Boehner: "Congress does have the responsibility" to reduce gun violence

Legislation will reduce gun violence how?? Criminals won't get their weapons??

He is talking as a politician does... nothing more, nothing less

I agree. How the hell can Congress reduce gun violence??

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

So unless Congress passes legislation allowing LEO'S to shoot and kill anyone committing a crime with a gun do not pass go and do not collect $200 dollars, then they are shit outta luck.

Legislatioin is just knee jerk reaction by idiots.

Are you saying Boehner's pandering to the majority? Why would a politician do that?

Holy shit! Stop the press!

We have a professional psychopath that worships at the alter of the state declaring that the state is obligated, and will endlessly attempt, to control things they neither can, nor have the authority to control.

I'm shocked, I tell you. SHOCKED.

Are you saying Boehner's pandering to the majority? Why would a politician do that?

I am saying it is lip service... because of the 'panic' that the media is helping to foster in the US populace....

Legislation is not going to change a thing in terms of violence, attacks, crimes, etc... and he knows it... as a matter of fact, even most of the left wing trolls in here know it.. they are just to brainwashed to follow whatever the far left says that they will never admit it

Seriously now backed by Poland Spring Water, just how much hot water can Boehner possibly be in at NRA, for now?!

It was not clear until after the State of the Union address: If the Cuban Refugees had finally started up with the more indigenous Hispanic sauces or not. Right after Fidel took over, the new arrivals found out that they themselves couldn't understand the Mexicans either. Many came to California, at the time still English-Speaking.

Heck, I?m Thirsty! Sen. Marco Rubio Takes A Swig During GOP Response To State Of The Union Address | Radar Online

Anyone notices just how easily Bush II, Term I, was able to go blind while reviewing the evidence for "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq. Some people are simply unable to look to the "homeland" for "Mass Destruction" means. . .and ways!

"The security of the newly freed colonies being necessary due to the existence of the Indigenous Tribes--the right of General Armstrong Custer to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed(?):" Is probably way too out of date any more.

Now there is hot sauce---and now it is everywhere, even on TV--or at least the evidence of it(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Talk about a sneaky product endorsement, at the public expense--and even online, and in with twitter feeds to boot!)

Last edited:
Boehner: "Congress does have the responsibility" to reduce gun violence

One day after President Obama in his State of the Union address called for sweeping gun law reform, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said he was glad families and victims of gun violence attended the address and that "Congress does have the responsibility" to "reduce that violence and the incidents of these mass shootings."

So is Boehner saying that he is willing to take on law-abiding gun owners and their 300+ million guns?

Did Boehner have tears streaming down his cheeks when he said that? :cuckoo:

Boehner is just reacting to political realities.
He is tired of the GOP being on the wrong side of public opinion.

If the GOP stonewalls even the smallest of measures, they will pay yet again at the ballot box.

I'm guessing the GOP will support wider requirements on background checks, and well as some inventory requirements and a sales database. I do not think they will support banning any weapons, or clips.

A full 91% of all poll respondents said they favor requiring background checks on ALL gun purchases.

You are not going to be able to survive bucking those numbers.

Even bucking numbers like the 59% who favor the ban on high-capacity magazines is tough for a party that is reeling because they've been labeled as out of touch with America.

If the GOP stonewalls even the smallest of measures, they will pay yet again at the ballot box.

I'm guessing the GOP will support wider requirements on background checks, and well as some inventory requirements and a sales database. I do not think they will support banning any weapons, or clips.

Did you see the Bing opinions during the speech, they were at the lowest during his little gun control section by republicans, independent and dems.

Did you see the Bing opinions during the speech, they were at the lowest during his little gun control section by republicans, independent and dems.

I've seen plenty of polling data.

Of course you have, any pollster can fashion questions to get the desired results, it's those pesky little details that won't be supported.

Of course you have, any pollster can fashion questions to get the desired results, it's those pesky little details that won't be supported.

So the polls are "skewed" huh?

How'd that work out for ya last time?

Forum List

Back