNA. .. :cool:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and blame it on parenting. White kids generally go to a swimming pool with their mothers, who are constantly looking out for them. When they are older and know how to swim this is less prevalent, but when they are likely to get in trouble in a swimming pool, it is invariably with their mothers close at hand.

Black kids go to swimming pools in groups of friends, with few parents along, and essentially no parental supervision.

Also, white kids are more likely to attend schools that have swimming pools, swimming classes, and swim teams. Inner city schools have less of all of these.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and blame it on parenting. White kids generally go to a swimming pool with their mothers, who are constantly looking out for them. When they are older and know how to swim this is less prevalent, but when they are likely to get in trouble in a swimming pool, it is invariably with their mothers close at hand.

Black kids go to swimming pools in groups of friends, with few parents along, and essentially no parental supervision.

Also, white kids are more likely to attend schools that have swimming pools, swimming classes, and swim teams. Inner city schools have less of all of these.

We never had or visited a swimming pool growing up, we did have lakes, bayous, creeks and rivers and rice canals.

I do believe that American negro's still have a subconscious genetic memory from their living in Africa since before the stone age.

Because in most rivers and large bodies of water in Africa are infested with crocodiles and other dangerous animals.

So an aversion of swimming is deeply embedded within their DNA. .. :cool:

No racist that's not it. Not that you care what the reasons actually are.

No cogent human would ever say (or believe) that "Blacks can't swim."

But there are cultural reasons why fewer (by percentage) Blacks are regular recreational swimmers than "whites," and the question remains: why are they more likely to drown than "white" kids?

Are there any physiological reasons? Blacks being slightly less bouyant (due to more lean tissue)? Who knows?

But you can't even have a fucking discussion if every attempt to explain the difference results in being called a "racist."

As long as Black people are Olympic level swimmers no one can say black people can't swim.

More than likely the reason why so many black people can't swim is the same reason I can't swim. They were raised in cities with few public pools and those pools are so crowded there is no room to swim.

No cogent human would ever say (or believe) that "Blacks can't swim."

But there are cultural reasons why fewer (by percentage) Blacks are regular recreational swimmers than "whites," and the question remains: why are they more likely to drown than "white" kids?

Are there any physiological reasons? Blacks being slightly less bouyant (due to more lean tissue)? Who knows?

But you can't even have a fucking discussion if every attempt to explain the difference results in being called a "racist."

You are making it way too difficult or you are racist. Why are white people so bad at rapping? Is there something different about their brains and mouths? Does that sound racist to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back