Bombshell study concludes there is no evidence for anthropogenic climate change...

I'm no climatologist but I went to Iceland and saw for myself how much the glaciers there have retreated. That water went somewhere and that shrinking glaciers and ice sheets have been the trend globally for years. If sea level rises it will be a global disaster and waiting for it to happen means we'll suffer the full force of it.

If we can do reasonable things to mitigate this scenario, I have no idea what they are, it seems like something my grandkids might appreciate.

The consensus is that most of sea level rise is due to thermal expansion ... and you can calculate that yourself ... mountain glaciers don't contain all that much water ... compared to all the oceans put together ... and it is known that it's ice sheet melting that contributes to overall rise ... and this is less than 2 feet by year 2100 ... {Cite} ... so, a child born today would be 77 years-old, so great-great-grandchildren ... and two lousy feet is nothing ... be real my friend, your great-great-grandchildren will not remember your name ...

Glaciers are a nuisance ... glad to see them gone ... especially since we'll all get two weeks longer growing season ... which is humane? ...

The Earth's climate is easily looked up. But I bet you consider yourself an expert because you have looked it up

No it's not ... that's junior-level in college type of material ... and you'll need to be concurrent with LinAlgebra ...

I'm not a expert, but I can look up the degree program in a college course catalog ... see? ... LinAlgebra ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... yes, got an "A" in LinAlgebra, how'd'ya guess? ...

The consensus is that most of sea level rise is due to thermal expansion ... and you can calculate that yourself ... mountain glaciers don't contain all that much water ... compared to all the oceans put together ... and it is known that it's ice sheet melting that contributes to overall rise ... and this is less than 2 feet by year 2100 ... {Cite} ... so, a child born today would be 77 years-old, so great-great-grandchildren ... and two lousy feet is nothing ... be real my friend, your great-great-grandchildren will not remember your name ...

Glaciers are a nuisance ... glad to see them gone ... especially since we'll all get two weeks longer growing season ... which is humane? ...
The loss of the Pine Island Glacier would raise global sea levels by 1.6 feet. The loss of the Thwaites Glacier would raise sea levels by 10 feet.

US cities that would be flooded by a ten foot increase in sea level:

CITY - - - - - - - - - POPULATION
1.New York City 703,000
2.New Orleans 342,000
3.Miami 275,000
4.Hialeah, FL 224,000
5.Virginia Beach 195,000
6.Fort Lauderdale 160,00
7.Norfolk 157,000
8.Stockton, CA 142,000
9.Metairie, LA 138,000
10.Hollywood, FL 126,000

SUM 2,462,000

Last edited:
even brittanica dot com gets it:

Yeah, and the
This is the internet doc, everyone here has a Ph.D. Not every science is 'hard' or easily quantifiable. It is a challenge. But if sea level rises, for whatever reason, that is 'hard'.

Wrong. There are hard sciences, also known as exact, and there are soft sciences, also known as inexact.

Sea level has probably not risen to any great degree in 100 years. Photographic evidence from locations worldwide prove that.

So carbon in the atmosphere has no effect on climate? I thought you were a geologist, not a climatologist?

No, it provably doesn't. The amount of CO2 is so vanishingly small that whatever effect it may have had is completely overwhelmed by water vapor which is by far the primary GHG.

not really? I don't play climate scientist online or off. I do read up on whatever the scientific consensus is. And yes, there is such a thing

Have you bothered to read up on the failure rate of consensus science?

It's really, really high.

Would you be in favor of more nuclear or not?
Not In My Back Yard

It scares the shit out of me. I sometimes stayed at a home nearby one. I had nightmares

There were sirens in the neighborhood. My friends told me 'don't worry' -- I replied "When they go off, it's already to late"

No it's not ... that's junior-level in college type of material ... and you'll need to be concurrent with LinAlgebra ...

I'm not a expert, but I can look up the degree program in a college course catalog ... see? ... LinAlgebra ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... yes, got an "A" in LinAlgebra, how'd'ya guess? ...
I go with what NASA says. Not some student magazines and info LOL

The loss of the Pine Island Glacier would raise global sea levels by 1.6 feet. The loss of the Thwaites Glacier would raise sea levels by 10 feet.

US cities that would be flooded by a ten foot increase in sea level:

CITY - - - - - - - - - POPULATION
1.New York City 703,000
2.New Orleans 342,000
3.Miami 275,000
4.Hialeah, FL 224,000
5.Virginia Beach 195,000
6.Fort Lauderdale 160,00
7.Norfolk 157,000
8.Stockton, CA 142,000
9.Metairie, LA 138,000
10.Hollywood, FL 126,000

SUM 2,462,000
Then that would mean the sea would only need to rise another 16 ft on top of that 10 ft to equal the sea level rise of the previous interglacial period.

Forum List

Back