Blast along Syrian-Turkish border kills more than 40, say activists

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Such endless, needless killings.

NABIH BULOS

More than 40 people are killed in bombing at border crossing between Turkey and Syria, activists sayBorder crossing hit by blast serves as vital link to homeland for Syrians living in Turkey and SyriaAn explosion at a border crossing between Syria and Turkey on Thursday killed more than 40 people and left scores wounded, activists said.

The blast ripped through the Bab al-Salameh crossing about 30 miles north of the city of Aleppo. It was caused by about 1 ton of explosives that were in a van parked in a garage and apparently were remotely detonated.

I was heading to the crossing when I saw a big bloom of fire followed by a very strong quake. When I got there, there were body parts strewn around and people panicking everywhere.
- Abu Yazid Halaby, media activist

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a British-based opposition group with a network of activists in Syria, reported that 43 people were killed, including five women and three children. That number was likely to rise because many of the wounded were in critical condition, the group said.

Continue reading at:

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-syria-turkey-blast-20140515-story.

I wish Assad would do what is best for the country, and not for him, by stepping down and letting new leaders take the helm

Such endless, needless killings.

NABIH BULOS

More than 40 people are killed in bombing at border crossing between Turkey and Syria, activists sayBorder crossing hit by blast serves as vital link to homeland for Syrians living in Turkey and SyriaAn explosion at a border crossing between Syria and Turkey on Thursday killed more than 40 people and left scores wounded, activists said.

The blast ripped through the Bab al-Salameh crossing about 30 miles north of the city of Aleppo. It was caused by about 1 ton of explosives that were in a van parked in a garage and apparently were remotely detonated.

I was heading to the crossing when I saw a big bloom of fire followed by a very strong quake. When I got there, there were body parts strewn around and people panicking everywhere.
- Abu Yazid Halaby, media activist

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a British-based opposition group with a network of activists in Syria, reported that 43 people were killed, including five women and three children. That number was likely to rise because many of the wounded were in critical condition, the group said.

Continue reading at:

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-syria-turkey-blast-20140515-story.
The peaceful Islamic extremists are taking advantage of the warlike Kurds, by golly.

The conflict between the jihadist Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) and the Kurdish upstarts provides a glimpse of what the future might hold for the country, now in the fourth year of a punishing civil war — wars within wars.

Syria is now fractured into a multitude of interests, split along ethnic, religious and regional grounds — and each badly disposed to the others.

Last year, Syria's Kurds seized the opportunity to declare independence from Damascus in areas along the border with Turkey. Today, they control three separate enclaves — Jazira, the largest, in the northeast, Kobani and Afrin. These are among the most peaceful and well-governed areas of the country.

Islamic extremists fighting brutal war against Kurds in Syria :: Middle East Forum

Forum List

Back