BOYCOTT Quentin Tarantino movies

I liked the movie where Brad Pitt scalped the Nazi's. Django Unchained was awesome too. I can't wait for the Django/Zorro crossover.

Inglorious Basterds was amazing.

Yeah...another good one.....that Tarantino thing of winding up to a violent explsion was well done in that movie..ratcheting up the tension is just his thing....and the humor was good too.........

I thought the David Bowie song in Inglorious Bastards was wrong for the scene....he is usually better at picking music....and the music in the second half of Kill Bill was off too....considering how spot on the music was for the first half of Kill Bill.....

No more of this guy's products for me, past and anything coming up.
He's now officially a lib hero.

Tarantino leads New York protest against police

New York (AFP) - Oscar-winning director Quentin Tarantino was among hundreds of people from across the United States who marched in New York on Saturday against perceived police brutality.

Campaigners say that police unfairly profile black and Latino men, and criticize what they see as the militarization of law enforcement forces in the US.

"This is not being dealt with in anyway at all. That's why we are out here. If it was being dealt with, then these murdering cops would be in jail or at least be facing charges," said Tarantino, whose hit films include "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction."

Tarantino had similarly joined activists in New York's Times Square on Thursday to launch a fresh push -- dubbed #RiseUpOctober -- demanding an end to police killings.

People who said they had lost family members at the hands of police are participating in the movement for change.

"This is a big progress. This is just amazing to me and I hope we will organize more rallies in honor of all victims of police brutality," Chicago-based Precious Edwards, 18, told AFP.

Edwards is the sister of Dakota Bright, 15, shot dead by Chicago police in November 2012.

"I hope that everyone, not only black and brown people, but purple or blue people, everybody stands up," she added.

A database compiled by the Guardian newspaper says nearly 930 people have been killed by police in the United States so far this year.

I won't watch Charlton Heston, Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood movies. But I will watch Mel Gibson. He's so good I can't help it.

Do Christians watch Tom Cruise movies?

New York (AFP) - Oscar-winning director Quentin Tarantino was among hundreds of people from across the United States who marched in New York on Saturday against perceived police brutality.

Campaigners say that police unfairly profile black and Latino men, and criticize what they see as the militarization of law enforcement forces in the US.

"This is not being dealt with in anyway at all. That's why we are out here. If it was being dealt with, then these murdering cops would be in jail or at least be facing charges," said Tarantino, whose hit films include "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction."

Tarantino had similarly joined activists in New York's Times Square on Thursday to launch a fresh push -- dubbed #RiseUpOctober -- demanding an end to police killings.

People who said they had lost family members at the hands of police are participating in the movement for change.

"This is a big progress. This is just amazing to me and I hope we will organize more rallies in honor of all victims of police brutality," Chicago-based Precious Edwards, 18, told AFP.

Edwards is the sister of Dakota Bright, 15, shot dead by Chicago police in November 2012.

"I hope that everyone, not only black and brown people, but purple or blue people, everybody stands up," she added.

A database compiled by the Guardian newspaper says nearly 930 people have been killed by police in the United States so far this year.

His affinity for the word ****** in his movies led me to believe he was a closet racist. Looks like he is trying to change his persona for the better. Good job cracka.

His affinity was for the way people talk to each other.

He's also sourced material from Elmore Leonard.

Elmore Leonard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess if I had made a Billion dollars making movies about strange fiction, the line between fiction and reality might get a bit blurred.

This whole problem could be fixed if we elect Bernie Sanders, and he redistributes all of Quentins' money. Reality will then have meaning for the movie maker.

I thought the David Bowie song in Inglorious Bastards was wrong for the scene....he is usually better at picking music....and the music in the second half of Kill Bill was off too....considering how spot on the music was for the first half of Kill Bill.....

I thought both were fine.

My least favorite Tarantino film was Django. It started out fine but fell apart in the end.

That makes no sense. Are you incapable of seperating someone's activism from their fictional creations? Gonna do the same to Heinlin for being pro-military then becomming anti-war?

I won't watch Charlton Heston, Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood movies. But I will watch Mel Gibson. He's so good I can't help it.

does anyone watch tom cruise movies?....

does anyone watch tom cruise movies?....

Tom Cruise has been in some excellent movies.

I don't like BLM. I do like Tarantino. Suck it up, Buttercup.

That makes no sense. Are you incapable of seperating someone's activism from their fictional creations? Gonna do the same to Heinlin for being pro-military then becomming anti-war?
First all soldiers are anti war and second I will and do refuse to give money to douche nozzles who piss on the very people who keep them safe.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Hard to believe the OP just discovered that Tarantino is Liberal.

Way before this, I would have guessed Tarantino was a liberal.
Most Hollywood producers, directors, actors are, no surprise there.
However, if he's going to side with the "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" people, then I think he's an even bigger piece of shit, and I'll call for a boycott.

I don't know, I'm not a Christian.

Taratino knows he's on the PC hit list because he had a white character (played by himself) stream the word "******" numerous times. He''s got to get ahead of this path of destruction before it swallows him whole.

The language in his films is the language these characters would use. What he's doing is highlighting the racism in certain segments of society.

exactly. tarantino is not against the police..he's against police brutality.

:clap2::clap:

Police Union Calls for Tarantino Movie Boycott After Cop "Murderers" Rally

The New York police union is calling for a boycott of Quentin Tarantino's films following the director's involvement in an anti-cop rally that took place on Saturday in Washington Square Park, the New York Post reports.

"When I see murders, I do not stand by .&thinsp.&thinsp. I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the murderers the murderers," Tarantino told a crowd of police brutality protestors at the rally.

He continued, "I'm a human being with a conscience. And if you believe there's murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I'm here to say I'm on the side of the murdered."

Read More: Quentin Tarantino Protests Police Brutality in New York

In a statement Sunday, Patrick Lynch, president of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, called Tarantino a "purveyor of degeneracy" who "has no business coming to our city to peddle his slanderous 'Cop Fiction.' "

"It’s no surprise that someone who makes a living glorifying crime and violence is a cop-hater, too. The police officers that Quentin Tarantino calls &lsquomurderers’ aren’t living in one of his depraved big-screen fantasies — they’re risking and sometimes sacrificing their lives to protect communities from real crime and mayhem," Lynch said, adding, "It’s time for a boycott of Quentin Tarantino’s films."

Police Union Calls for Tarantino Movie Boycott After Cop "Murderers" Rally

Forum List

Back