Boehner and Ryan step out of the crazy house.

he's prolly just doing Washington, kabuki theater to allay the minds of his owners (Big Biz/Wall St) that he won't allow Teapartiers to hold the econ hostage this time at least.

I'll bet money that big biz is the entity that has had enough of the T party tail wagging the DC dog and Boehner is simply continuing to reflect the mood of his biggest donors.

The latest shut-down and possibility of default scared the shit out of Wall Street and the defense industry.

he's prolly just doing Washington, kabuki theater to allay the minds of his owners (Big Biz/Wall St) that he won't allow Teapartiers to hold the econ hostage this time at least.

I'll bet money that big biz is the entity that has had enough of the T party tail wagging the DC dog and Boehner is simply continuing to reflect the mood of his biggest donors.

The latest shut-down and possibility of default scared the shit out of Wall Street and the defense industry.

horseshit--15% of the govt was shut down and no one noticed (unless you wanted to visit a national monument or park)

There was NEVER any chance of the USA defaulting on its debt. That is nothing but a dem/lib talking point lie.

President Jimmy Carter: Added $299 billion, a 43% increase to the $699 billion debt level at the end of Ford's last budget, FY 1977.

FY 1981 - $90 billion.
FY 1980 - $81 billion.
FY 1979 - $55 billion.
FY 1978 - $73 billion.

President Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, 186% increase to the $998 billion debt level at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981.

FY 1989 - $255 billion.
FY 1988 - $252 billion.
FY 1987 - $225 billion.
FY 1986 - $297 billion.
FY 1985 - $256 billion.
FY 1984 - $195 billion.
FY 1983 - $235 billion.
FY 1982 - $144 billion

Cons are the asshole spenders. Fucking sheep.

US Debt by President

in 5 years obama has added 7 trillion to the debt. by the time he leaves office, he will have added more to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED.

you, as usual, are full of shit.

:lmao:

They're ALL spendaholics!

Borrowing money from the future to line the pockets of their donors with Special Interest tax breaks and fat government contracts has been the politicians bread-and-butter since the 60's when Ike warned us of the growing Military Industrial Congressional Complex.

All politicians of all parties need to be stripped of the power to spend beyond what they are willing to collect from their current constituents. Anything less is a band-aid on a broken bone.

President Jimmy Carter: Added $299 billion, a 43% increase to the $699 billion debt level at the end of Ford's last budget, FY 1977.

FY 1981 - $90 billion.
FY 1980 - $81 billion.
FY 1979 - $55 billion.
FY 1978 - $73 billion.

President Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, 186% increase to the $998 billion debt level at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981.

FY 1989 - $255 billion.
FY 1988 - $252 billion.
FY 1987 - $225 billion.
FY 1986 - $297 billion.
FY 1985 - $256 billion.
FY 1984 - $195 billion.
FY 1983 - $235 billion.
FY 1982 - $144 billion

US Debt by President

in 5 years obama has added 7 trillion to the debt. by the time he leaves office, he will have added more to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED.

:lmao:

They're ALL spendaholics!

Borrowing money from the future to line the pockets of their donors with Special Interest tax breaks and fat government contracts has been the politicians bread-and-butter since the 60's when Ike warned us of the growing Military Industrial Congressional Complex.

All politicians of all parties need to be stripped of the power to spend beyond what they are willing to collect from their current constituents. Anything less is a band-aid on a broken bone.

We agree. We need a balanced budget amendment with some teeth in it.

I was only responding to the previous idiot poster who claimed that only republicans added to the debt.

horseshit--15% of the govt was shut down and no one noticed (unless you wanted to visit a national monument or park)

There was NEVER any chance of the USA defaulting on its debt. That is nothing but a dem/lib talking point lie.

Considering that what Newt Gingrich and other republican stratigists had to say on this mornings ABC Roundtable, I'm going to say that it must be a repub/rino talking point lie too.

Considering that what Newt Gingrich and other republican stratigists had to say on this mornings ABC Roundtable, I'm going to say that it must be a repub/rino talking point lie too.

could be. did Newt say we were going to default on the debt? Because if he did, he was lying.

could be. did Newt say we were going to default on the debt? Because if he did, he was lying.

They said FEAR of default took some of the wind out of the extremist sails along with some support for the T-party agenda, leading to the agreement between Ryan and Murray specifically, and the stones Boehner showed in his chastisement of the far right when bringing the bill to the floor for a vote.

Obviously nobody said we were going to default, because we didn't.

That's loony tunes.

When it comes to the Jimmeh, :eusa_angel: One cannot call me a fan at the time. History
though shows you what you missed on the A days and B days and all I ask is don't make me turn him into an angel.

I'm with you. Jimmy brought the D party back to centrist Democrats as I have known them all my life.

He dealt with shit that would make Obama pale and I really do mean it that way. The crap on Carter's plate. AYE CARUMBA!

I really think he's been dealt a hard hand in polls because those of us who remember those days view him harshly.

But I look at the man and the times and wonder how did he do it? He had the worst handed him on a plate.

He did the best he could. I believe that with all my heart.

Yet all of that changed once Reagan took control.

Why is that?

Reagan was a traitor to America and an asshole.

He got this whole "Hate the American Government" ball rolling.

I am an atheist, but I hope demons are puncturing his eyes while he simmers in a vat of boiling oil.

They said FEAR of default took some of the wind out of the extremist sails along with some support for the T-party agenda, leading to the agreement between Ryan and Murray specifically, and the stones Boehner showed in his chastisement of the far right when bringing the bill to the floor for a vote.

Obviously nobody said we were going to default, because we didn't.

The S&P Degraded the ratings on US bonds for the first time in history thanks to conservative shenanigans.

They seriously don't deserve this country.

FY 1981 - $90 billion.
FY 1980 - $81 billion.
FY 1979 - $55 billion.
FY 1978 - $73 billion.

FY 1989 - $255 billion.
FY 1988 - $252 billion.
FY 1987 - $225 billion.
FY 1986 - $297 billion.
FY 1985 - $256 billion.
FY 1984 - $195 billion.
FY 1983 - $235 billion.
FY 1982 - $144 billion

US Debt by President

Problem with that boyo..is the "debt" you speak of was really added by Bush.

Obama's just paying the tab.

[

I am an atheist, but I hope demons are puncturing his eyes while he simmers in a vat of boiling oil.

What got the whole "Hate the Government" ball rolling was government doing things it shouldn't be doing.

I consider myself pretty liberal these days and I think there are some things the government should do because the private sector can't or won't.

That said, I can really see the people who see government overreach being upset about it.

[

What got the whole "Hate the Government" ball rolling was government doing things it shouldn't be doing.

I consider myself pretty liberal these days and I think there are some things the government should do because the private sector can't or won't.

That said, I can really see the people who see government overreach being upset about it.

The "Hate the government" meme harkens back to the civil war. And what those folks thought the government "shouldn't be doing" is telling them whether or not they could own folks.

It quite possibly goes back further..like to the Whiskey Rebellion.

And it's the same folks...too.

[

The "Hate the government" meme harkens back to the civil war. And what those folks thought the government "shouldn't be doing" is telling them whether or not they could own folks.

you guys are sick. Wanting smaller more efficient government is not 'hating the government'. you fools need some new material.

[

you guys are sick. Wanting smaller more efficient government is not 'hating the government'. you fools need some new material.

That sensible "smaller, more efficient" government GOP died a long time ago.
True.

They haven't existed since Coolidge.

Now they're the party of "we can do big government better than the democrats can".

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist

Here are some other "great" quotes from that Conservative "hero".

Grover Norquist - Wikiquote

Let me know how this isn't hating government.

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist

Norquist is not my hero. He is an idiot. Unlike you dems and libs, all of us on the right do not follow the party talking points to the letter and swear allegiance to party over all else.

Its called thinking for yourself---you should try it sometime.

Norquist is not my hero. He is an idiot. Unlike you dems and libs, all of us on the right do not follow the party talking points to the letter and swear allegiance to party over all else.

:lol:

So who is the great Articulator* of conservative ideals?

Limbaugh? Levin? Boehner? Ryan? Reagan? Rand? Falwell? Graham? Huckabee? Palin?

Or are you guys islands unto yourselves?

You do know it's near to impossible to have a nation of people that hate government, right?

It's called anarchy.

:eusa_shhh:

:lol:

So who is the great Articulator* of conservative ideals?

Limbaugh? Levin? Boehner? Ryan? Reagan? Rand? Falwell? Graham? Huckabee? Palin?

Or are you guys islands unto yourselves?

You do know it's near to impossible to have a nation of people that hate government, right?

It's called anarchy.

:eusa_shhh:

None of the people you listed hates the government. I know thats the talking point of the week, but its not true---like 100% of your dem/lib talking points.

There isn't one person who has all the answers, or even all of the questions.

What we do know is that liberalism has failed the country. The war on poverty has increased the number of people in poverty, making citizens fiscal wards of the state is a terrible way to operate a country.

The anarchists are you leftists who want to dictate your leftard ideas on the entire country by executive order.

As usual, you have it completely backwards.

Remember two years ago when Boehner said he got 99% of what he wanted? Well, if Boehner and Ryan are so excited about this deal, I'm very suspicious of it. No taxes for the rich, no unemployment for the jobless, and $23 billion in cuts from entitlements. Sounds to me like that dumb dem **** is caving into another con fuck. My bet is the Senate will add so many amendments it won't go through the house.

It is just more of the same. All we have to do is just look 10 years down the road and see those deficits drop? See it? No? Me neither. But it sounds so good when presented against the idea of shutting down the government. At least they won't do that to us again for a while.

Kabuki theater at its finest.

It's what a plutocrat does best. Pretend.

Oh, they're gonna shut it down again in February over the debt ceiling, wasting another $30 billion or more. They'd rather waste that money than give it to the unemployed.

Here's an idea, you want to GIVE the unemployed money for NOT WORKING...give them your paychecks...

Forum List

Back