BOOM!!!! Rand Paul Wins

OK, a couple of things here:

1. It was a Republican Primary won by a far-right libertarian type. That's the first battle, not the war.

2. I failed to notice the "Tea Party" label at the top of his ticket. Seems like a Libertarian running as a Republican to me. Does the "Tea Party" have any actual candidates? Is the "Tea Party" a party?
The "tea party" is a movement, not a political party. They endorsed Rand Paul. He crushed his RNC endorsed rival by a HUGE margin. In the general election he will crush the Democrat by double digits. This is a continuation of BAD BAD news for liberals.....November is the beginning of the end for Obama and his far left agenda.

1. It was a Republican Primary won by a far-right libertarian type. That's the first battle, not the war.

2. I failed to notice the "Tea Party" label at the top of his ticket. Seems like a Libertarian running as a Republican to me. Does the "Tea Party" have any actual candidates? Is the "Tea Party" a party?
Did Palin endorse him? That would be a huge buzz kill.

She did, which will play well with the righties, but probably not with the rest of the populace.
That's too bad. Of course, it isn't his fault. But still...:eusa_eh:

Did Palin endorse him? That would be a huge buzz kill.
Yes, she did.

Sucks for you to know that Palin holds influence, eh?

So much for you loons and your belief that both Palin and the tea partiers have no influence.

LMAO!

Donna Brazil just tried to compare Rand Paul to George W. Bush on CNN, what a ridiculous statement.

You fucks so miss the point... the tea party isn't a "party", only a mimmicking of the "tea party" of old. It is a movement. Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if the guy's a Dem or a Repub if he embraces some sanity.

You soooooo miss the point. People are fed up with the wanton spending.. from BOTH parties.

Neocons are NOT conservatives, they are RINO's- kinda like our phony conservative Jake Starkey - fake- false-non-genuine- naugahyde.

RINO's and Liberals are on the way out. Real Conservatives and Libertarians are on the way in.

Perhaps, but Libertarians certainly aren't "Conservatives" either.

Libertarians believe in government staying out of both business and morality.

Conservatives, on the other hand, believe in government staying out of business, but keeping control over morality.

Liberals believe in government being involved in business, but not in morality.

And Totalitarians believe in government control over business AND morality.

Donna Brazil just tried to compare Rand Paul to George W. Bush on CNN, what a ridiculous statement.
Well, we all knew that would happen.

I want to watch Gibb's stutter and stammer tomorrow. Rand Paul hammered Obama big time, and you can bet ol' Obama and his cronies are pissed fuckin' off about it.

The "tea party" is a movement, not a political party. They endorsed Rand Paul. He crushed his RNC endorsed rival by a HUGE margin. In the general election he will crush the Democrat by double digits. This is a continuation of BAD BAD news for liberals.....November is the beginning of the end for Obama and his far left agenda.

Umm, actually it's just "bad, bad news" for moderate Republicans.

No-one who would vote for a "Tea Party" candidate would have ever voted for a "Liberal" in the first place.

Certainly not people who would vote for a Libertarian candidate.

Neocons are NOT conservatives, they are RINO's- kinda like our phony conservative Jake Starkey - fake- false-non-genuine- naugahyde.

RINO's and Liberals are on the way out. Real Conservatives and Libertarians are on the way in.

Perhaps, but Libertarians certainly aren't "Conservatives" either.

Libertarians believe in government staying out of both business and morality.

Conservatives, on the other hand, believe in government staying out of business, but keeping control over morality.

Liberals believe in government being involved in business, but not in morality.

And Totalitarians believe in government control over business AND morality.

I'm a conservative as are most my friends, we don't believe in government control over morality.... what are you talking about? Liberals don't believe in government involvement in morality? HUH?????? All liberals do is run around demanding the government step in and deal with one fell swoop some death-knell to swomeone who dared say the wrong thing, or eat the wrong food, or drive the wrong car, or think the wrong thought...

Last edited:

I want to watch Gibb's stutter and stammer tomorrow. Rand Paul hammered Obama big time, and you can bet ol' Obama and his cronies are pissed fuckin' off about it.

Personally I would never compare Rand Paul to George Bush, that would be a like comparing Obama to a Communist.

Oh, wait, that's what you guys do, isn't it? LOL.

I'm a conservative as are most my friends, we don't believe in government control over morality.... what are you talking about? Liberals don't believe in government involvement in morality? HUH??????

Ahh, someone who has only grasped the linear concept of the political spectrum!

Please friend, allow me to enlighten you!

This is called the Nolan Chart:

275px-Nolan-chart.svg.png

Nolan Chart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally I would never compare Rand Paul to George Bush, that would be a like comparing Obama to a Communist.

Oh, wait, that's what you guys do, isn't it? LOL.

Actually, the boy king is much more to communism than Paul is to Bush.

I'm a conservative as are most my friends, we don't believe in government control over morality.... what are you talking about? Liberals don't believe in government involvement in morality? HUH??????

Ahh, someone who has only grasped the linear concept of the political spectrum!

Please friend, allow me to enlighten you!

This is called the Nolan Chart:

275px-Nolan-chart.svg.png

Nolan Chart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And that chart addresses nothing... but what lies behind it makes a lot of assumptions.

Generally a "Right-winger" or "Conservative" is a person who believes that business should not be influenced by government, but that government should influence morality.

Good examples of a "Conservative" would be the "Moral Majority" or the "Christian Right" who feel strongly that government should make strong laws concerning issues like Abortion and Gay Marriage... moral issues. George Bush would be a good example of a "conservative".

Good examples of a "Libertarian" would be any person who feels that Government should not have a hand in any private citizen's life. In the extreme, Libertarians would be classified as "anarchists".

In the same vein, a "Liberal" or "left-winger" is a person that feels government should take a strong hand in business, but lay off the moral issues. A good example of a "left-winger" would be Dennis Kucinich or Barack Obama.

Totalitarians are people who believe that Government should take a strong hand in both Morality and business.

Thus the opposite of a Libertarian is a Totalitarian, but the opposite of a conservative is a liberal.

Last edited:
Rand Paul embraced the Palin endorsement - as he did the Tea Party movement.

Good examples of a "Libertarian" would be any person who feels that Government should not have a hand in any private citizen's life. In the extreme, Libertarians would be classified as "anarchists".
Either outright lie or sheer ignorance.

Which plea would you like to cop?

Really?

Tell me Dude, what are the principles of Libertarianism?

As far as I know, the basis of the philosophy is to limit the power of government to it's bare minimum. Is that somehow incorrect?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back