Boy suspended for purse

That poor kid is going to end up hurt.

If this kid was going to school in CT or CA He might be OK because honestly, I've seen worse here. But When I think Kansas,I don't picture that kinda self expression being tolerated very well.

You have a point.

Kansasss is so backward and ignorant, they probably believe that a boy carrying a "purse" means he's gay.

Hard to believe, I know but its true. They really are that stupid.

Again it depends on how you think of it. One might look at the Blue states as being in such a state of moral decay that anything goes. Even boys in skirts and ladys purses are tolerated here as "self expression" and all inclusive of people with abnormal sexual orientation.

Reguardless it's still a major distraction and doesn't belong in school.

If this kid was going to school in CT or CA He might be OK because honestly, I've seen worse here. But When I think Kansas,I don't picture that kinda self expression being tolerated very well.

You have a point.

Kansasss is so backward and ignorant, they probably believe that a boy carrying a "purse" means he's gay.

Kansas is almost as bad as Mississippi and Alabama.

Last Gay Standing - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/29/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Ooops.

If you want to see a bigot look in the mirror.

greatkilt.jpg

connery-1-th.jpg

skirts2.jpg

Ok. I think I made my point. The kid should be able to carry a manbag...even if it is floral. How many florists do you know that are MEN? Or men who own nurseries that supply flowers? How about men designers? Let's go even further back with early man and their bags to carry weapons. Native americans with pouches. Get my drift?

It's not the bag anyones really questioning, it's the print. Tartan and lepoard can be considered very manly. The kids got a floral print bag made for a woman. There is nothing manly about it.

The kid is gay. The school still has to protect him from the football players and/or any other males that feel threatened by him or think of him as an easy target. Considering he looks like he's 90 lbs soaking wet,I can see the problem. If he carries that bag he will get his ass kicked and that could bring the school a lawsuit.

Last edited:

You have a point.

You've never been there. Kansas city is filled with black ghetto trash and a high crime rate. I just don't want see any bruthas or anyone else for that matter beat the kid up.

The school called it right. The boy would have been disciplined in the same manner if say he was wearing a dress to school. He was warned though.

Why shouldn't a boy be allowed to wear a dress to school?

Do you oppose girls wearing trousers?

I wonder how many people are going to read the entire post before they comment.

A 13-year-old Kansas 8th grader says he was suspended from school for carrying a purse. Skylar Davis says the Vera Bradley purse is his form of expression. He adds that girls carry purses, so he should be able to do the same. Skylar’s vice-principal disagreed and told him to stop carrying the bag.

Boy suspended for wearing a purse to school | FOX2now.com

Now is the chance for everyone who has me pegged as a homophobe that wants big government to interfere with personal choice to speak up and show everyone how stupid they are.

I think he should be able to keep the purse.

He should be able to carry whatever he pleases.

The school called it right. The boy would have been disciplined in the same manner if say he was wearing a dress to school. He was warned though.

He was allowed to carry it in August, September and October and is suddenly suspended for carrying it in November?

What was the name of that football player that knitted? Can't remember his name. Regardless if the bag is floral, striped, spotted, etc doesn't matter. If he wants to carry a bag and others choose to call it a purse..so be it. The problem is theirs..not this kid. And children his age picking on him eventually due to what HE chooses to do is THEIR problem...and the way they were raised.

If he were my kid, I'd ask a few hog riding buds to take him to school on the back of their bikes...and the bikers having a matching bag attached to their very broad shoulders. Or better yet...a scarf tied around their long haired heads that had the same print. Then let's see who laughs at him.

What was the name of that football player that knitted? Can't remember his name. Regardless if the bag is floral, striped, spotted, etc doesn't matter. If he wants to carry a bag and others choose to call it a purse..so be it. The problem is theirs..not this kid. And children his age picking on him eventually due to what HE chooses to do is THEIR problem...and the way they were raised.

If he were my kid, I'd ask a few hog riding buds to take him to school on the back of their bikes...and the bikers having a matching bag attached to their very broad shoulders. Or better yet...a scarf tied around their long haired heads that had the same print. Then let's see who laughs at him.

it is definitely a purse, and I don't care, he should either be able to carry it, or all bags on campus should be banned. That means no purses, messenger bags, or backpacks, for anyone.

I wonder how many people are going to read the entire post before they comment.

Boy suspended for wearing a purse to school | FOX2now.com

Now is the chance for everyone who has me pegged as a homophobe that wants big government to interfere with personal choice to speak up and show everyone how stupid they are.

I think he should be able to keep the purse.

are you kidding.... you have never heard of man bags? Men have been carrying purses for a very long time.

purse.jpg

That ain't a man bag.

Retro 1960s haversack...cannot believe a school would tell a student he can't have that.

No one on either side is saying he was being bullied by students.

I can't imagine that something is not being said by the male students or no attention would have been drawn to the kid in the first place.

His parents gave him this bag to carry to make their own statement. They are looking for attention and trying to use their son to get it.

Forum List

Back