Bleeding Heart Libertarianism

A livable wage...based on what area of the state someone lives in...Here it should be at least 12-15$ an hour...I would leave it to the economists to figure that out...The workers are the reason that ceo makes so much money is because they are there to sell his crap. They deserve a fair shake.

That same stupid argument...hell of a choice there..work for slave labor company trying to make ends meet or don't work at all...damn hard choice there.

From your comments in this thread, you and the term libertarian shouldn't be in the same room. Call it whatever you like, but you're advocating Progressivism and demonstrating the irrational jealousy and willingness to steal common to all Statists.

Pass.

I am proposing fairness...assholes getting rich off the backs of the slaves that make their product for 40 cents a day in some 3rd world shit hole and then the workers that sell their crap that get 8$ an hour and they refuse to even give 40 hours a week so they can at least get benefits...in no FREE SOCIETY would this be allowed...its exploitation at its worst.

OK, lets say walmart gives a 20% salary increase to all of their employees. What happens then? A couple of things, they have to raise their prices, higher prices reduce their sales, reduced sales means they have to lay off employees. So some of the people that got the 20% raise are now getting unemployment and the overall sales of the corporation are down. So the few who managed to keep their jobs get higher pay, but with sales going down, they will most likely be on the unemployment rolls too.

You on the left just assume that a company can raise pay with no impact. thats not the real world.

I do happen to agree that many CEOs are vastly overpaid. But so are athletes and entertainers.

A livable wage...based on what area of the state someone lives in...Here it should be at least 12-15$ an hour...I would leave it to the economists to figure that out...The workers are the reason that ceo makes so much money is because they are there to sell his crap. They deserve a fair shake.

just curious, what profit % should a company be "allowed" to make?

So somebody flipping burgers at McDonald's should be making $12-$15/hour? And who exactly would enforce this "livable wage?"

So somebody flipping burgers at McDonald's should be making $12-$15/hour? And who exactly would enforce this "livable wage?"

second question: who is going to pay $15 for a big mac?

From your comments in this thread, you and the term libertarian shouldn't be in the same room. Call it whatever you like, but you're advocating Progressivism and demonstrating the irrational jealousy and willingness to steal common to all Statists.

Pass.

I am proposing fairness...assholes getting rich off the backs of the slaves that make their product for 40 cents a day in some 3rd world shit hole and then the workers that sell their crap that get 8$ an hour and they refuse to even give 40 hours a week so they can at least get benefits...in no FREE SOCIETY would this be allowed...its exploitation at its worst.

OK, lets say walmart gives a 20% salary increase to all of their employees. What happens then? A couple of things, they have to raise their prices, higher prices reduce their sales, reduced sales means they have to lay off employees. So some of the people that got the 20% raise are now getting unemployment and the overall sales of the corporation are down. So the few who managed to keep their jobs get higher pay, but with sales going down, they will most likely be on the unemployment rolls too.

You on the left just assume that a company can raise pay with no impact. thats not the real world.

I do happen to agree that many CEOs are vastly overpaid. But so are athletes and entertainers.
Why would they need to raise prices? People making and selling the stuff don't deserve a livable wage? Why are places like this even allowed to exist to exploit people? What the fuck kind of nation are we that we allow this crap.The ceo's worth 93$ billion they can afford to make a little less...Why should they get to exploit everyone for a buck? I wish people would just walk out and let wal mart shut down.

Why would they need to raise prices? People making and selling the stuff don't deserve a livable wage? Why are places like this even allowed to exist to exploit people? What the fuck kind of nation are we that we allow this crap.The ceo's worth 93$ billion they can afford to make a little less...Why should they get to exploit everyone for a buck? I wish people would just walk out and let wal mart shut down.

do you boycott them? I don't like going to walmart. But walmart does provide good products at low prices which is a good thing for poor people. Why do you hate poor people?

Now, to your question, when any cost of sales goes up the only way to compensate is to raise prices. walmart makes a lot of money but their profit margin is pretty small, they make it on volume not mark up. or do you think they should operate at zero profit?

hope thats not too complicated for you.

Yes. I do. I don't hate poor people I hate scumbag rich people who get rich off the backs of the poor and then don't help those out they used to get where they are.

Yes. I do. I don't hate poor people I hate scumbag rich people who get rich off the backs of the poor and then don't help those out they used to get where they are.

how do you know what those evil rich guys give to charity? they also pay most of the nations tax bill, so that you can pay zero income tax. sounds like they are helping YOU quite a bit.

PFT! I would rather have them give people a decent wage so they could pay some taxes if they needed to. They ain't helping me do shit...are they gonna fill my truck up? I mean its only been 4 months since I was able to do that...that would be awesome! How about some new clothes? Again 4 months and it will be February before I can afford some new ones...down to 1 pair of jeans now...its a fucking blast.

PFT! I would rather have them give people a decent wage so they could pay some taxes if they needed to. They ain't helping me do shit...are they gonna fill my truck up? I mean its only been 4 months since I was able to do that...that would be awesome! How about some new clothes? Again 4 months and it will be February before I can afford some new ones...down to 1 pair of jeans now...its a fucking blast.

do you have a job? are you capable of being promoted to the next level? do you talk to your boss they way you talk on this message board?

Instead of crying about your situation, how about doing something to improve it. Find a new job, get a promotion, learn another skill, take a night course.

take responsibility for your life, the govt it not your keeper, but the govt will be your slave master if you let it.

second question: who is going to pay $15 for a big mac?

Third question: Where are all the unskilled teenagers going to work when they're priced out of the market?

A livable wage...based on what area of the state someone lives in...Here it should be at least 12-15$ an hour...

Thereby ensuring even fewer people are hired in the first place, placing more people on the dole, watching more jobs go overseas, and putting America at an even greater disadvantage in the global marketplace.

As I said, pass.

So basically you're not going to reply to anything if you can't attack rich people. Got it.

do you have a job? are you capable of being promoted to the next level? do you talk to your boss they way you talk on this message board?

Instead of crying about your situation, how about doing something to improve it. Find a new job, get a promotion, learn another skill, take a night course.

take responsibility for your life, the govt it not your keeper, but the govt will be your slave master if you let it.

I work on the side my wife works a regular job.

Pass.

The fact that Costco pays a good living wage to it's employees and still manages to be cost competitive with Sam's Clubo, tells us that prices don't necessarily have to go up when you pay your workers decently. Costco employees are far more productive than Sam's Club employees. I was going to post a link here, but I don't yet have enough posts to do that. Anyhow, do a google search on the following
walmart-pays-workers-poorly-and-sinks-while-costco-pays-workers-well-and-sails-proof-that-you-get-what-you-pay-for and you will get a good Forbes article about how Costco does it.

Forum List

Back