Boehner Caves....

Temporary increase in the debt ceiling.

We've done that, about a hundred times.

It hasn't cured the problem, or even helped it a little bit - the problem has only gotten worse.

Time to try something else.

Hold firm, Republicans.

Um, President Clinton reduced deficit spending, George W. Bush increased it by cutting taxes and invading Iraq.

It really is that simple.

Obama's spending has been productive and will pay dividends into the future, much as IKE's highway project continues to do.

We are looking into the abyss nowB], if the Republicans hold firm nothing good can happen.

Here is the abyss you refer too and the Republicans had nothing to do with it. And only companies still in business pay dividends.

So far, 36 companies that were offered federal support from taxpayers are faltering — either having gone bankrupt or laying off workers or heading for bankruptcy. This list includes only those companies that received federal money from the Obama Administration’s Department of Energy and other agencies. The amount of money indicated does not reflect how much was actually received or spent but how much was offered. The amount also does not include other state, local, and federal tax credits and subsidies, which push the amount of money these companies have received from taxpayers even higher.
The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:
Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Schneider Electric ($86 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)

On edit: Ike paid for the Interstate Hwy System. Congress provided revenues from the federal gasoline tax to provide 90 percent of the cost of the construction of the interstates with the states picking up the remaining 10 percent.

Last edited:
Temporary increase in the debt ceiling.

We've done that, about a hundred times.

It hasn't cured the problem, or even helped it a little bit - the problem has only gotten worse.

Time to try something else.

Hold firm, Republicans.

Um, President Clinton reduced deficit spending, George W. Bush increased it by cutting taxes and invading Iraq.

It really is that simple.

Obama's spending has been productive and will pay dividends into the future, much as IKE's highway project continues to do.

We are looking into the abyss now, if the Republicans hold firm nothing good can happen.

Don't be so negative. If Republicans hold firm, the extremists that now make up the GOP will be relegated back to where their kind originally came from befoe they buffaloed their way into the US House of Representatives because they took over the GOP party apparatus in a number of states. They'll be on street corners with bull horns and printing up flyers in their basements to stick under people's windshields in grocery store parking lots.

Are you really this stupid? The vast majority of the country wants the government reopened.

My god. The stupidity of this forum has no bounds.

The government can be reopened just fine with a delay of one year of mandatory ACA for the rest of the Americans that didn't support or contribute to Obama. He already gave all of them a pass, even though it is a TAX law that needs to be repealed or amended by the Congress before the train wreck starts.

Yep. Doesn't make a damned bit if sense to me. That thug in the White House gave employers an extra year to "prepare" for the "change" - in direct violation of the law that the communists voted in - but won't give the 18-20 million jag offs that don't have insurance an extra year to see how this royal mess shakes out.

Why? those 18-20 million are fools. He wants them signed up and paying for nothing before they figure out that this is nothing more than a racket foisted on us by the communist left.

You’re confusing implantation with legislation.

Presidents are at liberty to interpret and implement Federal law in good faith. And if you believe the president is failing to interpret or implement the law in a manner consistent with Congress’ original intent, you’re free to file suit in Federal court challenging the president’s actions.

Moreover, if you believe the decision concerning employers was wrong and represents an improper implementation of the ACA, then so too would delaying the IM absent Congress amending the Act authorizing such a delay.

Last, what the president does or doesn’t do concerning the implementation of the ACA has absolutely nothing to do with funding the government or its possible default whatsoever, where it’s fundamentally wrong and irresponsible for House republicans to hold the country hostage with threats of allowing a default to indeed occur.

Boehner Caves....

There is nothing to "negotiate" on the Affordable Health Care Act. It is the law of the land. America doesn't negotiate with terrorists. Attempting to hold the country hostage to gain idiological objectives is terrorism plain and simple.

That does mean something now that you mention it. You and Boehner are that to the teaparty. Hope you like yourself in that capacity.

Obama "taking a hard line here" shows your ignorance. The only "Hard Line" the thug is taking is on the families of dead veterans. It is KILLING him in the polls (if you follow those stupid things). He isn't hurting me - I sincerely doubt that you have taken your giant poster of Barry down from your bedroom wall yet - and the only other "hurt" that this poseur is doing is to veterans wanting to visit outdoor memorials.

Your boy is a joke. Has been from day one. "It's unpatriotic to raise the debt ceiling and put that on our children and our children's children". Yep. that's YOUR BOY. A two-faced thug.

You know during my time here at usmb, I notice that people like you who think they are smarter than everyone else, think that they are so right about everything, kind of take longer and longer in an attempt to make a point during a discussion.

Nice talking points but you are making less sense and taking longer to come back with any semblance of lucidity.

"Semblance of lucidity" - wow.....Well, I AM 69 - so I assume that it can be perceived that I am somewhat "old and worn out", However - I have a different take on that:

I have been there and done that a hundred times. I have seen folks like you all my life. You're a "do gooder" who thinks the world "needs" you. As well, being black my entire life, I have had occasion to see thugs like Obama, Sharpton and Jackson come down the pike many, many times. They may be running a game on you - but it doesn't work on me.

And I, in no way, think that I am smarter than everyone else here. Just smarter than you.

Look, I get it. You're enamored with Barry, I get it. Hell, Ronnie Reagan was my hero.

Here, I'll make this simple...Ronnie Reagan = Good for America. Barry Obama = Bad for America.

The government can be reopened just fine with a delay of one year of mandatory ACA for the rest of the Americans that didn't support or contribute to Obama. He already gave all of them a pass, even though it is a TAX law that needs to be repealed or amended by the Congress before the train wreck starts.

Yep. Doesn't make a damned bit if sense to me. That thug in the White House gave employers an extra year to "prepare" for the "change" - in direct violation of the law that the communists voted in - but won't give the 18-20 million jag offs that don't have insurance an extra year to see how this royal mess shakes out.

Why? those 18-20 million are fools. He wants them signed up and paying for nothing before they figure out that this is nothing more than a racket foisted on us by the communist left.

Presidents are at liberty to interpret and implement Federal law in good faith. And if you believe the president is failing to interpret or implement the law in a manner consistent with Congress’ original intent, you’re free to file suit in Federal court challenging the president’s actions.
Moreover, if you believe the decision concerning employers was wrong and represents an improper implementation of the ACA, then so too would delaying the IM absent Congress amending the Act authorizing such a delay.

Last, what the president does or doesn’t do concerning the implementation of the ACA has absolutely nothing to do with funding the government or its possible default whatsoever, where it’s fundamentally wrong and irresponsible for House republicans to hold the country hostage with threats of allowing a default to indeed occur.

Aside from taking 5 or 10 years in court and making a couple of hundred lawyers millionaires, what would be the point? By then the train wreck called ACA is all over and Obama is gone from the scene.

Boehner hasn't caved on anything. He's still allowing the govt to be shut down over Obamacare. He's trying to flip the ire of biz onto Obama by saying "OK we won't destroy the economy for six weeks while we try to blame Obama for us shutting down the govt."

There's really no way to negotiate with boehner, because he already broke his word on the initial cr deal that didn't hinge on obamacare. Obama's only option seems to be to deal directly with Ryan to try and do a deal on overall longterm spending on HC.

Obama "taking a hard line here" shows your ignorance. The only "Hard Line" the thug is taking is on the families of dead veterans. It is KILLING him in the polls (if you follow those stupid things). He isn't hurting me - I sincerely doubt that you have taken your giant poster of Barry down from your bedroom wall yet - and the only other "hurt" that this poseur is doing is to veterans wanting to visit outdoor memorials.

Your boy is a joke. Has been from day one. "It's unpatriotic to raise the debt ceiling and put that on our children and our children's children". Yep. that's YOUR BOY. A two-faced thug.

You know during my time here at usmb, I notice that people like you who think they are smarter than everyone else, think that they are so right about everything, kind of take longer and longer in an attempt to make a point during a discussion.

Nice talking points but you are making less sense and taking longer to come back with any semblance of lucidity.

"Semblance of lucidity" - wow.....Well, I AM 69 - so I assume that it can be perceived that I am somewhat "old and worn out", However - I have a different take on that:

I have been there and done that a hundred times. I have seen folks like you all my life. You're a "do gooder" who thinks the world "needs" you. As well, being black my entire life, I have had occasion to see thugs like Obama, Sharpton and Jackson come down the pike many, many times. They may be running a game on you - but it doesn't work on me.

And I, in no way, think that I am smarter than everyone else here. Just smarter than you.

Look, I get it. You're enamored with Barry, I get it. Hell, Ronnie Reagan was my hero.

Here, I'll make this simple...Ronnie Reagan = Good for America. Barry Obama = Bad for America.

Ok, old phart. If you can live with your delusions...

:lol:

Thank you paralegal.

I take a much easier way around your legalese. "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".

As I understand it, there haven't been a lot of fools to sign up for this crap anyway...doesn't change the fact this mess should have NEVER have been rolled out in the first place.

It is yet another prime example of the government in action : complete impotence.

Aside from taking 5 or 10 years in court and making a couple of hundred lawyers millionaires, what would be the point? By then the train wreck called ACA is all over and Obama is gone from the scene.

And I think that is the point in it's entirety. They want as many people signed up and paying for nothing so that (in my opinion) it will be next to impossible to reverse the law. People paying into this "game" (at least I believe) would have to be dealt with in any attempt to overrule the government's plan.

Granted, I could be wrong - but there seems to be undue haste here to get this thing "operating". It would be nothing to wait a year or 18 months or whatever, but since we are talking about Barry here - I sense there is an underlying reason for his "no negotiating" stance on this mess.

Boehner hasn't caved on anything. He's still allowing the govt to be shut down over Obamacare. He's trying to flip the ire of biz onto Obama by saying "OK we won't destroy the economy for six weeks while we try to blame Obama for us shutting down the govt."

There's really no way to negotiate with boehner, because he already broke his word on the initial cr deal that didn't hinge on obamacare. Obama's only option seems to be to deal directly with Ryan to try and do a deal on overall longterm spending on HC.

Look, the mere fact that the House voted 425 to 0 to return the funding of death benefits for survivors of veterans and they aren't SURE that Reid will allow it to go forward tells me all I need to know about these thugs.

This should be a no brainer. Does Barry or Harry care? Well, the American people say "no". 37% job approval and dropping fast. This thing has turned. Americans are sick to death of the Senate and the President.

Just to keep the truth out there despite the assigned talking points you guys keep using. . . l

Boehner and the Republicans did NOT shut down the government. They have passed four bills now fully funding the government EXCEPT for Obamacare which they want to postpone for a year or deal with as a separate issue. And they have passed numerous smaller bills to restore funding to this or that. They are doing their jobl.

So it is Obama and the Senate Democrats who are holding the government hostage over Obamacare. They refuse to negotiate or compromise a single inch. For them, it is the GOP surrenders unconditionally or the government will be shut down.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- GOP aides say House Speaker John Boehner will ask House Republicans to approve a short-term extension of the government's ability to borrow to meet its bills.

The Ohio Republican is slated to urge his staunchly conservative GOP colleagues to act before the government runs out of borrowing authority next week.

Republicans have been insistent that budget cuts and other measures be added to the so-called debt ceiling legislation but the aides wouldn't say whether he'll seek to add other material to the measure.

The aides required anonymity to reveal the information before Boehner makes an announcement after a closed-door meeting with his GOP colleagues.

News from The Associated Press

BREAKING NEWS, 11:31: House Republican leaders say they will offer a bill authorizing a temporary increase in the debt ceiling, in exchange for discussions on reopening the government, funding the budget. The bill would avoid a looming, potentially disastrous federal government default. But it would not end the 10-day-old government shutdown, as the White House has demanded.

More:

House GOP pushes plan to raise debt ceiling; Jack Lew warns against default - The Washington Post

I thought they were not going to stop until they got rid of Obamacare.

What happened?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- GOP aides say House Speaker John Boehner will ask House Republicans to approve a short-term extension of the government's ability to borrow to meet its bills.

The Ohio Republican is slated to urge his staunchly conservative GOP colleagues to act before the government runs out of borrowing authority next week.

Republicans have been insistent that budget cuts and other measures be added to the so-called debt ceiling legislation but the aides wouldn't say whether he'll seek to add other material to the measure.

The aides required anonymity to reveal the information before Boehner makes an announcement after a closed-door meeting with his GOP colleagues.

News from The Associated Press

BREAKING NEWS, 11:31: House Republican leaders say they will offer a bill authorizing a temporary increase in the debt ceiling, in exchange for discussions on reopening the government, funding the budget. The bill would avoid a looming, potentially disastrous federal government default. But it would not end the 10-day-old government shutdown, as the White House has demanded.

More:

House GOP pushes plan to raise debt ceiling; Jack Lew warns against default - The Washington Post

I thought they were not going to stop until they got rid of Obamacare.

What happened?

I think that's the question, and asking the right question is the intellgent thing to do. LOL

The tea Party which has been steering the republican party for the last few years fail to understand just who is paying the bills at the Republican headquarters. Those people are the businesses of America, and they are pissed:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/us/business-groups-see-loss-of-sway-over-house-gop.html?_r=0

They want their party back, and they are going to take it back. They are even prepared to start financing primary challanges to tea party folks.

When money talks, the tea party walks. It is all but over, folks. When the party starts to have to make a choice between General Electric and Michelle Bachmann.... well, you get the drift.

Business will have no trouble crushing forty TeaPs in the primaries next year.

It seems that our nutters here are very concerned with optics. How Obama will look if Boehner does this.....or that.

Shitty approach.

The bills need to be paid. The government needs to be opened.

Those are not bargaining chips.

Fuck.

The tea Party which has been steering the republican party for the last few years fail to understand just who is paying the bills at the Republican headquarters. Those people are the businesses of America, and they are pissed:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/us/business-groups-see-loss-of-sway-over-house-gop.html?_r=0

They want their party back, and they are going to take it back. They are even prepared to start financing primary challanges to tea party folks.

When money talks, the tea party walks. It is all but over, folks. When the party starts to have to make a choice between General Electric and Michelle Bachmann.... well, you get the drift.

I read this today:

Glenn Beck Reveals a Story He Hasn?t Been Able to Share for Over a Year | TheBlaze.com

The republican party is undergoing massive changes - not unlike the democrat party (whose leadership now embraces communism).

The republican party was founded on a few basic principles - small government - low taxes and increased personal freedom. I left them after Reagan left office and I became an Independent. Why? Because, not unlike the democrat party, the republican party was co-opted by a group that didn't believe in nor did they practice the principles that the party was founded upon. Today - the "Old Guard: of republicans are made up of clowns like McCain. Nothing more than clowns.

There is virtually no difference between the (R) and the (D) any longer. It's shameful. However, the biggest loser here isn't the clowns in DC - it's Americans. These "power plays" are nothing more than a "turf grab" by different groups who are looking to expand their "territory". Hell, not unlike the "Crips" and the "Bloods".

If the republican party eats itself and it's young, so be it. The dems have already succumbed to the limp wristed "social justice" bigots who pray to Stalin each night. They purged all the common sense democrats from their ranks years ago. Why would the republicans be any different now?

Forum List

Back