Boehner to sue Obama

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Boehner plans to file suit against Obama over alleged abuse of executive power | Fox News

Crybaby Boehner can't accomplish a thing in the House but plans to sue Obama for trying to do his job

The speaker alleged that the president not only has ignored the law but "brags about it," decrying what he described as "arrogance and incompetence."

Boehner had been weighing such a lawsuit in recent days, over concerns that Obama exceeded his constitutional authority with executive actions. Republicans have voiced frustration with Obama's second-term "pen and phone" strategy of pursuing policy changes without Congress -- particularly environmental rules via the Environmental Protection Agency. Republicans also complained about numerous unilateral changes to the implementation of ObamaCare.

Last edited:
Why waste the time, money, and effort of a lawsuit. If Boehner thinks he has enough for a lawsuit, just initiate the impeachment process.

Tell Boehner to do it before the 2014 election

Democrats need the votes

Why waste the time, money, and effort of a lawsuit. If Boehner thinks he has enough for a lawsuit, just initiate the impeachment process.

Because it's the smart way to reign in the abuse of power.. I listed an article just yesterday about this written in the American Thinker I believe.. It will bring the showdown before the Courts of the Judicial Branch V/s the Executive and Separation of Powers.. He is actually doing something smart for once.

BoehnerJohnCrying1.jpg

Go for it, Boner!

Democrats are asking for Hillary's support in November, not Obama's. Not sure if that is going to help given Hillary's continuing difficulties:

"Facing a potential Republican surge at November’s midterm elections, Democratic candidates are clamoring for Hillary Clinton to join them on the campaign trail."

Democrats clamoring for Hillary Clinton as midterms campaigner | Reuters

There is desperation and a real need on the part of Democrats to use Boehner or whatever or whoever else can be used to try and divert attention from the real problem for Democrats ...... Obama. :lol:

Just a symptom of our excessively litigious society, you know, the one conservatives used to complain about.

hypocrisy - do they think it's hard to spot?????

So every lawsuit filed is an example of hypocrisy? How dumb are you?

In fact Obama has not been doing his job. His job is to execute faithfully all the laws of the United States. He has manifestly not been doing that, picking and choosing which laws he wants, declaring some unconstitutional and instructing the bureaucracy to ignore others. It is a gross breach of power.

Why doesn't the Weeping Cheeto just go ahead and draw up Articles of Impeachment instead?........no balls!

Why do you care? Conservatives have decided to handle your THUG President in a manner that's wise. :) Don't like it?? Tough shit.

Just a symptom of our excessively litigious society, you know, the one conservatives used to complain about.

hypocrisy - do they think it's hard to spot?????

So every lawsuit filed is an example of hypocrisy? How dumb are you?

In fact Obama has not been doing his job. His job is to execute faithfully all the laws of the United States. He has manifestly not been doing that, picking and choosing which laws he wants, declaring some unconstitutional and instructing the bureaucracy to ignore others. It is a gross breach of power.

A frivolous lawsuit is a frivolous lawsuit.

No matter who files it.

I do believe Obama has crossed over the line with his suspensions and delays of legal deadlines which were enacted by Congress. But defining the exact amount of latitude a President should have in these matters is going to be very, very difficult.

Going after Executive Orders and other executive actions is an extremely hazardous gambit. Boehner better think before he leaps and lands on a mine.

His lawsuit needs to be very specific about what actions he has a grievance against, and he best be prepared to provide very specific limitations he expects the Executive to have, because if the court decision comes down in his favor, it will affect the future behavior of every President, and the GOP might just be doing its usual hypocritical whining when their guy wants to do the same things.

A decision in Boehner's favor will certainly embed gridlock even deeper than ever.

I would proceed with extreme caution.

Why doesn't the Weeping Cheeto just go ahead and draw up Articles of Impeachment instead?........no balls!

Why do you care? Conservatives have decided to handle your THUG President in a manner that's wise. :) Don't like it?? Tough shit.

Like all things Boehner, nothing will come of this.

As for Articles of Impeachment......now show 'em if you got 'em.

I do believe Obama has crossed over the line with his suspensions and delays of legal deadlines which were enacted by Congress. But defining the exact amount of latitude a President should have in these matters is going to be very, very difficult.

Going after Executive Orders and other executive actions is an extremely hazardous gambit. Boehner better think before he leaps and lands on a mine.

His lawsuit needs to be very specific about what actions he has a grievance against, and he best be prepared to provide very specific limitations he expects the Executive to have, because if the court decision comes down in his favor, it will affect the future behavior of every President, and the GOP might just be doing its usual hypocritical whining when their guy wants to do the same things.

A decision in Boehner's favor will certainly embed gridlock even deeper than ever.

I dont recall you offering the same caveats when Democrats did away with the filibuster.

Boehner plans to file suit against Obama over alleged abuse of executive power | Fox News

Crybaby Boehner can't accomplish a thing in the House but plans to sue Obama for trying to do his job

The speaker alleged that the president not only has ignored the law but "brags about it," decrying what he described as "arrogance and incompetence."

Boehner had been weighing such a lawsuit in recent days, over concerns that Obama exceeded his constitutional authority with executive actions. Republicans have voiced frustration with Obama's second-term "pen and phone" strategy of pursuing policy changes without Congress -- particularly environmental rules via the Environmental Protection Agency. Republicans also complained about numerous unilateral changes to the implementation of ObamaCare.

the poor dear is desperate. I think he might even start to cry

I dont recall you offering the same caveats when Democrats did away with the filibuster.

I actually pointed out that both parties held identically opposite opinions than they do now when the shoe was on the other foot.

Forum List

Back