BOOM: DISNEY $125 Million In Employee Bonuses, Credits Tax Cuts...

I'm thrilled that Mickey Mouse and pals are going to get a break, and I am sure that it will be worth the $1.5 trillion that us taxpayers will have to absorb sooner or later.

Actually it is not even that... The Obama Economy has brought unemployment down to close to full employment.
View attachment 173247

Disney like any other organisation is now competing for employees, this is typical grand standing for attracting the better candidates. Walmart did the same thing, this is supply and demand for workers.

So these bonuses are coming out to do three things:
  • Retain there staff using the minimum wage risess
  • Attract the best possible candidates for new jobs
  • Blow smoke up Trumps ass, the guy(& supporter) is so gullible to this stuff
(un)employment rates dont tell the full story, because when you stop looking for a job, youre not counted as part of the labor force. Its best too look at labor participation rate.
Not_in_labor_force%2C_participation_rate.jpeg

Calling it the "Obama Economy" is a bit out there, considering the obstruction we had with a republican controlled congress thru most of his term.
and like Obozo did NOT betray americans as well along with them?:lmao:

Who cares? Companies weren’t doing it during the Obama Error.

Okay, well at least you admit they were doing it for headlines and PR. Additionally, their employees know that the company they work for got a whopping tax break. The big corporations who don't offer something ultimately are shamed into doing it.

It's a token gesture to appease the masses prior to the employees getting PO'd and hitting back via social media and bad word of mouth.
Why should companies need good PR on how they treat employees?

Oh yeah, Trump economy has the lowest unemployment numbers and companies are raising wages to draw people in.

Yes, you lefties do hate Americans.

Look at the graph above... Trump just hasn't managed to screw it up... But it is a Obama win...

Nice try.

Now that is funny Cowboy. To believe what Cowboy says, then you have to look at the handoff growth when they were BOTH in office.

Now Cowboy, what was the rate of growth in the 1st quarter of 2017-)

Now then, lets look BOTH backwards, and forwards from the hand off quarter, shall we-)

What do we see folks, lololol!

Cowboy is a phony baloney! If his logic was sustainable, we would see it rise in BOTH directions, and sustain there. In other words, the only way his scenario works is----------> if Obama started 1 year before that at the bottom, and it was going up, into, and including the Trump Presidency. It didn't do that! His whole deal was always around 2%. The reason it went up under Trump is CONFIDENCE! And let me make this very clear------------> It wasn't confidence that Trump was elected, but rather-------->that Obama was gone, and his 3rd term known as HILLARY was NOT in the oval office.

This is why it is going to accelerate more! Now that business knows that Trump is not stupid, deranged, or deathly ill as the left kept switching to, back and forth, we are going to see massive growth through this year! Notice what happened to the stockmarket when that MSM clown reported.......basically.......that Trump was busted? DOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWN it went. Why do you think that is? If that happened to Obama, I bet it would have shot through the roof!

No, I would not decline it but I would take it for what it was worth, a pat on the head.

Some people are easier to buy off than others I suppose. I guess there are benefits to having such a low price as you seem to

Yeah seriously, you need to lay off hateful delusional Democrat Fake News. It's got you all twisted up. A bonus is a good thing to real people in the real world.

Let me put it to you this way.

Right before Christmas I got a $400 bonus (it had nothing to with the tax change).

On Jan 10th of 2018 my promotion was official and I got a raise of just a tad over 12 grand a year.

Which one do you think I was more thrilled about?

Yes, raises and bonuses are good things to real people in the real world. That's what i've been saying. Thanks.

Is debt (this is financed on the back of) also "good things to the real people in the real world"?

There seems to be a lot of compartmentalization going on here.

So how about I agree with you! Amazing, yes!

But, lets do it this way----------------> if total receipts by the federal government for income is LESS THAN it was in 2017, then you got a case. DEAL?

That is not an accurate way to determine it as that does not take into account population growth

Yeah seriously, you need to lay off hateful delusional Democrat Fake News. It's got you all twisted up. A bonus is a good thing to real people in the real world.

Let me put it to you this way.

Right before Christmas I got a $400 bonus (it had nothing to with the tax change).

On Jan 10th of 2018 my promotion was official and I got a raise of just a tad over 12 grand a year.

Which one do you think I was more thrilled about?

Yes, raises and bonuses are good things to real people in the real world. That's what i've been saying. Thanks.

Is debt (this is financed on the back of) also "good things to the real people in the real world"?

There seems to be a lot of compartmentalization going on here.

So how about I agree with you! Amazing, yes!

But, lets do it this way----------------> if total receipts by the federal government for income is LESS THAN it was in 2017, then you got a case. DEAL?

That is not an accurate way to determine it as that does not take into account population growth

Well hells, bells...................with all those illegal aliens coming in paying their fairshare, we shouldn't need to worry about our government getting tax money anyway, now should we-)

But, your logic, is no logic at all.

Why?

Because population growth has NOTHING to do with available jobs that cause a taxing event, or how much money is made by business that pays taxes into the federal kitty. If our economy goes into depression next year, and at the same time we import 5 million poor people, do you think the income to the treasury goes up, or down-)

Let me put it this way---------->I read either in this thread, or another.......you just got a 12,000 raise. Good for you! Exactly what did the population have to do with the fact you now are going to pay more taxes?

By the way, a little off topic here, but I have a question------------>

Do you think that the historic lows in BLACK and HISPANIC unemployment, have anything to do with the fact that illegals crossing the border to HEIST those jobs, is down 70%-) Do you think that all those wonderful LEGAL people getting those jobs, will lower how much money we have to put out on welfare payments-)

Well hells, bells...................with all those illegal aliens coming in paying their fairshare, we shouldn't need to worry about our government getting tax money anyway, now should we-)

Why?

Because population growth has NOTHING to do with available jobs that cause a taxing event, or how much money is made by business that pays taxes into the federal kitty. If our economy goes into depression next year, and at the same time we import 5 million poor people, do you think the income to the treasury goes up, or down-)

Let me put it this way---------->I read either in this thread, or another.......you just got a 12,000 raise. Good for you! Exactly what did the population have to do with the fact you now are going to pay more taxes?

So, you do not think population growth plays into the fact that there are more jobs each year than the year before with a few exceptions?

I saw the stat that roughly 10,000 millennials turn 21 every day in the US, you do not think that they are joining the workforce and adding to the treasury. If two millennials got a job the day I got my raise they are going to be contributing a more than my raise did, imagine what 10,000 of them are going to do, assuming they are working average jobs.

The point is that tax cuts or not, unless we are in a recession, revenue always grows year to year. And as such you cannot point to revenue growth and say "see, the tax cut caused that".

Do you think that the historic lows in BLACK and HISPANIC unemployment, have anything to do with the fact that illegals crossing the border to HEIST those jobs, is down 70%-)

Do you think that the blacks and hispanics are fighting for the same jobs that are typically filled by illegals? That does not seem to be a very high view of the black and hispanic citizens.

Do you think that all those wonderful LEGAL people getting those jobs, will lower how much money we have to put out on welfare payments-)

Why yes, I do think that will be the case and that is a good thing. You might also notice that historic lows in BLACK and HISPANIC unemployment happened before the tax cuts took effect.

I'm thrilled that Mickey Mouse and pals are going to get a break, and I am sure that it will be worth the $1.5 trillion that us taxpayers will have to absorb sooner or later.

Actually it is not even that... The Obama Economy has brought unemployment down to close to full employment.
View attachment 173247

Disney like any other organisation is now competing for employees, this is typical grand standing for attracting the better candidates. Walmart did the same thing, this is supply and demand for workers.

(un)employment rates dont tell the full story, because when you stop looking for a job, youre not counted as part of the labor force. Its best too look at labor participation rate.

Calling it the "Obama Economy" is a bit out there, considering the obstruction we had with a republican controlled congress thru most of his term.

I agree with looking at the labour participation rate but that is connected to a load more things than just the economy. Baby Boomers, skills of the workforce.....

But the supply of labour is is reducing and demand has been increasing... And that is why Disney are giving bonuses...

Bonuses and pay raises aren't mutually exclusive and no where does it say that Disney employees are getting bonuses instead of pay raises, in addition to cash bonuses Disney also announced that it's also starting a new higher education initiative for 88,000 eligible employees with an initial investment of $50 million and $25 million annually.

... A for effort in your attempt to turn good news for workers into something negative, F for execution.:rolleyes:

Nowhere does it say they are getting raises.
Are you assuming that Disney employees aren't getting annual wage increases unless they are explicitly announced in the press? :uhh:

They are getting bonuses that are taxed at 40%. So the $1000 is really $600.
Where do you get the 40% figure from? and even if that were correct which is better for the employee $600 or ZERO?

Why yes, I am. Companies like that do not give out raises without fanfare and major announcement.
The vast majority of American large cap & mid cap companies have annual compensation increase plans in place that they don't say a word about in the press, perhaps because announcing routine annual COLA and merit raises isn't something that many companies find newsworthy. Generally speaking It's only when they DEVIATE from existing plans does the general public hear about it and only when it's coming from companies of scale.

The 40% come from personal experience.
Personal experience with what? The tax status of 125,000 Disney employees that are spread all over the country with varied levels of income and exemptions?

my guess.
Yeah that's what I thought, Your GUESS aka "A WAG".

Thanks for your answers but you forget to address the which is better for employees $600 or ZERO question.

Feel free to continue with your efforts to turn a positive into a negative.

Thank you for the dishonest cutting and pasting of my words. You cry like a baby about me making a simple mistake and then you willfully change my words.
Oh really? what words of yours did I change? Or are you just whining because I pointed out that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and cannot formulate a cogent response?

Dishonest bitch!
LOL, Pot meet kettle.

"If you can't make it good, at least make it look good." -- Bill Gates

I'm watching one of the many primary reasons I put so much effort to avoid becoming afflicted by partisan ideology.

Good news is good news. I don't have to minimize or ignore it just because someone on another "side" will get "credit".

I wonder if that's why so many Americans suffer from depression. This constant, ugly, targeted negativity required by politics.

I agree with looking at the labour participation rate but that is connected to a load more things than just the economy. Baby Boomers, skills of the workforce.....
You've pointed out one of the biggest problems in the labor force right now, namely STRUCTURAL unemployment, the skills of available labor not meeting what employers are demanding. Unfortunately it's a tough nut to crack and there are really no easy fixes other than to import skilled labor or offshore work, longer term IMHO we need to rethink our entire education system to better match workers skillsets with market demand.

I wonder if that's why so many Americans suffer from depression. This constant, ugly, targeted negativity required by politics.
Mac, I don't think it's the politics, I believe that so many Americans suffer from depression because we've become a nation of spoiled, decadent assholes that don't realize how good we have it compared to what our ancestors and most of the rest of the world have to deal with.

Politics on the other hand provides the much needed escape from the reality of the above. :p

"At times, our strengths propel us so far forward we can no longer endure our weaknesses and perish from them. " -- Friedrich Nietzsche

View attachment 173247

Tell us what Obama's policies caused it ?

The stimulus ? Almost a trillion dollars for 2 million jobs and unemployment went up from 7.8% to.9.8% ..

Stock market ? Janet Yellen

Tarp ?.bush jr.

Tax cuts? Bush jr.

Sequester ? Republicans

Jobs ? Republican governors

Mac, I don't think it's the politics, I believe that so many Americans suffer from depression because we've become a nation of spoiled, decadent assholes that don't realize how good we have it compared to what our ancestors and most of the rest of the world have to deal with.
Well, okay, there's that.

:laugh:

Nowhere does it say they are getting raises.
Are you assuming that Disney employees aren't getting annual wage increases unless they are explicitly announced in the press? :uhh:

They are getting bonuses that are taxed at 40%. So the $1000 is really $600.
Where do you get the 40% figure from? and even if that were correct which is better for the employee $600 or ZERO?

Why yes, I am. Companies like that do not give out raises without fanfare and major announcement.
The vast majority of American large cap & mid cap companies have annual compensation increase plans in place that they don't say a word about in the press, perhaps because announcing routine annual COLA and merit raises isn't something that many companies find newsworthy. Generally speaking It's only when they DEVIATE from existing plans does the general public hear about it and only when it's coming from companies of scale.

Personal experience with what? The tax status of 125,000 Disney employees that are spread all over the country with varied levels of income and exemptions?

my guess.

Thanks for your answers but you forget to address the which is better for employees $600 or ZERO question.

Thank you for the dishonest cutting and pasting of my words. You cry like a baby about me making a simple mistake and then you willfully change my words.
Oh really? what words of yours did I change? Or are you just whining because I pointed out that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and cannot formulate a cogent response?

Dishonest bitch!
LOL, Pot meet kettle.

You left out half of my post you dishonest bitch.

And to do it after whining like a 3 year old because I made a mistake after the site did a double quote, you are not only dishonest you are a fucking hypocrite.

my guess.

Dishonest bitch!
LOL, Pot meet kettle.

LOL, it's called meaningless fluff reduction and didn't involve altering a single word and if you take a moment to peruse your own responses in this thread you'll find that you engaged in the exact same exercise.... .

I find it amusing that someone would expend so much effort on a pointless projection project just to avoid apologizing for its own fuck up, says a lot about your character.

And to do it after whining like a 3 year old because I made a mistake after the site did a double quote, you are not only dishonest you are a fucking hypocrite.

latest
What happened? Pacifier fall out of your mouth and onto the floor?

Ciao

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" -- William Shakespeare, Hamlet

my guess.

Dishonest bitch!
LOL, Pot meet kettle.

LOL, it's called meaningless fluff reduction and didn't involve altering a single word and if you take a moment to peruse your own responses in this thread you'll find that you engaged in the exact same exercise.... .

I find it amusing that someone would expend so much effort on a pointless projection project just to avoid apologizing for its own fuck up, says a lot about your character.

There is the difference between you and I. I admitted that I made a mistake but you do not have the integrity to admit you left out words to change the meaning of my post.

View attachment 173247

LFPR will continue to decline through 2040. It's decline is no more an indicator of bad economy now than it was an indicator of good economy prior to 2000s while it was growing even through recessionary periods. Women were joining workforce and baby boomer hump hit the participation age sweet-spot, while today baby boomers are retiring, our population is aging and people spend more time in school.

ParticpationRateProjection.jpg

Why?

So, you do not think population growth plays into the fact that there are more jobs each year than the year before with a few exceptions?

I saw the stat that roughly 10,000 millennials turn 21 every day in the US, you do not think that they are joining the workforce and adding to the treasury. If two millennials got a job the day I got my raise they are going to be contributing a more than my raise did, imagine what 10,000 of them are going to do, assuming they are working average jobs.

The point is that tax cuts or not, unless we are in a recession, revenue always grows year to year. And as such you cannot point to revenue growth and say "see, the tax cut caused that".

Do you think that the historic lows in BLACK and HISPANIC unemployment, have anything to do with the fact that illegals crossing the border to HEIST those jobs, is down 70%-)

Do you think that the blacks and hispanics are fighting for the same jobs that are typically filled by illegals? That does not seem to be a very high view of the black and hispanic citizens.

Do you think that all those wonderful LEGAL people getting those jobs, will lower how much money we have to put out on welfare payments-)

Why yes, I do think that will be the case and that is a good thing. You might also notice that historic lows in BLACK and HISPANIC unemployment happened before the tax cuts took effect.

Population in and of itself does not promote job growth, starting a business does. So if millennials are starting businesses, then yes I could see that. Over time population can play a role, but not on a year to year basis.

View attachment 173247

We get it, companies are using tax cuts to increase entry level job pay, but you don't like that, you'd rather the government demand the companies do it. Why?

MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks to Former President Reagan !!!!

you mean the evil man who got the ball rolling for the destruction of america that each president until now has continued and expanded on THAT President Reagan?:lmao::haha:
No the one who got America rolling again after the disaster that was Jimmy Carter. the Reagan that should be on Mt Rushmore, that one.
Reagan Needs His Own Mountain for his sculpture

Forum List

Back