Blue Ridge hotel defies Park Service shutdown

Jake a heads up. All hell is about to rise up over this. Make sure you are on the right side of it.

Whatever side JakeTheFake is on is, by definition, the WRONG side! Haven't you realized that by now?

The fact remains that Obama has thrown no tantrum, but has the numbers, the will of the people, and time on his side.

The only tantrums here are by the reactionaries of the far right.

The fact is that you repeating talking points doesn't prove anything.

Seriously? Do you read your posts?

And .... that's supposed to be the documentation for what you can't find?

No shit, the most honest thing you've ever done on this board is your choice of screen name.

Some things do not require documentation. Documenting you defending the government would be like documenting the fact that the sky is blue.

Thank you. Finally you've admitted what you're doing with this rhetorical wank. You're bankrupt.

I accept your apology. Now go play on the Parkway.

This was addressed early in the thread, the inn is located on a parkway that is remaining open and patrolled by the rangers, they are taking extra manpower to block the drive to the inn from the parkway. The business owner is responsible for safety in his area of responsibility. There is no rational reason for this action.

You are assuming all of that.

Please stop.

The decision regarding what is funded or not....and what stays open or closes is not made by the fucking White House.

You assholes are embarrassing.

You are assuming that everyone is as stupid as you.

Repeat after me:

"I endorsed Sarah Palin for President. I have no room to talk. I should never call anyone....and I mean anyone....stupid. It carries no weight."

And .... that's supposed to be the documentation for what you can't find?

No shit, the most honest thing you've ever done on this board is your choice of screen name.

Some things do not require documentation. Documenting you defending the government would be like documenting the fact that the sky is blue.

Thank you. Finally you've admitted what you're doing with this rhetorical wank. You're bankrupt.

Like I told you when you first showed up on this board and insisted I answer all your demands, you aren't worth my time.

85 to 95 yr old vets on today's Honor Flight to the WWII Memorial that most have never seen and that citizens raised money for and organized to get them there.

BV0J7m2CIAEJWNv.jpg

U.S. Airways helped make it possible:

BV0LQ-0IAAAgih7.jpg

The Reagan terminal was jammed with people and erupted in cheers and applause as these elder heroes came off the plane:

BV0CNyfIQAAGA0U.jpg

BV0BcjpIAAAYFn3.jpg

BV0R2PZIMAAerFS.jpg

Here is what Obama intended they be greeted with:

original.jpg
[/IMG]

But thanks to some GOP congressmen and senators who removed the barriers, the gates were open when they got there.

BV0T23vIEAEKpek.jpg

BV0WMyHIUAE3QzF.jpg

BV0ME_XIcAA8jIe.jpg

Please stop.

The decision regarding what is funded or not....and what stays open or closes is not made by the fucking White House.

No, I'm not assuming a damned thing, the Blueridge Parkway is a through road and remains open and patrolled and the inn is located on the parkway. The inn is a private business that pays franchise fees to the government based on its income, it does not receive federal funds and the budget has no bearing on their operations. And yes the executive branch does decide what is closed. I know this is a hard concept for you low information voters to understand, but that's the way it is.

Are you going to prove any of it?

Since you are obviously google defecient I will provide one link, any other questions you have you are welcome to get your childs help.

Blue Ridge Parkway will allow traffic, not attractions, during shutdown* | roanoke.com

Like I told you when you first showed up on this board and insisted I answer all your demands, you aren't worth my time.

And as (not 'like') I tell you but it never sinks in, you're a pissant who can't back up his own bare assertions. Which makes your 35 million posts pretty much baseless. How's that for a waste of time.

Tissue? :eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:

Please stop.

Repeat after me:

"I endorsed Sarah Palin for President. I have no room to talk. I should never call anyone....and I mean anyone....stupid. It carries no weight."

You endorsed Palin for president? Are you aware she never ran for that job? Want to call me stupid again?

No, I'm not assuming a damned thing, the Blueridge Parkway is a through road and remains open and patrolled and the inn is located on the parkway. The inn is a private business that pays franchise fees to the government based on its income, it does not receive federal funds and the budget has no bearing on their operations. And yes the executive branch does decide what is closed. I know this is a hard concept for you low information voters to understand, but that's the way it is.

Since you are obviously google defecient I will provide one link, any other questions you have you are welcome to get your childs help.

Blue Ridge Parkway will allow traffic, not attractions, during shutdown* | roanoke.com
Noble of you to do work Lunger is capable of doing.

Please stop.

Repeat after me:

Your spin is sickening to watch. Get a grip, LUNGER.

That simply says the road is open. We already knew that. What it does not say is that the Inn can remain open given the circumstances. It says nothing about that. It also says nothing about who makes these decisions.

Weak.

Repeat after me:

You endorsed Palin for president? Are you aware she never ran for that job? Want to call me stupid again?

You did. 2016. Need the link?

You have a link to something I never said?

Will you admit you are a stupid lying fuckface when you can't find it?

Pogo, did your source really debunk the story or just put another spin on it? And whose reporters have more authority do you think? TPM? Or the Milwaukee Journal?
State DNR refuses federal directive to close some popular parks

:dunno: I don't make the news, I just enforce it.

What's at issue there is whether the DNR actually issued such a directive. The J-S says so but goes into no detail and doesn't quote a source. Since the TPM story does go into how that interpretation came about, that's more persuasive at this point.

"Left out" as in "misled and then failed to clarify". Here's the wording in the article:

>> Inn owner Bruce O'Connell confirmed to The Washington Times that rangers were parked at the entrance to his inn... <<

Except it ain't his inn; it's the gummint's. What Bruce owns is the business of running the inn, for the term of his lease.

As to whether the gummint's in violation of that lease, I don't have a copy of it so I don't know what provision might be in there for gumint shutdowns, but what I read did mention that they told O'Connell he was in violation.

The first sentence in the article says "holds a concession" seems pretty foresight to me. He has been operating the inn for several years, so his inn seems normal, after all it was Bruce that said "his inn" the article simply quoted him.

My confusion is, it costs the government nothing to let it stay open and the government makes money off the lease and how much he sells. So at a time when the government can make money, it's using government money to keep it shut down. That doesn't make sense.

Actually it's not quoting him; it's a third-person reference. Which means the writer of the article chose the wording.
IOW it wasn't Bruce O'Connell who said "Inn owner Bruce O'Connell"; it was the writer/editor, about him.

Doesn't change the fact in the first sentence of the story, the writer told us the Bruce "holds a concession". Not very confusing or misleading there.

Can anyone provide me the logic in this story?

Why does the government want Bruce to lay off 100 employees, when leaving it open will cost the government nothing but will in fact bring income into the government. All the government employees will get back pay. This small business owner is getting nothing, his workers will claim unemployment and food stamps, making them a burden to all of us taxpayers. The government is being unreasonable, why would they create a burden on it's citizens.

Forum List

Back