Boehner Caves....

Tell me which president has refused to negotiate like Obama has? The House is in control by the Republicans. That means you can't get your way all the time and you do have to negotiate when you have situations like this.

You never seen this with former presidents

Obama has only refused to negotiate over the government functioning. Obama has sais all along he is open to negotiation and compromise once the GOP moves away from the imbecillic Tea Party demands.

Nuance and context is everything.

Proof of concept: GOP has caved in. Obama has saved is all from Tea Party dystopian future

Yes. And the President should NOT have negotiated the budget/shutdown. He held his ground as he should have.

However, he needed to negotiate the debt limit increase. Anytime you increase a debt limit, if there is an opposing party it will be met with negotiations.

However, seems Boehner back-doored him.

He decided to give the president the debt ceiling increase.....and puts the President now in total control of the shutdown.

Will be interesting to see how this ploy pans out.

It will be good for one of the parties....but all is bad for Americans.

Tell me which president has refused to negotiate like Obama has? The House is in control by the Republicans. That means you can't get your way all the time and you do have to negotiate when you have situations like this.

Obama has only refused to negotiate over the government functioning. Obama has sais all along he is open to negotiation and compromise once the GOP moves away from the imbecillic Tea Party demands.

Proof of concept: GOP has caved in. Obama has saved is all from Tea Party dystopian future

You think the teaparty is going to give up their power that easily? I wish they would go away and never return but I don't see it happening. Their rise to power should never have happened.

Obama has already said he would negotiate but not around a shutdown or default threat. This is not how it works. If Boehner wants to bend to Teaparty demands, he can do so. It will hurt him and is hurting him. Obama is not going to offer up his power to anyone.

We have the WH and the Senate, why would Democrats give anything up to Boehner? He'd better go to this meeting ready to work.

At some point they are going to have to deal with the fact that they are the minority and they asre not going to call all the shots.

It cracks me up when I hear someone say "Obama won't work with us" just because Obama won't pretend that McCain or Romney won.

Last edited:
You don't get to hold the debt limit as "compromising" it's something that has to be done. If you withhold the debt limit for demands then that's straight up extortion.

Like I said....you have no idea what goes on in Washington.

Raising the debt limit is not like shutting down the government.

The debt limit is called "the debt limit" for a reason....because it was an agreed upon number by the house and the President to NOT EXCEED...

Well, if a President finds that his agenda forced it to go higher and the house believes it cant go higher, there must be a compromise.

Wisen up sparky....you are not as knowledgeable as you think you are.

Hey Spanky, pull up your shit-stained pants and list the times a Congress refused a raise in the debt ceiling. :eusa_whistle:

Never.

But there have always been discussions......

When was the last time we had a 17 trillion dollar debt?

You think the teaparty is going to give up their power that easily? I wish they would go away and never return but I don't see it happening. Their rise to power should never have happened.

The Tea Party doesn't have the power to accomplish anything ... they only have the power to disrupt.... just like all terrorist organizations.

They should hold these so called negotiations in the open. People would be glued to their television screens and there would be no way anybody could spin the bullshit.

The discussions and debates on the framing of tbe US Constitution were held behind closed doors and no transcripts were kept. :eusa_whistle:

It is commonly recognized that this type of representative government/meeting allowed for honest and open exchanges of and changes in views and opinions.

Like the framers, Dante believes certain things of great importance need to be worked out ahead of time before being brought before 'the mob'

Last edited:

The Tea Party has no power.
They have representation....just as many groups have representation.

Why you guys fall for that "Tea Party taking hostages" crap is beyond me.

I guess it makes you feel good.

Me? I am afraid of no group of people. I respect their sentiments and wish them luck achieving their goals.

Jeez...you folks need to learn how to not worry about how other folks may harm you.

007: may I suggest decafe

The apoplectic profanity clearly indicates that my statement is true enough to hit a nerve.

hmmmmmmm

They should hold these so called negotiations in the open. People would be glued to their television screens and there would be no way anybody could spin the bullshit.

The discussions and debates on the founding of tbe US Constitution were held behind closed doors and no transcripts were kept. :eusa_whistle:

It is commonly recognized that this type of representative government/meeting allowed for honest and open exchanges of and changes in views and opinions

True - do we want performances of posturing and sound bites? Cause that's exactly what we'd get and I'm guessing .... no movement.

Why would you call it a 'cave' Athena?

It's just a 'cease fire' nothing else.

it is neither.

He did the math.

He realized that the debt ceiling situation was going to be a disaster for the GOP while he ALSO saw the shutdown trending toward an Obama issue.

So what did he do?

Cleared himself of the debt ceiling issue while forcing Obama to do something about the shutdown.

I say he played his cards perfectly.

Bingo. The ball is now in Reids court. Lets see what he and Barry do.

so he blinked first and now the dems know they can hold out period for everything they want. Boner knows the public is against his party more and thus needed to act.

The apoplectic profanity clearly indicates that my statement is true enough to hit a nerve.

hmmmmmmm

Written by a poster who refers to a group of people he disagrees with as "terrorists".

You should be ashamed of yourself.

But, alas, you wont...because you are the "one who is right".

Pathetic.

so he blinked first and now the dems know they can hold out period for everything they want. Boner knows the public is against his party more and thus needed to act.

Only an immature poster feels the need to play with the name of a legislator to form the word "Boner".

The Tea Party has no power.
They have representation....just as many groups have representation.

Why you guys fall for that "Tea Party taking hostages" crap is beyond me.

I guess it makes you feel good.

Me? I am afraid of no group of people. I respect their sentiments and wish them luck achieving their goals.

Jeez...you folks need to learn how to not worry about how other folks may harm you.

They're not harming Democrats, Boehner is allowing them to dictate how he proceeds as Speaker. They have a hold on him.

I want Republicans to take their power back and become strong once again but they seem helpless to do so.

hmmmmmmm

Written by a poster who refers to a group of people he disagrees with as "terrorists".

You should be ashamed of yourself.

But, alas, you wont...because you are the "one who is right".

Pathetic.

Ahhh written by a poster who makes assumptions and then argues with those assumptions rather than the facts.

Never called the Tea Party terrorists ... I said their power was equivalent to that of a terrorist organization in that they can disrupt but they cannot accomplish.

Last edited:
Obama has already said he would negotiate but not around a shutdown or default threat. This is not how it works. If Boehner wants to bend to Teaparty demands, he can do so. It will hurt him and is hurting him. Obama is not going to offer up his power to anyone.

We have the WH and the Senate, why would Democrats give anything up to Boehner? He'd better go to this meeting ready to work.

About time someone on the far left finally said it is about the power.. it is not about what is constitutional, it is not about what is best, it is not about what is affordable, and it is not about what is sustainable.. it is about POWER.... Obama has always been only about the power

Keep in mind Aqua - this is "temporary".
We will now see if Obama holds true to his word that he will sit down like an adult and negotiate.
He said he would...course, if he don't - the left will ignore it.

• He has no obligation to negotiate, under the Constitution.

• He never agreed to negotiate, he agreed to sit down and talk.

• Boehner didn't ask for any negotiations - he asked to "have a conversation". He did so 22 times with George Stephanopoulopoulous.

• President Obama (praise be unto Him!) has stated repeatedly that he will only have that conversation once the government shutdown ends and the debt limit raised - not a temporary fix that puts us back here during Christmas season.

Get your facts straight, dope.

Boehner has to listen to all the Reps. That includes those that follow the Tea Party.

They all vote and Boehner has to get ALL of them to vote as he wants.

Common Sense 101.

The discussions and debates on the founding of tbe US Constitution were held behind closed doors and no transcripts were kept. :eusa_whistle:

It is commonly recognized that this type of representative government/meeting allowed for honest and open exchanges of and changes in views and opinions

True - do we want performances of posturing and sound bites? Cause that's exactly what we'd get and I'm guessing .... no movement.

Like the framers, Dante believes certain things of great importance need to be worked out ahead of time before being brought before 'the mob'

Forum List

Back