BOOM: UPS Fires 250 Union Workers for Refusing to Work

Wildcat strikes are problematic for the workers; they have no official protection. If the union is weak, the company can act with impunity as is the case here.

Lovebears is silly when he says unions are not needed. Corporate would return workers to the 1920s and 1930 if they could. They can't, thank heavens.

we have laws on the books to protect workers from the abuses of the 20s and 30s. The unions serve no purpose but to collect money for the democrat party. That is their only function. The GM and Chrysler bailouts were done to save the UAW, not the companies or the workers. Wake up and smell reality.

So, you are saying we have no use for unions anymore because of legal protections in place? Agreed. No need for the NRA anymore either. We have legal protections in place. :D

...by being the poorest population in the US. Yeah you guys are doing swimmingly

I guess that explains why people and businesses are leaving places like calfornia and new jersey and moving south in droves. Poor? really? have you been to Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Birmingham, Memphis, Jacksonville, Orlando, Dallas, Baton Rouge? Sorry, dude, lots of big money and great jobs in those cities.

now, want to talk about poor populations--------check out Detroit, Newark, Chicago, Cincinnatti, Cleveland, LA, Boston, NYC. The poor are really poor in those liberal utopias, dumbass.

What you just said has nothing to do with the fact that the south are the poorest in the nation. Nothing

standard of living is a much better measure than average income. You don't see people moving from georgia to michigan do you? nope. what you do see is a lot of people and companies moving south. Texas has a large net increase in population for instance, whereas new jersey and michigan have net decreases.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Good they don't want to work they can look somewhere else for employment. I wish more companies will follow suit .. We do NOT need unions any longer

The even better thing about this is that it was reported that the city has a 43 million dollar contract with UPS.

Time to end that.

Public Advocate Letitia James today warned delivery giant UPS about consequences the company could face for telling 250 workers that they would be fired for walking off the job in February.

James and other elected officials said that tax breaks that UPS receives from the state and the city are "now on the table on the table for discussion" if the company continues to refuse to bargain with its workers.

"UPS has a lot of business before New York, a $43 million contract with the state," James said during a rally at City Hall with at least 150 workers represented by the Teamsters Local 804 union. "Our pension funds, and I'm a member on the trustee board, owns $179 million dollars in stocks and bonds. … The company benefits from a sweetheart parking-ticket program."
Public advocate threatens UPS over firings | Capital New York

Along with the other goodies.

Meet the new boss..UPS.

I guess that explains why people and businesses are leaving places like calfornia and new jersey and moving south in droves. Poor? really? have you been to Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Birmingham, Memphis, Jacksonville, Orlando, Dallas, Baton Rouge? Sorry, dude, lots of big money and great jobs in those cities.

now, want to talk about poor populations--------check out Detroit, Newark, Chicago, Cincinnatti, Cleveland, LA, Boston, NYC. The poor are really poor in those liberal utopias, dumbass.

What you just said has nothing to do with the fact that the south are the poorest in the nation. Nothing

standard of living is a much better measure than average income. You don't see people moving from georgia to michigan do you? nope. what you do see is a lot of people and companies moving south. Texas has a large net increase in population for instance, whereas new jersey and michigan have net decreases.

IF I lived in Georgia, I'd move to Michigan in a heartbeat.

unions comprise less than 10% of the US workforce, a real threat...

Pathetic...cheering on people being fired because of partisan bias....what a low life.

The contract is quite clear on striking, in particular strikes that are not authorized at the highest parts of the Union.

You expect the company to keep its part of the agreement. The drivers broke the agreement, were warned about breaking the agreement, and are facing the consequences of breaking the agreement.

Considering the new drivers will likely be part of the Union, how is this union breaking by adhering to the agreement?

Wildcat strikes are problematic for the workers; they have no official protection. If the union is weak, the company can act with impunity as is the case here.

Lovebears is silly when he says unions are not needed. Corporate would return workers to the 1920s and 1930 if they could. They can't, thank heavens.

we have laws on the books to protect workers from the abuses of the 20s and 30s. The unions serve no purpose but to collect money for the democrat party. That is their only function. The GM and Chrysler bailouts were done to save the UAW, not the companies or the workers. Wake up and smell reality.

So, you are saying we have no use for unions anymore because of legal protections in place? Agreed. No need for the NRA anymore either. We have legal protections in place. :D

there is an organized movement aimed at taking away 2nd amendment rights, NO ONE is trying to take away laws regarding working hours, conditions, safety etc.

another false analogy. but we get it, you lefties need the unions to steal wages from members and send it to the DNC.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Good they don't want to work they can look somewhere else for employment. I wish more companies will follow suit .. We do NOT need unions any longer

The even better thing about this is that it was reported that the city has a 43 million dollar contract with UPS.

Time to end that.

Public Advocate Letitia James today warned delivery giant UPS about consequences the company could face for telling 250 workers that they would be fired for walking off the job in February.

James and other elected officials said that tax breaks that UPS receives from the state and the city are "now on the table on the table for discussion" if the company continues to refuse to bargain with its workers.

"UPS has a lot of business before New York, a $43 million contract with the state," James said during a rally at City Hall with at least 150 workers represented by the Teamsters Local 804 union. "Our pension funds, and I'm a member on the trustee board, owns $179 million dollars in stocks and bonds. … The company benefits from a sweetheart parking-ticket program."

Meet the new boss..UPS.

So UPS then has less NYC business, and closes more offices/transit centers, and lays off people for no reason instead of firing people for breaking their contract.

Except that trend has started to reverse.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/27/n...versing-decades-old-trend-estimates-show.html

Guess people are getting "wind" of what a shithole the south is.. :lol:

and that would be your right. I am quite sure that the people of Georgia would be happy to see you leave. the ghettos of Detroit would be the perfect place for you, if you survived the first night.

Time to end that.

Meet the new boss..UPS.

So UPS then has less NYC business, and closes more offices/transit centers, and lays off people for no reason instead of firing people for breaking their contract.

Personally?

I'd like to see UPS pack and go.

They are a pain in the ass. They are constantly blocking people in their parking spots and double park everywhere.

We have a constitutionally guaranteed post office as well.

The Money should go to them.

Fuck UPS.

. They can't, thank heavens.

No, thank labor laws.

And thanks to labor laws, unions are no longer needed.
Thanks to the 2nd amendment, the NRA is no longer needed. :D

Labor laws protect us against abusive employers, and are enforced by government.

The 2nd amendment protects us against abusive government. It enables the people to enforce it... including the people in the NRA. And since government is violating our rights, the 2nd AND the NRA are definitely needed.

Time to end that.

Meet the new boss..UPS.

Personally?

They are a pain in the ass. They are constantly blocking people in their parking spots and double park everywhere.

Fuck UPS.

Who would block streets just as much as UPS and FedEx does, except you wouldn't be able to do dick about it because they are a federal agency.

Time to end that.

Meet the new boss..UPS.

Personally?

Fuck UPS.

right, UPS is making a profit and providing good service. the USPS is losing millions and providing average service.

let UPS and Fedex have it all, do away with the USPS, we would get more for our money.

AHAHAHA Good to see that you arent trying to fight reality anymore. They are shit poor and Lovebear is whistling pass the graveyard because her hubby makes good money. Fuck the entire rest of the south its all about some dumb chick named Lovebear and her hubby :badgrin:

I had a business in Atlanta.

It was a HORRIBLE town.

Every time it rained these huge trees would topple over and knock out the electricity.

The cops were really corrupt and constantly hit me up for money to "guard" my bar on their off hours.

The work ethic is terrible.

The best part of Atlanta? Leaving.

How come here in the south we do just fine without them.. My husband makes a great salary , has great benefits and guess what his company which is a fortune 100 company is not unionized. There was a time and place for unions and that time has passed. They were good and passed many regulations that it will be impossible for them to go back to the 1920s now.

...by being the poorest population in the US. Yeah you guys are doing swimmingly

Again, you stupid bitch.....

Look at the percentage of the population made up by blacks in the South.

Subtract them and we're kicking your fucking asses. We're talking 37%. What's the percentage of Blacks in your State?

The North is dead. New Yawk is a stinking, rotting corpse. New Jersey is an open sewer, Pennsylvania is dying....

The only Northern States that are making a come back at all are the ones with Republican leadership.... Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana.

Not only do we make more money than you do, we can buy a decent House for $200k or less, in some cases.

Not only is our cost of living lower, but we don't have to look at SHIT like this....

article-0-1739E881000005DC-173_634x382.jpg

Instead, we're forced to look at scenery like this...

Ind_ViewofFtMyersBeachDowntown_1.jpg

You know what....?

Stay where you are.

The problem isn't location. The problem isn't North or South.

The problem is simple..... You. scum like you.

You'd fuck up a one-car-funeral. You'd end up electing the same scumbags you elected up North and they'd fuck everything up.

Please stay out of the South.

Please

Forum List

Back