Bob Barr At CPAC: 'How Would You Like To Be Waterboarded?'

cmike, you posted a conclusion that is not supported by your evidence. ollie, conservatives as well as libs abhor torture.

cmike, you posted a conclusion that is not supported by your evidence. ollie, conservatives as well as libs abhor torture.

Abhor torture like beheading 3-marines, sure. How about waterboarding mass-murderers for about 55-seconds to stop future terror attacks? I'd waterboard the MFs every day just because they deserve it.

Abhor torture like beheading 3-marines, sure. How about waterboarding mass-murderers for about 55-seconds to stop future terror attacks? I'd waterboard the MFs every day just because they deserve it.

So you admit it's not about discovering evidence...it's about punishment. Torture as punishment.

That's what the North Vietnamese did. At one time we were proud not to be like that.

So you admit it's not about discovering evidence...it's about punishment. Torture as punishment.

That's what the North Vietnamese did. At one time we were proud not to be like that.

cmike and others apparently are the same type of people as the terrorists: the means justify the ends. That is situational ethics. For shame.

No they don't.

They don't mind that thousands of americans would be tortured through fire because libs are afraid to make 3 arch terrorists uncomfortable.

No they don't.

They don't mind that thousands of americans would be tortured through fire because libs are afraid to make 3 arch terrorists uncomfortable.

Right...because we all know the ONLY options are Torture or making Terrorists "comfortable." :doubt:

Claudette, you simply have not carried your argument.

I do agree that our soldiers should not be persecuted and should be held to the standards of the UCMJ.

I want neither radical nor reactionary posturing from either side of the political spectrum: that does not serve the welfare of our troops or the safety of our country.

Jake. Don't really care if you think I carred my argument or not.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Thats just the way it is.

Not all opinions are equal, and yours has certainly failed. Move along.

Yes indeed. Moving along. I don't think yours has carried the day either. Impasse. LOL

Yes indeedy. I'm with you.

Waterboard every one of the dirtbags. Get whatever info you can and then shoot em. They wil certainly "torture" and kill anyone they catch.

Jake. Don't really care if you think I carred my argument or not.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Thats just the way it is.

Yes indeed. Moving along. I don't think yours has carried the day either. Impasse. LOL

don't spin or posture, Claudette.... do you honestly think that, if you were captured on the battlefield by our enemy, and then interrogated extensively, and THEN, when you didn't immediately disclose all the information that they thought you might have, they strapped you on a board, tipped you backwards, and poured water over your face and down your nose and made you feel as if you were actually being drowned.... do you honestly think that you would not find that treatment to create severe mental suffering?

Now... on a rational level, you might think that there would be no way that your enemy who you had been trying to KILL on the battlefield would NEVER KILL you, but, when your brain starts telling you that you are about to drown, you are going to freak out. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't think Claudette has been planning to mass murder civlians and would taunt her interrogators.

don't spin or posture, Claudette.... do you honestly think that, if you were captured on the battlefield by our enemy, and then interrogated extensively, and THEN, when you didn't immediately disclose all the information that they thought you might have, they strapped you on a board, tipped you backwards, and poured water over your face and down your nose and made you feel as if you were actually being drowned.... do you honestly think that you would not find that treatment to create severe mental suffering?

Now... on a rational level, you might think that there would be no way that your enemy who you had been trying to KILL on the battlefield would NEVER KILL you, but, when your brain starts telling you that you are about to drown, you are going to freak out. Wouldn't you agree?

Waterboarding doesn't even come close to having fingernails and toenails pulled out. Having your genitals hooked up to a battery. Thats real torture.

I would find waterboarding uncomfortable thats for sure. But compared to the above. Bearable big time.

As for freaking out?? I'm more liable to try to puch one of em in the face. Thats my mindset.

Waterboarding doesn't even come close to having fingernails and toenails pulled out. Having your genitals hooked up to a battery. Thats real torture.

I would find waterboarding uncomfortable thats for sure. But compared to the above. Bearable big time.

As for freaking out?? I'm more liable to try to puch one of em in the face. Thats my mindset.

and having your genitals wired doesn't come near to being drawnand quartered...now THAT'S REAL torture. why are you SO afraid of simply answering my question?

I don't think Claudette has been planning to mass murder civlians and would taunt her interrogators.

But she is advocating that we torture people who "might" be suspects in such actions.

What is Claudette's criteria for determining who to torture and who not to torture. Where is the oversight? How do we determine the accuracy of information obtained by torture. What do we do with those we tortured afterwards? Take them out back and put a bullet thru their head like the Soviets did?

and having your genitals wired doesn't come near to being drawnand quartered...now THAT'S REAL torture. why are you SO afraid of simply answering my question?

Drawing and quartering isn't looking for info. Its for killing.

As for your question. Would I freak out if I thought I was drowniing?? Doubt it. I'm not the freak out type. I would get combative and take any measures I could to defend myself. Thats my mindset. If your asking if I think its mental torture. Nope. Just damned uncomfortable.

As for your question. Would I freak out if I thought I was drowniing?? Doubt it. I'm not the freak out type. I would get combative and take any measures I could to defend myself. Thats my mindset. If your asking if I think its mental torture. Nope. Just damned uncomfortable.

hahaha, not the freak out type. wow. good for you.

If you worked where I work you'd know what I was talking about. Hahaha.

If you worked where I work you'd know what I was talking about. Hahaha.

archive dweller?

superwoman, eh? what exact combative and defensive measures do you think you would be able to take with your body completely restrained and your life in the hands of others? wriggle furiously? scream? GMAFB

my point was: there are lots of different types of torture. Do YOU think that you would feel severe mental suffering as your brain was telling you you were on the brink of death by drowning? yes or no

superwoman, eh? what exact combative and defensive measures do you think you would be able to take with your body completely restrained and your life in the hands of others? wriggle furiously? scream? GMAFB

my point was: there are lots of different types of torture. Do YOU think that you would feel severe mental suffering as your brain was telling you you were on the brink of death by drowning? yes or no

Nope Definetly not Superwoman. I'm just a person who doesn't freak out. In my job I see shit every day that most people will never see. After a while, its just ho hum.

No. If I thought I was dying I would be making my peace with God.

Forum List

Back