Zone1 Blacks in Power Don't Empower Blacks

Votar Roja

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2023
Blacks in Power Don't Empower Blacks

Between 1970 and 2012, the number of black elected officials rose from fewer than 1,500 to more than 10,000. How has this affected the black community? Jason Riley of The Manhattan Institute answers the question in this video.

Comment: Obama did nothing for blacks. Trump gave blacks the lowest unemployment rate ever.

It's not only limited to black politicians .. it's government in general. Government does nothing to incentivize minorities, often in the lower class, to make their lives or children's lives better. Black politicians and government only focus on fueling the racial fire to pull on the emotions of minority groups and their advocates.

Between 1970 and 2012, the number of black elected officials rose from fewer than 1,500 to more than 10,000. How has this affected the black community? Jason Riley of The Manhattan Institute answers the question in this video.

Comment: Obama did nothing for blacks. Trump gave blacks the lowest unemployment rate ever.

The performance of American Black politicians is remarkably similar to African Black politicians. Their Black constituents rarely benefit from their leadership.

I have posted about him before, but I had the opportunity to get to know Roger Wilkins before his death. He was a black civil rights lawyers who was a big wig back in the Kennedy/Johnson Administrations and kicked around the DC area as a journalist, then professor/commentator/TV guest. This subject is something I heard him go off on many times. He was a strong believer that successful blacks needed to go back into the black community and mentor, advise, and empower people with their knowledge. He walked that walk.

I have posted about him before, but I had the opportunity to get to know Roger Wilkins before his death. He was a black civil rights lawyers who was a big wig back in the Kennedy/Johnson Administrations and kicked around the DC area as a journalist, then professor/commentator/TV guest. This subject is something I heard him go off on many times. He was a strong believer that successful blacks needed to go back into the black community and mentor, advise, and empower people with their knowledge. He walked that walk.

I appreciate the post, but I think the keep is for them to just stop seeing themselves as black and start seeing themselves as Americans.

Then, always remember what MLK said about the content of your charachter and not the color of your skin is what matters.

When you see IM2 posting here, the color of skin is the ONLY thing that matters to him

Just face the facts this country has been going down hill ever since more blacks have been voted into power. Prove me wrong

Just face the facts this country has been going down hill ever since more blacks have been voted into power. Prove me wrong
This thread is in Zone 1. Read the rules regarding this area of the forum.

I appreciate the post, but I think the keep is for them to just stop seeing themselves as black and start seeing themselves as Americans.

Then, always remember what MLK said about the content of your charachter and not the color of your skin is what matters.

When you see IM2 posting here, the color of skin is the ONLY thing that matters to him
People come to identify with certain things to rationalize where they are and where they are going in life. It is not peculiar to blacks. It often has to do with the neighborhood they grew up in. If most people are factory workers, they are going to self-identify with that and create expectation based on that. Outreach/Mentorship can be an effective tool, albeit a highly imperfect one, to encourage upward mobility. "American" is a little too generic to model one's life off of if you are already one. I know one of our local high schools has a club for young men that is racially diverse that brings in racially diverse people to speak to and work with the members to teach and encourage them to become more successful than they might otherwise be on their own. Doctors who talk about how to become and be one, lawyers, bankers, etc.

This thread doesn't take into account the electing of a black mayor and an all white city council. I have seen in a city where a black city council rep presents proposals to help black communities getting consistently voted down byy the white majority. So this is another worthless white race bait thread started by a racist in order to try denying systemic white racism.

Credit to Dekster for trying to bring balance to a bs thread.

THE FIRST POST STANDS AS UNREFUTED FACT:

It would be nice if you were to give a link to one Zone one rules or is that asking too much?

THE FIRST POST STANDS AS UNREFUTED FACT:

1698029009178.png

Trump did nothing for blacks. Black unemployment began to drop during Obama.

Black unemployment began to drop during Obama.

And yet what I said is still exactly TRUE: Trump gave blacks the lowest unemployment rate in history.

And here is what your stupid graph does NOT show: Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract. A study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.

Trump did nothing for blacks

As usual you are a liar

Unrefuted

Had Obama tried implementing an agenda that was only for blacks, disingenuos pricks like the OP would have whined about racism. The same thing goes for other black elected officials.

I witnessed the decimation caused by the migration of successful black men out of the city neighborhoods in the 60s and 70s in Washington DC. It left them a hollow, dangerous shell of what they used to be. The message of Roger Wilkins is echoed by Pastor Corey Brooks as part of his plan to bring South Chicago out of the pits of despair.

Forum List

Back