🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Booker T. Washington -The Dumbest Comment A NATIONAL Black LEADER has Ever Made.

But Jackson was not guilty of that. Just because some white talk radio show person makes that claim doesn't make it so. Don't try that individual junk with me. Policies were made and they weren't made for individuals.

Uh, guy, I grew up in Chicago. I remember when Jackson came back with his bloody shirt and started a riot in 1968. My dad was so worried about riots that he showed my mom how to use a gun.

I remember him talking about spitting in white people's soup and serving it with a smile.

I remember him shaking down Budweiser, until they gave lucrative distribution contracts to two of his sons.

Then in 1984, he ran for president, probably contributed to Reagan getting re-elected and Bush the Elder getting elected because the Democrats kissed his ring.

Now, this discussion is about Washingtons comment, not some white radio race hustlers opinion of Jackson. I have read up on Washington, that's why I say what I do. The black accomodationist strategy has never worked. Men like Washington, Moton and others learned the hard way how it didn't. Washington watched black communities burn in the south and he still came up with this stupidity.

And now black people burn their own communities. Progress!!! More black people are killed in gang violence every year than were killed in 100 years of lynching.

The accommodationist strategy seems to work just fine for Asians and Latinos... how is that?

I really wish whites like you would stop assuming things. I said the comment was stupid and dangerous because that is what it has turned out to be. Washington ignored everything he lived through to buy into an internalized racism fueled belief of accomodation. His belief was to not challenge whites and perhaps one day they will respect us. Well that one day has yet to come and todays white racist uses his words as validation of their racism.

Maybe what you need to do is challenge yourselves. Don't make career criminals like George Floyd into national heroes. Yes, it was wrong he was killed the way he was, but he's not a hero, and he certainly wasn't worth burning your own communities down over.

That Atlanta Compromise came back to bite him real hard. I guess growing up when I did, I just couldn't understand black accommodationists. I still can't. And it really irks me to see whites who cannot actually stand black people trying to push accommodationists on us as role models. As Malcolm X said, and I'm paraphrasing, the white man has never settled for accommodation and the white man has never assimilated.

Really? My grandfather changed the way he pronounced his last name and called himself Louis instead of Ludwig because he was trying to assimilate. My father had to prove his loyalty to America by shooting at other Germans in World War II. I'm the last member of my family who speaks any German, and I speak it badly. Sounds like they had to a lot of accommodation to assimilate. Heck, my Dad used to get a little frustrated when he saw all these signs in Spanish going up. Nobody put up signs in German for his family.

That Atlanta Compromise came back to bite him real hard. I guess growing up when I did, I just couldn't understand black accommodationists. I still can't. And it really irks me to see whites who cannot actually stand black people trying to push accommodationists on us as role models. As Malcolm X said, and I'm paraphrasing, the white man has never settled for accommodation and the white man has never assimilated.

Even though some White immigrants from other countries had to learn the English language and assimilate in some ways, I believe that Dubois' message was that relinquishing ones rights as an equal citizen in order to be accepted was the equivalent of relinquishing ones dignity by being passive. So the path to assimilation of both races has been far different.

During Washington and Dubois' era, freedom was considered by some to just be allowed to survive and not be in capitivity, as long as you :"stayed in your place".

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Even though some White immigrants from other countries had to learn the English language and assimilate in some ways, I believe that Dubois' message was that relinquishing ones rights as an equal citizen in order to be accepted was the equivalent of relinquishing ones dignity by being passive.

Seems that if whites had really been about assimilation, they would have assimilated into the cultures of the Native nations in the places they lived.

I believe you nailed Dubois' message 100 percent.

Seems that if whites had really been about assimilation, they would have assimilated into the cultures of the Native nations in the places they lived.

To a degree, they did. Chicago comes from an Native America word for "Smelly onions". You drive around the midwest, you'll find towns with Native American Names, French Names, German names.

Today, we celebrate St. Paddy's Day, Cinco Di Mayo, Oktoberfest... even if we aren't Irish, Mexican or German.

With Native Anericans it was all about the acquisition of land, there was no intention of socially equal assimilation. The Natives were viewed as uncivilized savages, much like Africans were by Europeans.

As far as Dubois, he was many generations ahead of his time in the way that he thought. He had a unique combination of formal education and fearlessness. His critique of Washington in one of the links shows how progressive his thinking was for his era.

With Native Anericans it was all about the acquisition of land, there was no intention of socially equal assimilation. They were viewed as uncivilized savages, much like Africans were by Europeans.

As far as Dubois, he was many generations ahead of his time in the way that he thought. He had a unique combination of formal education and fearlessness. His critique of Washington in one of the links shows how progressive his thinking was for his era.
True.

And Dubois was truly ahead of his day. In doing my little project, I read a book by Frederick Hoffman titled "Race Traits of the American Negro." Then I read Dubois critque of that study and Dubois took apart Hoffmans arguments with such precision that the claim of inherent black violence made by whites should have ended in 1897. Dubois was a brilliant man.

True.

And Dubois was truly ahead of his day. In doing my little project, I read a book by Frederick Hoffman titled "Race Traits of the American Negro." Then I read Dubois critque of that study and Dubois took apart Hoffmans arguments with such precision that the claim of inherent black violence made by whites should have ended in 1897. Dubois was a brilliant man.
I've read exerpts from it. Interesting.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Uh, guy, I grew up in Chicago. I remember when Jackson came back with his bloody shirt and started a riot in 1968. My dad was so worried about riots that he showed my mom how to use a gun.

I remember him talking about spitting in white people's soup and serving it with a smile.

I remember him shaking down Budweiser, until they gave lucrative distribution contracts to two of his sons.

Then in 1984, he ran for president, probably contributed to Reagan getting re-elected and Bush the Elder getting elected because the Democrats kissed his ring.

And now black people burn their own communities. Progress!!! More black people are killed in gang violence every year than were killed in 100 years of lynching.

The accommodationist strategy seems to work just fine for Asians and Latinos... how is that?

Maybe what you need to do is challenge yourselves. Don't make career criminals like George Floyd into national heroes. Yes, it was wrong he was killed the way he was, but he's not a hero, and he certainly wasn't worth burning your own communities down over.
Joe, none of this has anything to do with the thread topic.

Joe, none of this has anything to do with the thread topic.

Um, the Thread Topic was that Booker T. Washington complained about self-serving race-mongers who benefited from perpetuating racial divisions.

Can't think of a better person that describes than "Reverend" Jackson.

Heck, I can think of dozens of people who've screwed me over in 60 years of life. I just don't go whining about it.

This thread is not about somebodys warped belief in some kind of black favoritism that does not exist. Nor is it about the white mans opinion of what blacks need to do. It is not about what Jesse Jackson claimed to have done to racist whites while growing up and it's darn sure not about a white mans opinion of who we as black people should see as heroes. This thread is about:

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”
Booker T. Washington

And the fact that his comment is perhaps the most danaging comment made as it pertains to race relations in the history of this country. If you want to rant and whine about the garbage you make up in your minds about black people get out of here and start your own thread.

Well, I haven't voted for anyone in 2022... that election hasn't happened yet.

Jesse Jackson Net worth. - 9 million

Al Sharpton net worth - 5 million.. Hasn't paid those Police officers he slandered in the Tawana Brawley case.

I think then, he's sayin that Tawana Brawley Case /w Al Sharpton is just you whining or making something up in your mind... or it isn't pertinent to the quote made by Booker T Washington. course I don't quite agree. My original question was which people in HIS time would he have been talking about in that quote, and it stands to reason that some types of people re-emerge in different generations. Just as there are certain types of racists who still exist, I'm sure charlatans who are in it for the money or position exist and might have existed back then as well.

This thread is not about somebodys warped belief in some kind of black favoritism that does not exist. Nor is it about the white mans opinion of what blacks need to do. It is not about what Jesse Jackson claimed to have done to racist whites while growing up and it's darn sure not about a white mans opinion of who we as black people should see as heroes. This thread is about:

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”
Booker T. Washington

And the fact that his comment is perhaps the most danaging comment made as it pertains to race relations in the history of this country. If you want to rant and whine about the garbage you make up in your minds about black people get out of here and start your own thread.

Well, let's try to put it into context. We don't know who SPECIFICALLY he was referring to. Probably there were people of his time who were the exact kind of characters Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are today... guys who make it all about themselves. But a lot of their names have no doubt been lost to history.

As a wise man says, history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.

I think then, he's sayin that Tawana Brawley Case /w Al Sharpton is just you whining or making something up in your mind... or it isn't pertinent to the quote made by Booker T Washington. course I don't quite agree. My original question was which people in HIS time would he have been talking about in that quote, and it stands to reason that some types of people re-emerge in different generations. Just as there are certain types of racists who still exist, I'm sure charlatans who are in it for the money or position exist and might have existed back then as well.
Yes, that would be whining. The charlatans are the white racists like Limbaugh and others whose racism you and others like you here take as the gospel truth.

The reality of that time renders Washingtons comments as idiotic. But to answer your question, he was criticizing W.E.B Dubois and members of the Niagra Movement.

Niagara Movement - Wikipedia

White race hustlers have continued to push the narrative you present. When Washington made his comment apartheid was the law of the land. So who would be making up racism to line their pockets when signs were posted up all over the places saying no blacks allowed?

The cognitive dissonance people like you possess is simply incredible. And Al Sharpton or Twanna Brawley have nothing to do with this. Because you racists point that out, but as it turns out the stuff Brawley made up was really happening in the NYPD.

And other departments.

Ask Daniel Holdsclaw.

Yes, that would be whining. The charlatans are the white racists like Limbaugh and others whose racism you and others like you here take as the gospel truth.

The reality of that time renders Washingtons comments as idiotic. But to answer your question, he was criticizing W.E.B Dubois and members of the Niagra Movement.

White race hustlers have continued to push the narrative you present. When Washington made his comment apartheid was the law of the land. So who would be making up racism to line their pockets when signs were posted up all over the places saying no blacks allowed?

The cognitive dissonance people like you possess is simply incredible. And Al Sharpton or Twanna Brawley have nothing to do with this. Because you racists point that out, but as it turns out the stuff Brawley made up was really happening in the NYPD.

And other departments.

Ask Daniel Holdsclaw.

you and others like you here take as the gospel truth.

You have no idea what I take as gospel truth. You project a lot. Thank you though for the link! it was informative.
This is an era in history I have not read much about but plan too.

As for the way Sharpton and Jackson have made a lot of their money, they are race hustlers. Sorry, Sharpton and Brawley dont help the cause of justice by faking it. especially if innocent people were accused.

And other departments.

Ask Daniel Holdsclaw.
bo snerdley didnt think rush was a racist.

you and others like you here take as the gospel truth.

You have no idea what I take as gospel truth. You project a lot. Thank you though for the link! it was informative.
This is an era in history I have not read much about but plan too.

As for the way Sharpton and Jackson have made a lot of their money, they are race hustlers. Sorry, Sharpton and Brawley dont help the cause of justice by faking it. especially if innocent people were accused.
And you had no idea what I did not know yet you made that statement. Futhermore you do repeat stuff from white race hustlers as if its gospel truth. You repeat what white race hustlers say about Sharpton and Jackson. They aren't race hustlers. Rush Limbaugh left with over 800 milliin dollars of wealth by hustling white racial grievance based on imagination. That's 80 times more wealth than Jackson has, and white racism against blacks is real. You keep talking about Sharpton and Brawley, but there have been numerous cases that were real since that time.

So like I said, you repeat trash from white race hustlers as it's gospel. I don't project. Your posts speak for themselves.

bo snerdley didnt think rush was a racist.
But 47,799,799 other blacks do. So stop trying to use 1 black person to dismiss white racists. If I use one black person scrubs like you will say that person does not speak for all blacks. So neither does Snerdley.

Forum List

Back