Boy suspended for purse

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I wonder how many people are going to read the entire post before they comment.

A 13-year-old Kansas 8th grader says he was suspended from school for carrying a purse. Skylar Davis says the Vera Bradley purse is his form of expression. He adds that girls carry purses, so he should be able to do the same. Skylar’s vice-principal disagreed and told him to stop carrying the bag.

Boy suspended for wearing a purse to school | FOX2now.com

Now is the chance for everyone who has me pegged as a homophobe that wants big government to interfere with personal choice to speak up and show everyone how stupid they are.

I think he should be able to keep the purse.

He shouldn't be suspended, but his parents might want to have a talk with junior of how gay that is and why it's not cool to act like a fag. That's just a great way to get beat up and Kansas City is a shit hole, many of it's residents scum, so there is a fairly strong possibility that some ghetto trash will beat his ass after school, take his money and go by skittles and Robutussin.

Last edited:
The school called it right. The boy would have been disciplined in the same manner if say he was wearing a dress to school. He was warned though.

A 13-year-old Kansas 8th grader says he was suspended from school for carrying a purse. Skylar Davis says the Vera Bradley purse is his form of expression. He adds that girls carry purses, so he should be able to do the same. Skylar’s vice-principal disagreed and told him to stop carrying the bag.

Now is the chance for everyone who has me pegged as a homophobe that wants big government to interfere with personal choice to speak up and show everyone how stupid they are.

are you kidding.... you have never heard of man bags? Men have been carrying purses for a very long time.

My 16 year old daughter has a cute little Vera Bradley bag that her grandmother bought her, but were a conservative family. Something tells me Little Skylar's parents are liberals and little Skylar has a future as a fashion designer. Fabulous!

are you kidding.... you have never heard of man bags? Men have been carrying purses for a very long time.

If it's a Vera Bradley, it's not a metrosexual man bag. Think pinks,paisley and floral prints.

vera bradley - Bing Images

Last edited:
Man bags are quasi-gay. The poor kid needs to man up.

But this probably isn't a black or manly colored man bag at all,it's most likely a floral print womans bag. I knew a straight guy who carried a black man bag,nobody said anything about it because it was black and velcro and used like a brief case. Your right the kids asking for trouble cause all the straight guys are going to target him. It's a liability thing so I don't blame the school. If he wants to carry a fag bag he should do it on his free time when his parents are responsible for his personal safety.

purse.jpg

That ain't a man bag.

purse.jpg

That ain't a man bag.
Fabulous!!!:gay:

Man bags are quasi-gay. The poor kid needs to man up.

But this probably isn't a black or manly colored man bag at all,it's most likely a floral print womans bag. I knew a straight guy who carried a black man bag,nobody said anything about it because it was black and velcro and used like a brief case. Your right the kids asking for trouble cause all the straight guys are going to target him. It's a liability thing so I don't blame the school. If he wants to carry a fag bag he should do it on his free time when his parents are responsible for his personal safety.
Not to mention the distraction which affects the school.

Last edited:

purse.jpg

That ain't a man bag.

isn't

looks like a 60's hippy bag to me. :lol:

That poor kid is going to end up hurt.

If this kid was going to school in CT or CA He might be OK because honestly, I've seen worse here. But When I think Kansas,I don't picture that kinda self expression being tolerated very well.

You have a point.

Kansasss is so backward and ignorant, they probably believe that a boy carrying a "purse" means he's gay.

Hard to believe, I know but its true. They really are that stupid.

greatkilt.jpg

connery-1-th.jpg

skirts2.jpg

Ok. I think I made my point. The kid should be able to carry a manbag...even if it is floral. How many florists do you know that are MEN? Or men who own nurseries that supply flowers? How about men designers? Let's go even further back with early man and their bags to carry weapons. Native americans with pouches. Get my drift?

I'm not sure what the beef is. Granted it is an uuuuuuugly bag. But it is just a bag. Likely a book satchel of some sort. I am wondering why he didn't just use a backpack. Then again, I recall reading that a lot of people are getting back problems from carrying heavy backpacks when they were in school.

I have seen a lot of grown men, men who did not look in the least effeminate carrying bags. However, they were generally some kind of leather. Lawyers always carry bags. They just aren't called bags. My son even has a bag he carries his laptop in. He is in IT and his tech stuff never leaves his side.

I think the kid just needs to work on his taste in bags. But if he likes it, what the hay!

Forum List

Back