🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Blacks drown at 5 times the rate of white people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you exactly why it's the fault of white people: Swimming pools have always been the hangouts of white people, and in the south (during the activist civil right era) blacks were even attacked for entering swimming pools which were considered to be white domain.

About the only place black people feel comfortable swimming along with whites is in the ocean. Therefore they do not become good swimmers and the water holds no attraction for them.

You might say that was a couple of generations back, but parents are the driving force for their children to learn to swim, and without strong swimmers among the generation of the sixties and seventies there wouldn't be strong swimmers among the generations of the eighties and nineties, etc.

When I used to swim in public pools - at least here in Indiana - I thought it was remarkable that there were few to none black people there; and I thought this can't be good because there will be few of their kids learning to swim.

All of that is irrelevant.

As a parent, you make sure your kid has the skills to survive.

That includes swimming lessons. Trust me, I didn't take my kids to swimming lessons because I liked hanging out at the pool with other white moms. I took them because I didn't want them to drown.

These people don't think they have any responsibility for anything, including the safety of their own children. And the morons in this thread are arguing that that's A-Ok.

I can tell you exactly why it's the fault of white people: Swimming pools have always been the hangouts of white people, and in the south (during the activist civil right era) blacks were even attacked for entering swimming pools which were considered to be white domain.

About the only place black people feel comfortable swimming along with whites is in the ocean. Therefore they do not become good swimmers and the water holds no attraction for them.

You might say that was a couple of generations back, but parents are the driving force for their children to learn to swim, and without strong swimmers among the generation of the sixties and seventies there wouldn't be strong swimmers among the generations of the eighties and nineties, etc.

When I used to swim in public pools - at least here in Indiana - I thought it was remarkable that there were few to none black people there; and I thought this can't be good because there will be few of their kids learning to swim.

All of that is irrelevant.

As a parent, you make sure your kid has the skills to survive.

That includes swimming lessons. Trust me, I didn't take my kids to swimming lessons because I liked hanging out at the pool with other white moms. I took them because I didn't want them to drown.

These people don't think they have any responsibility for anything, including the safety of their own children. And the morons in this thread are arguing that that's A-Ok.

Still beating the stupid drum. No one is arguing if swimming lessons are a good idea retard. Getting people to do it is the issue. If there is no water around why would people do it?

Its pretty simple. You are a fucking idiot. Why would you learn to swim if you have no water near you?

What makes you think they will never be near water?

What makes you ask that question and who told you I thought that?

You obviously think that or you wouldn't have asked this "Why would you learn to swim if you have no water near you?".

A good reason to learn how to swim is the off-chance that someday you may have to.

So blacks don't go to swimming pools because their ancestors were once forbidden to? Do you still sit in the back of the bus? Do you still refuse to use drinking fountains or restrooms and do you still go into restaurants through the back door?

So blacks don't go to swimming pools because their ancestors were once forbidden to? Do you still sit in the back of the bus? Do you still refuse to use drinking fountains or restrooms and do you still go into restaurants through the back door?

Of course I didn't say any of that. But it's a matter of comfort. Swimming pools in the sixties were probably considered nearly "white country clubs" to blacks. And as I said, without the teacher parent there's less likely to be a very enthusiastic swimmer.

My family was dirt poor in the forties when I was a child, but my dad and mom took us all to the quarry holes to swim, and thought the public pool in the city wasn't close I was taken there to learn to swim. It was considered essential to staying alive, at some point in a person's life. Without that tradition it's not going to happen.

An item of interest; In my Marine Corps boot camp (1960) none of the black guys could swim, and virtually all the white guys could. When we went to the practice pool, every one, one at a at a time was told to jump into the water and swim to the other side, and the black guys simply refused. They got training. There was only one white guy, a kid from Alaska, and though he couldn't swim he jumped into the water, sank to the bottom - eight feet deep - and he simply walked to the other side of the pool entirely under water at all times; then he surfaced on the far side and climbed out.

Last edited:
What makes you think they will never be near water?

You obviously think that or you wouldn't have asked this "Why would you learn to swim if you have no water near you?".

A good reason to learn how to swim is the off-chance that someday you may have to.

The only thing obvious about that was that I was posing a question. In your retarded state you assumed which to you makes things obvious. Thats what happens when you pick things out of context to focus on an ignore other posts where I said it was a great idea to teach everyone how to swim.

Of course I didn't say any of that. But it's a matter of comfort. Swimming pools in the sixties were probably considered nearly "white country clubs" to blacks. And as I said, without the teacher parent there's less likely to be a very enthusiastic swimmer.

An item of interest; In my Marine Corps boot camp (1960) none of the black guys could swim, and virtually all the white guys could. When we went to the practice pool, every one at a time was told to jump into the water and swim to the other side, and the black guys simply refused. They got training. There was only one white guy, a kid from Alaska, and though he couldn't swim he jumped into the water, sank to the bottom - eight feet deep - and he simply walked to the other side of the pool entirely under water at all times; then he surfaced on the far side and climbed out.

How does that pertain to the stats?

Swimming pools are not normally encountered in everyday activities. That was a lame ass analogy. :lol:

The only thing obvious about that was that I was posing a question. In your retarded state you assumed which to you makes things obvious. Thats what happens when you pick things out of context to focus on an ignore other posts where I said it was a great idea to teach everyone how to swim.

I posed the question to you, you repeated it word for word.

If that's your position then why did you asked something as stupid as "Why would you learn to swim if you have no water near you?"?

:cuckoo:

Swimming pools are not normally encountered in everyday activities. That was a lame ass analogy. :lol:

Nor are they encountered among most white kids. Unless it's your opinion that all white people have backyard swimming pools.

It wasn't an analogy dumbass! It was three questions.

If that's your position then why did you asked something as stupid as "Why would you learn to swim if you have no water near you?"?

Why wouldnt I ask the question if my position was that people are not motivated to learn to swim? What kind of stupid question was that?

Nor are they encountered among most white kids. Unless it's your opinion that all white people have backyard swimming pools.

It wasn't an analogy dumbass! It was three questions.

You were drawing an analogy with questions dumbass. White people go swimming way more than Black people do as a general rule. Yes I would bet money more white people have swimming pools than Black people. Are you saying this is a false assumption?

An item of interest; In my Marine Corps boot camp (1960) none of the black guys could swim, and virtually all the white guys could. When we went to the practice pool, every one at a time was told to jump into the water and swim to the other side, and the black guys simply refused. They got training. There was only one white guy, a kid from Alaska, and though he couldn't swim he jumped into the water, sank to the bottom - eight feet deep - and he simply walked to the other side of the pool entirely under water at all times; then he surfaced on the far side and climbed out.

Except for my aside about Marine Corp boot camp my posts entirely support the stats.

And to add, to the fact that the death rates at lakes are more closely aligned, that’s because of the comfort issue, black kids that do learn to swim will be more likely to do it at a lake or a reservoir. People simply don’t swim in lakes who don’t know how to swim. There deaths usually are caused by going too far out into the water or alcohol related problems.

Why wouldnt I ask the question if my position was that people are not motivated to learn to swim? What kind of stupid question was that?

This is how stupid you are.

You have said:

Everyone should learn to swim.

But then you say:

Why would you learn to swim if no water is near you?

So either you believe that everyone should learn to swim or just those near water. It can't be both.

This is how stupid you are.

You have said:

Everyone should learn to swim.

But then you say:

Why would you learn to swim if no water is near you?

So either you believe that everyone should learn to swim or just those near water. It can't be both.

You are a good example of a defunct educational system. You can only think on 1 level at a time and are unable to delve deeper into issues.

Statement. yes everyone should learn how to swim

Question. However, what is the motivation to learn if there is no water around you?

Where did you get your GED and who cheated so you could pass?

Except for my aside about Marine Corp boot camp my posts entirely support the stats.

And to add, to the fact that the death rates at lakes are more closely aligned, that’s because of the comfort issue, black kids that do learn to swim will be more likely to do it at a lake or a reservoir. People simply don’t swim in lakes who don’t know how to swim. There deaths usually are caused by going too far out into the water or alcohol related problems.

I'm sorry but what happened forty years ago and beyond does nothing to explain today's current stats.

Can you support your claim that I've bolded?

For the hundredth time..

the motivation is SAFETY. If your children are dying of drowing at 5x the rate, the motivation is SAFETY.

You are the problem, schlep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back