🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Boys missing at sea :(

I've been on the ocean plenty of times in boats here in the northeast, and it is scary when you are in a small boat. I can tell you that! I've been on sailboats and small motor boats. I've also been on larger boats, like when I take the ferry over to Martha's Vineyard. Feel much safer on the ferry.
Now the truth comes out. You're projecting your own timidity onto children. You really shouldn't. They might be able to handle more than a ferry.

Oh, Idaho, a landlocked state. Figures.

I've been on the ocean plenty of times in boats here in the northeast, and it is scary when you are in a small boat. I can tell you that! I've been on sailboats and small motor boats. I've also been on larger boats, like when I take the ferry over to Martha's Vineyard. Feel much safer on the ferry.
Now the truth comes out. You're projecting your own timidity onto children. You really shouldn't. They might be able to handle more than a ferry.

Yet we have a seaport. Not so landlocked after all.

Yet we have a seaport. Not so landlocked after all.

Oh really?

A landlocked state in the United States is any state whose territorial boundaries do not touch an ocean. All landlocked states are located among the contiguous 48 states on the North American mainland.

If you must travel through only one other U.S. state or one Canadian province to reach an ocean, the state is singly-landlocked. If you must travel through two U.S. states, or one U.S. state and one Canadian province, the state is doubly-landlocked. If you must travel through three U.S. states, or two U.S. states and one Canadian province to reach an ocean, the state is triply-landlocked.

Of the 50 states, 23 are coastal and one is completely insular (Hawaii). Of the remaining 26 states and the District of Columbia, 16 states and the federal capital are singly-landlocked, 10 are doubly-landlocked and one is triply-landlocked.

This is a list of the 16 singly-landlocked states and the District of Columbia, with routes to their nearest ocean:

My question is, "How the hell do parents let two fourteen year old boys boat on the ocean by themselves?"

At first I thought the kids did it because the parents told them they couldn't go. Seems that's not the case.

Good God. My parents wouldn't let me or my siblings go across the street. Yet these parents let their kids go boating alone in the ocean??

Its big news down here in Florida and I doubt any trace of those kids will ever be found. Sharks galore.
My son got his first boat at 6.

At 28, he has never been in trouble, never asked me for money, and been a full grown fuckin' man since 16.

Experienced adults get lost at sea too; when your number is up, your number is up.

Pretty low class to attack parents over this.

"When your number is up...." What a lazy-ass loser you are.

Your son has been lucky. In most states you have to be sixteen to get a learner's permit to drive a car.
These two had the same access but without lanes and laws. This is an example of why there are laws.
Fourteen-year-old boys don't have judgment skills. They may have boating skills but both are necessary to survive in a boat on the ocean.
Got it yet or do you need flashcards?

Forum List

Back