🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bloomberg to take on NRA-FAIL

Why the NRA Loves Michael Bloomberg

Michael Bloomberg?s new gun control campaign: Why the NRA is so excited.

The former mayor’s gun control campaigns are a godsend for fundraising.

When Michael Bloomberg launched his first organization for gun control—Mayors Against Illegal Guns—his goal was to leverage wide public support for universal background checks into actual policy.

He failed. Not only did Mayors Against Illegal Guns fail to save universal background checks from Republican opposition in the Senate, but it alienated ostensible allies, running ads against vulnerable Democrats like Sens. Mark Pryor in Arkansas and Kay Hagan in North Carolina, as if they were the main obstacle to passing gun-control legislation.

bloomberg another top firearms salesman

did you see that a million folks in the state of New York

failed to meet the deadline 4/15/14 to register their "assault weapons"

Sure did. What the left, which is likely the same majority that voted for Obama, don't understand is the price the masses are willing to pay should further infringement if our civil rights continues

We will allow for now the clown the leftist voted into office, but we will stand resolved should further infringements on Civil rights transpire

-Geaux

So it has to be easy for criminals to buy guns because you gun nuts have a childish paranoia of confiscation? Grow up.

No, we have world history which has proven that BG checks=registration=confiscation

Sorry, we will not let that play out here.

-Geaux

Please share some of the history.

Don't be lazy. Please complete your assignment without assistance from others.

Google.com

-Geaux

If Bloomberg wants to waste his money let him.

Like any and all control freak schemes his won't do anything to actually take guns out of the hands of criminals and will only make it harder for law abiding people to protect themselves.

We have to keep guns out of the hands of crazies.....something the NRA won't allow
Bloomberg is not trying to take your guns away. He is trying to make it harder for a fucking nutjob with a semi-auto and 30 round magazine to kill schoolchildren

I never said he was trying to take my guns away now did I?

Face it most gun deaths (suicides don't count) are committed in isolated urban areas and are gang related.

Less than one percent of all gun murders are attributed to mass shootings.

So ignoring the real issue, the 80% while focusing on the less than one percent is ludicrous.

It would be harder for gangs to get guns if they were registered and we had universal background checks.

If Bloomberg wants to waste his money let him.

Like any and all control freak schemes his won't do anything to actually take guns out of the hands of criminals and will only make it harder for law abiding people to protect themselves.

We have to keep guns out of the hands of crazies.....something the NRA won't allow
Bloomberg is not trying to take your guns away. He is trying to make it harder for a fucking nutjob with a semi-auto and 30 round magazine to kill schoolchildren

Face it most gun deaths (suicides don't count) are committed in isolated urban areas and are gang related.

So ignoring the real issue, the 80% while focusing on the less than one percent is ludicrous.

Much like reducing highway fatalities, every little bit counts. There was no "one thing" that reduced deaths

Yes, suicide does count. A gun is still the leading path to suicide. Domestic violence is still a major percentage of homicides. We still have too many children playing with daddys loaded weapon.

Can we stop all murders? No
But is that a reason not to try to stop any?

It would be harder for gangs to get guns if they were registered and we had universal background checks.

You assume that criminals would all of a sudden start obeying the law.

But its also harder for the vast majority of gun owners who are law abiding citizens. Including liberals in some cases.

We need to change/impact the criminal culture, not the gun.

BTW- I don't care if gang bangers have guns and are smoking each other as long as I have mine

-Geaux

But its also harder for the vast majority of gun owners who are law abiding citizens. Including liberals in some cases.

BTW- I don't care if gang bangers have guns and are smoking each other as long as I have mine

-Geaux

Any good person would be willing to wait for a background check knowing it could save a life.

It would be much easier to catch illegal gun sales. Police could pretend to be a buyer to catch the seller. They could pretend to be a seller to catch buyers. Right now it's too easy to get guns.

-Geaux

Any good person would be willing to wait for a background check knowing it could save a life.

If I was interested in saving lives I would use my time more efficiently effecting change in other areas that would save many, many more lives

In other words, a better return on my investment of time

-Geaux

It would be much easier to catch illegal gun sales. Police could pretend to be a buyer to catch the seller. They could pretend to be a seller to catch buyers. Right now it's too easy to get guns.

Another Fast & Furious? :cuckoo:

-Geaux

-Geaux

If I was interested in saving lives I would use my time more efficiently effecting change in other areas that would save many, many more lives

-Geaux

Making it difficult for criminals to get guns is a pretty good investment.

-Geaux

No it's not. Enforcing existing gun laws, locking criminals up for a long, long time is a better investment

-Geaux

-Geaux

No it's not. Enforcing existing gun laws, locking criminals up for a long, long time is a better investment

-Geaux

That's not going to stop some guy from buying a gun in a private sale and shooting up his wives work. If we don't keep the guns from criminals then it's locking them up after they kill people. I prefer to catch them trying to buy a gun illegally and locking them up before they shoot people.

Another Fast & Furious? :cuckoo:

-Geaux

No. That was giving guns to some other country to track them. And that was cuckoo.

actually it was the administration relaxing the federal firearms rules

to hand out a few thousand firearms to criminals

which has resulted in the death of three Americans

and over three hundred Mexicans

btw two more fast n furious firearms showed up at crime scenes

in the States last week

-Geaux

That's not going to stop some guy from buying a gun in a private sale and shooting up his wives work. If we don't keep the guns from criminals then it's locking them up after they kill people. I prefer to catch them trying to buy a gun illegally and locking them up before they shoot people.

Please give me the short answer on why the Dems and liberal left choose this fight? Why are gun deaths so much more important than deaths in pools which far exceed guns?

-Geaux

-Geaux

Please give me the short answer on why the Dems and liberal left choose this fight? Why are gun deaths so much more important than deaths in pools which far exceed guns?

-Geaux

We have done much to improve the safety of pools. Design specifications, lifeguards, fencing. All help to reduce pool deaths

Why can't we do anything to reduce gun deaths?

-Geaux

We have done much to improve the safety of pools. Design specifications, lifeguards, fencing. All help to reduce pool deaths

Why can't we do anything to reduce gun deaths?

We have. But when looking at the glaring data- time and money would be a better return on investment if spent on increased pool safety

-Geaux

The CDC reports that for 2010 (the latest year available), one single six-year old died from a gunshot. For all children younger than 10, there were 36 accidental gun deaths, and that is out of 41 million children. Perhaps most important, about two-thirds of these accidental gun deaths involving young children are not shots fired by other little kids but rather by adult males with criminal backgrounds. In other words, unless you send your child to play at a criminal’s home, she is exceedingly unlikely to get shot.

Indeed, if you are going to worry about your child’s safety you should check into other, perhaps less obvious dangers lurking in the playmate’s house: swimming pools, bathtubs, water buckets, bicycles, and chemicals and medications that can cause fatal poisoning. Drownings alone claimed 609 deaths; fires, 262 lives; poisonings, 54 lives. And don’t forget to ask about the playmate’s parents’ car and their driving records if your child will ride with them: After all, motor-vehicle accidents killed 923 children younger than 10.

Children and Guns: The Fear and the Reality | National Review Online

Forum List

Back