Boston Marathon Bombing

OK, this thread is going into the toilet fast........ Anyway:

I just received an E-mail from national Headquarters of the American Legion.

The President has ordered flags to be flown at Half mast through Saturday.......

Good for him. That is the appropriate thing to do.

OK, this thread is going into the toilet fast........ Anyway:

I just received an E-mail from national Headquarters of the American Legion.

The President has ordered flags to be flown at Half mast through Saturday.......

Agreed...I started one on New Boston Bombing Details

Can you use that one?

We still know nothing about who may have done this, what we do know is that it is no doubt an act of cowardice and terrorism....
Oh? You mean like the same sorts of acts the U.S. military and government have perpetrated thousands and thousands of times for many decades all over the world?
And to think that I actually hesitated before posting the above because I worried that it was a bit off-topic!!

I see now that my scruples were laughably unnecessary!

We still know nothing about who may have done this, what we do know is that it is no doubt an act of cowardice and terrorism....
Oh? You mean like the same sorts of acts the U.S. military and government have perpetrated thousands and thousands of times for many decades all over the world?

We are not Lilly white. Never claimed we were. But we are still the greatest ever.......

And thousands and thousands? I'm sorry I don't think so..... And not cowardice either...

But please do continue to play.....

Last time I checked they were about as far right as you can go..

ROFL

Thanks Humpty.

{'But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.' }

What these loons do with and to the language just floors me.

I spoke with a woman today...she did not know what the word "recent" meant. Seriously. We were talking about a form that requested her most *recent* paystubs, for income received in the last 30 days.

First she kept saying "If I give the most recent, then I have to wait until the 28th, because I get paid for now then."

I was like..uh...what??????

She couldn't distinguish issuance dates from pay periods..seriously, she had no clue...and she honestly thought her most *recent* paycheck was sometime in the future.

These people have somehow had their brains scrambled and have walked away from school with a completely dysfunctional understanding of what words mean, and how to think. They literally don't know how to think; or to read; or to speak. They don't know what words mean, they flounder with syntax....yet they are absolutely certain that they make sense, and are RIGHT. They think words mean what you say they mean..that it's completely subjective.. Humpty Dumpty nailed it. .

The movie Idiocracy is a documentary.

That woman provides home health care. I can't even imagine how she translates recipes, meds and cleaning supplies.

That's pretty funny in a very sick way that that poor Saudi kid was in the wrong place in the wrong time. I couldn't imagine anything scarier than being in the middle of a goddamn terrorist attack in a foreign country and the authorities mistakenly thinking you're involved. Glad to hear he's been cleared and he's going to be alright.

Still say it's two or three wacky domestic guys who did this.

That's pretty funny in a very sick way that that poor Saudi kid was in the wrong place in the wrong time. I couldn't imagine anything scarier than being in the middle of a goddamn terrorist attack in a foreign country and the authorities mistakenly thinking you're involved. Glad to hear he's been cleared and he's going to be alright.

Of course you do.

But then, you're a pile of shit.

Of course you do.

But then, you're a pile of shit.

Why are you so emotionally involved in who the bomber is? That's kind of pathetic.

Why are you so emotionally involved in who the bomber is? That's kind of pathetic.

I've made no predictions at all.

You are invested in the myth that this was one or more white Republicans. You desperately need it to be so.

:laugh: You have such a defensive complex going and you're so emotionally involved in your rhetoric that you think when I say domestic, it automatically means white republicans. Settle down, I'm saying that the profile of this bombing doesn't fit the traditional foreign/muslim bombers' profile and the clues of this attack seem to suggest it's a domestic enemy whatever that may be.

It's pretty sad that you're so emotionally tied into who the bomber is. Maybe you should examine that and examine that in your head you're likely going to wind up emotionally supporting the people who murdered several innocent people and destroyed the lives of many yesterday.

Forum List

Back