Boston cops crack down on after-hours parties

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
man oh man, people in boston what have you LET your state become? a Police state?

SNIP;
Boston police are using social media, as well as old-fashioned walking beats, to find huge after-hours parties before they happen in an effort to tamp down summer violence.

“It’s about trying to be proactive,” said Bureau of Field Services Superintendent William Evans. “If we find out about a party, we’re going to visit that house ahead of time. If they have a DJ, they need an entertainment license. If they’re going to serve alcohol, they need a liquor license.”

all of it here with comments
Boston cops crack down on after-hours parties | Boston Herald

If these parties have a cover charge and get paid for drinks I can understand this. If it's a late night party among friends this is an action that should not be tolerated.

"Evans said police were called to a house in Hyde Park on Wednesday night where 600 people had gathered." Boston cops crack down on after-hours parties

That is reasonable for the police to be involved.

they were called there..ok
but from the article

Boston police are using social media

Evans said police are spotting upcoming parties online, as well as on fliers posted in storefronts or stapled to utility poles. -

Last edited:
Too bad the Boston Pigs can't be "proactive" against all the drugs in their city eh?

When people hold parties at their house, local watering holes lose business. I'll bet THAT'S the real concern, loss of business, tips and taxes. Plus if yer too drunk you just stay at that house and there's no risk of huge money making DUI arrest for the Shitty of Boston!

PLUS: You don't need a Liquor License to serve beer at yer house. YOUR NOT SELLING IT!

An Entertainment License in yer own home? Doesn't sound like "Freedom" to me! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Do I thank a Veteran for all this?

Too bad the Boston Pigs can't be "proactive" against all the drugs in their city eh?

When people hold parties at their house, local watering holes lose business. I'll bet THAT'S the real concern, loss of business, tips and taxes. Plus if yer too drunk you just stay at that house and there's no risk of huge money making DUI arrest for the Shitty of Boston!

PLUS: You don't need a Liquor License to serve beer at yer house. YOUR NOT SELLING IT!

An Entertainment License in yer own home? Doesn't sound like "Freedom" to me! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Do I thank a Veteran for all this?

I'm planning a little get together of 600 people next door to you next week. Enjoy.

Idiots, and yes this would qualify as a "police state".
The Police are using qualifiers like "one party had 600 people"...well I am pretty darn certain that is not the usual in what they are going after. Most house parties are 10 - 30 people.

The Police are using qualifiers like "one party had 600 people"...well I am pretty darn certain that is not the usual in what they are going after. Most house parties are 10 - 30 people.

Then I would say we need more information before declaring Boston to be Nazi like.

precrime.jpg

Boston is a very small city and yep there is one big party going on 24/7. Fucking lunatics after they get blasted.....I come from NYC did not know who Tom Brady was or could care less. Bunch of drunken fools started beating on my car even with my Mass plate. Party town, college town fun place to be. I live in a bedroom community and it is wild here....:booze:

The parties are out of hand...basically, a bunch of drunks swarm a house (frequently, a vacant house, which they trash), often ending in a shooting and/or a riot, frequently after blasting music until about 4am. These parties are a catastrophe waiting to happen.

man oh man, people in boston what have you LET your state become? a Police state?

SNIP;
Boston police are using social media, as well as old-fashioned walking beats, to find huge after-hours parties before they happen in an effort to tamp down summer violence.

“It’s about trying to be proactive,” said Bureau of Field Services Superintendent William Evans. “If we find out about a party, we’re going to visit that house ahead of time. If they have a DJ, they need an entertainment license. If they’re going to serve alcohol, they need a liquor license.”

all of it here with comments
Boston cops crack down on after-hours parties | Boston Herald

Hey Boston PD: You idiots want to crack down on "summer violence"? Flood the gang territories with cops. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!

Forum List

Back