🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bloomberg to take on NRA-FAIL

Bloomberg is taking a pretty big bite there.
Do you realize the NRA managed to kill a bill (universal background checks) that had 80% approval among Americans.

No matter where you stand on the issue - you have to be impressed at the power they wield.

Very true

The NRA didn't even blink after Sandy Hook

Or after any other example of why we need universal background checks. And it's not about the talking points. Polls clearly demonstrate that Americans weren't buying into the slippery slope (first background checks - then a match to the Second Amendment) argument. 80% favored background checks. 53% of Republican men supported background checks.

The NRA's power to kill that bill is clearly about the stranglehold they have on lawmakers. The term "in the pocket" comes to mind. Legislative victories like this and the Tiahardt Amendments demonstrate that lawmakers would rather piss off their constituents than the NRA.

I would love to see a more balanced situation and maybe Bloomberg can have some success. But I'm not holding my breath.

Universal back ground checks dd not prevent Sandy Hook,nor would they. Connecticut has both,how well did they work again??

So your good with voter ID then also right?

Very true

The NRA didn't even blink after Sandy Hook

Or after any other example of why we need universal background checks. And it's not about the talking points. Polls clearly demonstrate that Americans weren't buying into the slippery slope (first background checks - then a match to the Second Amendment) argument. 80% favored background checks. 53% of Republican men supported background checks.

The NRA's power to kill that bill is clearly about the stranglehold they have on lawmakers. The term "in the pocket" comes to mind. Legislative victories like this and the Tiahardt Amendments demonstrate that lawmakers would rather piss off their constituents than the NRA.

I would love to see a more balanced situation and maybe Bloomberg can have some success. But I'm not holding my breath.

Universal back ground checks dd not prevent Sandy Hook,nor would they. Connecticut has both,how well did they work again??

You are correct. They would not have stopped Sandy Hook

Unfortunately, we also have to rely on gun owners being sensible. Not just stockpiling guns for the sake of stockpiling guns, but asking.........should I have guns in my household?

In this case, we have a woman who is terrified of her own son but still maintains a small arsenal in her home

Why? Because the second amendment says she can

Any good person would be willing to wait for a background check knowing it could save a life.

"Any good person" what a line of FEEEEEEEL good bullshit !! typical :bsflag: from commie controlled libertools

i have been buying and selling guns for almost 60 years without a fucking background check and, "i never killed anyone that didn't need killing" ..., John Wesley Hardin

"Any good person..." this also reminds me when the whiney assed liberscum said, "we just want you to stop smoking on airplanes" look at what that has led to. now the liberscum want the E-cig banned !!

I would feel so much better knowing I passed a background check before I bought a gun,after all I could be hiding something from myself,and that check would clear that right up.

Violent crime has been going down steadily for years,the hysteria has not.

For me, that's a small return on investment

IOW-Acceptable risk to be an American

-Geaux

Most don't find it acceptable. So a little of your time isn't worth a life? Your a sad person. Lets make the dealer checks more effective and close the loophole.

It doesn't matter what you think of me.

What proof do you have that the background checks we have now are not effective?

If you want to cede your liberty and rights to the government go ahead.

I'll fight to the death for mine.

Nothing we are talking about would keep guns from those who can legally own them. You want to fight for the right of criminals to easily get guns?

Unfortunately, we also have to rely on gun owners being sensible. Not just stockpiling guns for the sake of stockpiling guns, but asking.........should I have guns in my household?

In this case, we have a woman who is terrified of her own son but still maintains a small arsenal in her home

Because that what she wanted,not what you want,thats how it works.

And look how that worked out.

Most don't find it acceptable. So a little of your time isn't worth a life? Your a sad person. Lets make the dealer checks more effective and close the loophole.

It doesn't matter what you think of me.

What proof do you have that the background checks we have now are not effective?

If you want to cede your liberty and rights to the government go ahead.

I'll fight to the death for mine.

Nothing we are talking about would keep guns from those who can legally own them. You want to fight for the right of criminals to easily get guns?

My mom used to try and use the tired old,guilt methods,try again.

In NEW YORK it costs hundreds of dollars and much effort for a pistol permit,its a real infringement.

Having to prove one worthiness of a constitutional right,is wrong,the burden of proof lies elsewhere.

Innocent until proven guilty was once our cornerstone.

Yep not good,but thats how it works. Life has risks live with it.

And your solution is????????

Let me guess, if you know someone who is mentally unstable, you can't own firearms.

Is there some kind of test? Some kind of apparatus, like a breathalyzer?

Or just pass some useless laws, infringing on people's unalienable rights so you can sleep better at night.

Weasel, 84 beats 13. You will eventually loser, particularly as the Millenials get older. They overwhelmingly hate your type.

The funny thing is? When I was growing up in the eighties I knew one person with a so called assault weapon. Now I know dozens.
Those Millennials you think are gong to change things? Wait till they grow up a little.
I got a feeling they may have a change of heart.

Native Americans? Germans did not confiscate weapons.

Geaux, you can never win this battle because no one wants to confiscate your weapon.

But brandishing it wildly at the wrong time can have forever consequences.

Geaux
gunweenie.jpg

Native Americans? Germans did not confiscate weapons.

Geaux, you can never win this battle because no one wants to confiscate your weapon.

But brandishing it wildly at the wrong time can have forever consequences.

Geaux
gunweenie.jpg

There are plenty of people that want just that,saying otherwise is a lie and you know it.

The contempt people like yourself show for your fellow countrymen says a lot.and you wonder why people push back at every little thing,people like yourself sputter out.

Scary isn't it?

It all comes down to us having to expect gun owners to have some common sense. Here we have a woman whose biggest threat is her own son and she thinks she needs guns to protect her from threats outside her home

Same goes for Columbine and Gabby Giffords

Why are gun owners so fucking stupid?

Are you a criminal? Are you fucking crazy? Are you suffering depression? Do you have a history of Domestic violence?

If so, we do not want you buying guns.

I already own guns. Many guns.

No one, and I mean no one, including my wife, knows how many or what kind.

I can buy any gun and take it home with me any day of the week.

Therefore I'm not a criminal.

Am I crazy? Some would say yes. I would say not yet.
Who gets to make that decision?

Am I suffering from depression? Not clinically.
Who gets to make this decision.

No history of domestic violence, but what does that even mean?

The simplest solution would be licensing. You are trained in firearm safety, you have undergone a background check, you are not undergoing pschiatric treatment, you are not a wife beater, you are not a felon. Your status changes, your license is revoked
Show your card and buy a gun on the spot
Sell one of your guns? Verify the buyer has a license

So you want the federal government to have access to the health records of every person in the US.

And of course more registering and licensing.

And you want to regulate what people do with their personal property.

What happens when a person who owns guns dies?

Do the guns get turned over to the government?

How does the government know what guns to collect?

I already own guns. Many guns.

No one, and I mean no one, including my wife, knows how many or what kind.

I can buy any gun and take it home with me any day of the week.

Therefore I'm not a criminal.

Am I crazy? Some would say yes. I would say not yet.
Who gets to make that decision?

Am I suffering from depression? Not clinically.
Who gets to make this decision.

No history of domestic violence, but what does that even mean?

The simplest solution would be licensing. You are trained in firearm safety, you have undergone a background check, you are not undergoing pschiatric treatment, you are not a wife beater, you are not a felon. Your status changes, your license is revoked
Show your card and buy a gun on the spot
Sell one of your guns? Verify the buyer has a license

So you want the federal government to have access to the health records of every person in the US.

And of course more registering and licensing.

And you want to regulate what people do with their personal property.

What happens when a person who owns guns dies?

Do the guns get turned over to the government?

How does the government know what guns to collect?

Yup

Handgun & Pistol Mags | Pistol Magazines | Rifle Magazines At Sportsman's Guide
Shop for Gun Magazines & Clips

Home
RightArrow.gif
Gun Magazines & Clips

Shop The Sportsman's Guide and get great values on Handgun & Pistol Mags, Shotgun Mags & Clips, as well as Rifle Mags & Clips for great low prices at The Sportsman's Guide. We offer quality tested Ammunition Mags and Ammo Clip Accessories for all of your Magazine and Clip needs at the lowest prices...guaranteed!

Apparently you dont know the difference between a clip and a magazine.
Here's a hint. You wont find to many guns with a clip these days.

Forum List

Back