Bleeding Heart Libertarianism

So you are all just fine and dandy with 6 people being worth 93$ billion dollars while the people who work them need foodstamps and medicaid? Wow...nothing but stooges for big business.

So you are all just fine and dandy with 6 people being worth 93$ billion dollars while the people who work them need foodstamps and medicaid? Wow...nothing but stooges for big business.

How about the fact that these people are better off having a job with Wal-Mart than they are otherwise? Would you be fine with them losing their jobs when you price them out of competition with more skilled laborers? Sounds like you're a stooge for unemployment. Good thing you're an "anarcho-capitalist" though.

Bill Gates is a liberal, so was Steve Jobs. So are all of the holly loonies. Most of the evil rich guys that are stealing from you are liberal democrats who are shitting in your ear as they promise you that they will take more from the evil rich and give it to you.

they are playing you for a sucker while they get richer by the day. They (the dems) have controlled congress and have set the system up against people like you, they don't want you to succeed because it might mean less for them.

You are fighting the wrong people.

How about the fact that these people are better off having a job with Wal-Mart than they are otherwise? Would you be fine with them losing their jobs when you price them out of competition with more skilled laborers? Sounds like you're a stooge for unemployment. Good thing you're an "anarcho-capitalist" though.

Not really. Don't have a job the government gives you money I believe they call it TANF...I know in WV you can get it very easily for 5 years course they also help you/make you either try and get work or go to school to get a skill...problem is I already went and got a skill did not a damn bit of good.

As long as a person is not violating the constitutional rights of others, said person should be able to make a much money as he or she desires, regardless of whether or not he or she provides in a manner that meets with your approval.

And what would keep assholes like Wal Mart from treating them like slave labor? Still haven't told me how the poor and disabled are supposed to be taken care of if a libertarian society just appeared....millions would die...

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You think that absent government, the free market will take care of everything. Yet, you don't understand what will keep WalMart from treating employees like slave labor under a limited government?

Hint: The free market.

It's very clear from your contrary postings that you don't actually believe the AnCap crap you've been preaching. I don't know why you are inconsistant. I dont know if you are some troll who is just trying to make the right look bad. I don't know if you actually think you believe what you believe and just cannot see the glaringly huge inconsistancies with what your saying.

Regardless, I think you should reanalyze what you actually think and believe.

I believe in freedom because without it, we cannot unlock the true potential good people have. I believe in the free market because it has done the most to improve life conditions around the world than just about any other economic system thought of.

I don't know if you think people are just magically going to do what's right absent government or what. I believe we need a population that believes in God and strives to live moral lives for freedom to reach it's full blessing. I've studied the lives of the Founders and I see the Hand of Divine Providence in their lives and establishing this nation. I believe them when they say our Constitution was only designed to govern a moral and virtuous people. And I think the main reason we have problems in our government is because the population has ceased to be moral and virtuous.

I apologize if I've been harsh with you in some of my posts. I get caught in the moment of passion way too often.

Bill Gates is a liberal, so was Steve Jobs. So are all of the holly loonies. Most of the evil rich guys that are stealing from you are liberal democrats who are shitting in your ear as they promise you that they will take more from the evil rich and give it to you.

they are playing you for a sucker while they get richer by the day. They (the dems) have controlled congress and have set the system up against people like you, they don't want you to succeed because it might mean less for them.

There is no left vs right its the rich elitist corporatists and their croney's in government vs the poor and down trodden.

Not really. Don't have a job the government gives you money I believe they call it TANF...I know in WV you can get it very easily for 5 years course they also help you/make you either try and get work or go to school to get a skill...problem is I already went and got a skill did not a damn bit of good.

Then blame the stagnant economy. There is no job growth because the federal govt has been anti business for the last 5 years. Obamacare has prevented businesses from expanding and hiring people.

Bottom line; liberalism does not work, and it always hurts people like you the most. Liberalism is a lie.

There is no left vs right its the rich elitist corporatists and their croney's in government vs the poor and down trodden.

Do the following rich people deserve their money? Gates, Buffet, Baldwin, Whoopi, Imelt, Schumer, Kerry, Clinton, Bush, Streisand, Madonna, Jerry Rice, Bret Favre, Serena Williams. If no, what should be done to them. If yes, why does our society place such value on people like these?

Nope. I simply believe that if the Walmart business model is unjust or unsustainable, they will eventually be destroyed by a superior business model so long as government keeps its thumb off the scales.

Do the following rich people deserve their money? Gates, Buffet, Baldwin, Whoopi, Imelt, Schumer, Kerry, Clinton, Bush, Streisand, Madonna, Jerry Rice, Bret Favre, Serena Williams. If no, what should be done to them. If yes, why does our society place such value on people like these?

Nothing wrong with making money but when you are a business and you are making billions and your workers who make sure you stay in business are needing foodstamps to get by that's wrong. Most of those did it on their own..Madonna she is a singer did it herself,Jerry Rice was born with his talent did it himself...some like Gates,Buffet no they used others to get where they are but I bet they pay a hell of a lot better than Wal Mart does.

So you should be able to loot your neighbor?

Nothing wrong with making money but when you are a business and you are making billions and your workers who make sure you stay in business are needing foodstamps to get by that's wrong. Most of those did it on their own..Madonna she is a singer did it herself,Jerry Rice was born with his talent did it himself...some like Gates,Buffet no they used others to get where they are but I bet they pay a hell of a lot better than Wal Mart does.

Then don't work for Wal-Mart. They can't force you to work for them.

That same stupid argument...hell of a choice there..work for slave labor company trying to make ends meet or don't work at all...damn hard choice there.

Except there are other choices, for starters. The U.S., despite being in a prolonged and deep slump, is still one of the most developed economies on the planet. Wal-Mart isn't your only option. Secondly, this is how markets work. As a professed anarcho-capitalist you should know this. Two or more sides coming together voluntarily for their mutual benefit. Working at Wal-Mart is to your benefit, regardless of whether you want to look down on it or not. If you try to force them to pay people more, then it would no longer be to their benefit to hire unskilled or disabled workers. They would hire more skilled workers in an attempt to justify the higher price. You can't change economic reality no matter how much you whine about it.

That same stupid argument...hell of a choice there..work for slave labor company trying to make ends meet or don't work at all...damn hard choice there.

From your comments in this thread, you and the term libertarian shouldn't be in the same room. Call it whatever you like, but you're advocating Progressivism and demonstrating the irrational jealousy and willingness to steal common to all Statists.

Pass.

The choice to work for low wages was made the day you decided not to take algebra or chemistry or calculus or physics when you were being given a free education.

The choice to work for low wages was made when you hopped from job to job because they won't put you in charge on the first day.

The choice to work for low wages is made every Monday you call in sick because you are hung over or because you feel like sleeping in instead of working.

The choice to work for low wages is made a thousand ways a thousand days before you ever put your pen to a Walmart application.

From your comments in this thread, you and the term libertarian shouldn't be in the same room. Call it whatever you like, but you're advocating Progressivism and demonstrating the irrational jealousy and willingness to steal common to all Statists.

Pass.

I am proposing fairness...assholes getting rich off the backs of the slaves that make their product for 40 cents a day in some 3rd world shit hole and then the workers that sell their crap that get 8$ an hour and they refuse to even give 40 hours a week so they can at least get benefits...in no FREE SOCIETY would this be allowed...its exploitation at its worst.

if you don't like what you are being paid, make yourself more valuable to employers, get more education, learn more skills. The price of labor is set by supply and demand just like the price of beef jerky or vodka.

stop feeling sorry for yourself and DO something about it. Start a small business, move to north dakota where there is zero unemployment (due to oil).

Take responsibility for yourself rather than sitting on your ass crying and waiting for uncle obozo to send you some cash.

Pass.

I am proposing fairness...assholes getting rich off the backs of the slaves that make their product for 40 cents a day in some 3rd world shit hole and then the workers that sell their crap that get 8$ an hour and they refuse to even give 40 hours a week so they can at least get benefits...in no FREE SOCIETY would this be allowed...its exploitation at its worst.

And how do you propose to establish this "fairness?"

Forum List

Back