Boebert: "I'm tired of this separation of church and state junk".

I did not accuse anyone of anything.

But I am down with this, just be sure to remember this next time you talk about the election being stolen.
when did i say it was stolen?

and didn’t you just say prove she isn’t one? sounds like you are making the claim she was…you dembots aren’t new to this sort of thing

with that said i’m glad you are “down” with this concept now…i mean it’s lot new…

Give them credit: They're no longer even trying to hide it. And why should they? They know they have the Supreme Court in their pocket.
oh please

There is no term Separation of Church and State in the Constitution.

There is only a LACK of a right to establish a religion.

Jefferson mentioned a separation so called that would keep gummit out of the Churches, NOT exclude Churches from influencing gummit

oh please
There is no term Separation of Church and State in the Constitution.
There is only a LACK of a right to establish a religion.
Jefferson mentioned a separation so called that would keep gummit out of the Churches, NOT exclude Churches from influencing gummit
Good stuff, my point exactly!

Mac is panicking because the government will no longer discriminate against religious teachers and religious schools.

While the bulk of republicans are happy just to spite the libs the evangelicals have a pretty radical vision for their new Supreme Court rubber stamp.
Hmm... the only ones trying to get a rubber stamp from the SCOTUS is the Democrats trying to get Biden to pack it

Hmm... the only ones trying to get a rubber stamp from the SCOTUS is the Democrats trying to get Biden to pack it
The court has nearly always erred on the side of not taking away rights we are already presumed to have. This and other recent rulings indicate that this court is not going to observe this tradition. The result will be an inconsistent shifting of power towards and away from the states depending on which best serve conservative interests.

Give them credit: They're no longer even trying to hide it. And why should they? They know they have the Supreme Court in their pocket.

I'm not kidding when I say that the current incarnation of the Republican Party is pushing for an authoritarian Nationalist Theocracy.

"The Church is supposed to direct the government". Right, Republicans?

The woman is dumb as a rock....
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/first_amendment

Freedom of Religion

Two clauses in the First Amendment guarantee freedom of religion. The Establishment Clause prohibits the government from passing legislation to establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. It enforces the "separation of church and state." However, some governmental activity related to religion has been declared constitutional by the Supreme Court. For example, providing bus transportation for parochial school students and the enforcement of "blue laws" is not prohibited. The Free Exercise Clause prohibits the government, in most instances, from interfering with a person's practice of their religion.

The court has nearly always erred on the side of not taking away rights we are already presumed to have. This and other recent rulings indicate that this court is not going to observe this tradition. The result will be an inconsistent shifting of power towards and away from the states depending on which best serve conservative interests.
what recent rulings?

The RvW didn't remove any rights.
The NY gun ruling gave rights back
The "prayer" ruling also reinforced an existing right.

Give them credit:
GLADLY. :clap: :clap: :clap: :party:

They're no longer even trying to hide it.
Why should they? They are right! Do you ever try to hide your hate and subversion of America?

And why should they? They know they have the Supreme Court in their pocket.
Meaning that now we have a plurality of Justices who will rule based on the original intent of the CONSTITUTION, as their job requires!

I'm not kidding when I say that the current incarnation of the Republican Party is pushing for an authoritarian Nationalist Theocracy. "The Church is supposed to direct the government". Right, Republicans?
WRONG as usual moron. All she is saying is that our Founders intended that our leaders be guided by morality and ethics in their decision-making and the fount of all morality comes from faith in God as our moral, guiding compass. And the proof of that is obvious in just looking at how our society has gone south falling apart crumbling into chaos over the past thirty years as government and society has been turned increasingly more secular, immoral, unethical and faithless.

The social experiment has ended, butthole, we tried it your way and you failed. If you don't want a return to a society built upon civility, unity, morality and integrity, do please get off the planet at the next stop and maybe move to Denmark.

The RvW didn't remove any rights.
The NY gun ruling gave rights back
The "prayer" ruling also reinforced an existing right.
The one that gave me the most pause was the one that granted absolute immunity from lawsuits to federal agents. Another made miranda lawsuits against police practically impossible. While we are worrying about social wars stuff they are helping build a police state.

Forum List

Back