Boulder, CO is on fire

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Several homes are going up in smoke, and not like the Cheech and Chong movie.

Greta Thunberg is said to be on her way to the scene to reprimand climate change and say "How dare you?"

WATCH LIVE: Entire towns of Superior and Louisville ordered to evacuate due to multiple grass fires​

"Tens of thousands of people in Boulder County have been evacuated due to the fast-moving fires."

WATCH LIVE: Entire towns of Superior and Louisville ordered to evacuate due to multiple grass fires

Wind-driven wildfire burns homes near Boulder, Colorado - Wildfire Today

boulder.jpg

Greta Thunberg is said to be on her way to the scene to reprimand climate change and say "How dare you?"

WATCH LIVE: Entire towns of Superior and Louisville ordered to evacuate due to multiple grass fires​

"Tens of thousands of people in Boulder County have been evacuated due to the fast-moving fires."

WATCH LIVE: Entire towns of Superior and Louisville ordered to evacuate due to multiple grass fires

View attachment 581595
I thought they had gotten some rain to help with the drought. I guess it didn't make it that far.

Catchy and amusing headline anyway... if they just would have paid 40% more in taxes, this wouldn't have happened. You have algore's word on that.... not to mention that autistic gash from denmark or wherever the fuck it's from.

• Banned
Isn't it the wrong time of year for a wild fire?

When you're like California and you don't have proper forestry policies because of the environmentalists, any time of year is fire time.

Besides, everyone is stoned there. Stoned people are so dumb they could catch snow on fire.

I look out my north window and see the smoke from these fires. I am pissed off that land speculators and developers build on prairie lands that have a reputation of fires...

I look out my north window and see the smoke from these fires. I am pissed off that land speculators and developers build on prairie lands that have a reputation of fires...
Looks like NW Superior up to S Cherryvale Rd is involved, nothing but homes and businesses in that part of Superior.
I remember the 2016 Black Forest fire, you could see it from Widefield/Security.

View attachment 581595
Holy crap.
I just assumed since we got so much snow in the midwest, that I figured all of CO was snow covered and locked into winter like we are.

Nothing is burning around here until spring.

It started off as a small grass fire around noon. This late in the year, and we are in the middle of drought and strange new weather pattern has developed. We used to get over a foot of snow...on the eastern divide, now? We have barley frost. Its cold. But no moisture, this is totally weird.

Last edited:
Sustained winds of 80 - 100 MPH with gusts up to 115 MPH. If the weather people are correct they should start getting snow in that area beginning around 5AM tomorrow morning.

So far no fatalities reported which is amazing considering how fast this fire moved, many people only had minutes to get out. Now there's supposedly over 600 homes completely destroyed as well as multiple businesses and other structures. It's kinda weird to see whole blocks of homes gone but one or two in those blocks seemingly untouched. A strip of homes on one side of a street gone but the other side is untouched, homes burned down but out buildings, swing play sets, etc in the yard untouched. Kinda surreal.

Forum List

Back