Bloomberg to take on NRA-FAIL

It would be harder for gangs to get guns if they were registered and we had universal background checks.

But its also harder for the vast majority of gun owners who are law abiding citizens. Including liberals in some cases.

We need to change/impact the criminal culture, not the gun.

BTW- I don't care if gang bangers have guns and are smoking each other as long as I have mine

-Geaux

Any good person would be willing to wait for a background check knowing it could save a life.

How does making me wait, forcing me to make multiple trips save someone else's life?

How long is your ideal waiting period?

What proof do you have that these infringements of my rights would save any lives.

You assume that criminals would all of a sudden start obeying the law.

It would be much easier to catch illegal gun sales. Police could pretend to be a buyer to catch the seller. They could pretend to be a seller to catch buyers. Right now it's too easy to get guns.

Another Fast & Furious? :cuckoo:

-Geaux
The NRA owns Fast & Furious by making it nearly impossible to prosecute straw purchasers so gun manufacturers can sell more guns. The more guns that can be put in the hands of the criminals, the more the NRA can convince you to buy a gun to protect yourself from the NRA armed criminals. The NRA is like the "old time smuggling man."

I'm an old time smuggling man, and I know just what to do.
I sell guns to the Arabs, and I sell dynamite to the Jews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please give me the short answer on why the Dems and liberal left choose this fight? Why are gun deaths so much more important than deaths in pools which far exceed guns?

-Geaux

We have done much to improve the safety of pools. Design specifications, lifeguards, fencing. All help to reduce pool deaths

Why can't we do anything to reduce gun deaths?

We have. But when looking at the glaring data- time and money would be a better return on investment if spent on increased pool safety

-Geaux

Why not do both?

You guys always throw up Red Herrings. Cars kill more people, why don't you ban cars? Pools kill more people, why don't you ban pools? Nobody wants to ban cars or pools, that doesn't mean we don't work to make them safer.

Same applies to guns

But its also harder for the vast majority of gun owners who are law abiding citizens. Including liberals in some cases.

BTW- I don't care if gang bangers have guns and are smoking each other as long as I have mine

-Geaux

Any good person would be willing to wait for a background check knowing it could save a life.

How does making me wait, forcing me to make multiple trips save someone else's life?

What proof do you have that these infringements of my rights would save any lives.

Are you a criminal? Are you fucking crazy? Are you suffering depression? Do you have a history of Domestic violence?

If so, we do not want you buying guns.

No it's not. Enforcing existing gun laws, locking criminals up for a long, long time is a better investment

-Geaux

That's not going to stop some guy from buying a gun in a private sale and shooting up his wives work. If we don't keep the guns from criminals then it's locking them up after they kill people. I prefer to catch them trying to buy a gun illegally and locking them up before they shoot people.

Please give me the short answer on why the Dems and liberal left choose this fight? Why are gun deaths so much more important than deaths in pools which far exceed guns?

-Geaux

Because those are accidental. When was the last mass pooling?

-Geaux

I already posted the mass shooter who couldn't pass a background check, but bought via private sale.

I already posted the mass shooter who couldn't pass a background check, but bought via private sale.

criminals will still go around any background check law

it is in their nature

it is in their nature

And often they will get caught illegally buying a gun before they kill people. That sounds good to me.

it is in their nature

Safezone.jpg

Are you a criminal? Are you fucking crazy? Are you suffering depression? Do you have a history of Domestic violence?

I already own guns. Many guns.

No one, and I mean no one, including my wife, knows how many or what kind.

I can buy any gun and take it home with me any day of the week.

Therefore I'm not a criminal.

Am I crazy? Some would say yes. I would say not yet.
Who gets to make that decision?

Am I suffering from depression? Not clinically.
Who gets to make this decision.

No history of domestic violence, but what does that even mean?

Your missing the point RW- We don't care what you want :lol:

-Geaux

That's it until I return from the salt mine so I can pay taxes for those of you who choose to be on the government dole

Late

-Geaux

"Any good person" what a line of FEEEEEEEL good bullshit !! typical :bsflag: from commie controlled libertools

i have been buying and selling guns for almost 60 years without a fucking background check and, "i never killed anyone that didn't need killing" ..., John Wesley Hardin

"Any good person..." this also reminds me when the whiney assed liberscum said, "we just want you to stop smoking on airplanes" look at what that has led to. now the liberscum want the E-cig banned !!

it is in their nature

And often they will get caught illegally buying a gun before they kill people. That sounds good to me.

For me, that's a small return on investment

IOW-Acceptable risk to be an American

-Geaux

Most don't find it acceptable. So a little of your time isn't worth a life? Your a sad person. Lets make the dealer checks more effective and close the loophole.

-Geaux

Most don't find it acceptable. So a little of your time isn't worth a life? Your a sad person. Lets make the dealer checks more effective and close the loophole.

Let's don't, and say we did

Gotta geaux now.. :dance:

-Geaux

I already own guns. Many guns.

No one, and I mean no one, including my wife, knows how many or what kind.

I can buy any gun and take it home with me any day of the week.

Therefore I'm not a criminal.

Am I crazy? Some would say yes. I would say not yet.
Who gets to make that decision?

Am I suffering from depression? Not clinically.
Who gets to make this decision.

No history of domestic violence, but what does that even mean?

The simplest solution would be licensing. You are trained in firearm safety, you have undergone a background check, you are not undergoing pschiatric treatment, you are not a wife beater, you are not a felon. Your status changes, your license is revoked
Show your card and buy a gun on the spot
Sell one of your guns? Verify the buyer has a license

And the far left continues to show empirical evidence that they don't have a clue about what goes on in reality, they fall back on their tired old programmed debunked talking points.

-Geaux

It doesn't matter what you think of me.

What proof do you have that the background checks we have now are not effective?

If you want to cede your liberty and rights to the government go ahead.

I'll fight to the death for mine.

Forum List

Back