🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Boys missing at sea :(

But it isn't your thread and thinking it is causes you great frustration when you can't control people on it. See the terms and conditions, especially the part that whatever you post here becomes the intellectual property of USMB.
Cluebird, dude. It's shitting on yer head.
Thread started by OP CAN have it closed or you removed for trolling HER thread OWNED by usmb. Need a hanky to wipe the bird shit off?
She can also be removed herself. And any moderator halfway impartial will see she's dishing plenty out herself. You're just another Leftist hack defending another Leftist. Get over yourself.
I'm not a lefty. Or a rightie. Or an innie or an outtie. Or an uppie or a downie. I'm me.
She opened the thread. It's hers. She has the right to ask it to be closed. She has the right to derail it if she wants. She has the right to report anyone trolling HER thread. It is up to staff on whether to act on it or not, but it is still HER THREAD.
Need more clarification? PM a staff member.
Don't need to. I read the rules. You haven't.

Oh really? What do they say?
Already answered that.

But it isn't your thread and thinking it is causes you great frustration when you can't control people on it. See the terms and conditions, especially the part that whatever you post here becomes the intellectual property of USMB.
Thread started by OP CAN have it closed or you removed for trolling HER thread OWNED by usmb. Need a hanky to wipe the bird shit off?
She can also be removed herself. And any moderator halfway impartial will see she's dishing plenty out herself. You're just another Leftist hack defending another Leftist. Get over yourself.

No, you are the one who came into the thread being aggressive and full of attitude. This is on you and all you.
Whatever you say, sweetie.
:blahblah:

You did. You called people "idiots" right off the bat. Everyone was getting along fine and then comes the internet warrior. Lol. :D

I'm not a lefty. Or a rightie. Or an innie or an outtie. Or an uppie or a downie. I'm me.
She opened the thread. It's hers. She has the right to ask it to be closed. She has the right to derail it if she wants. She has the right to report anyone trolling HER thread. It is up to staff on whether to act on it or not, but it is still HER THREAD.

Oh really? What do they say?
Already answered that.

What post number? :D

Close the thread.
Or thread will be moved to FZ.
Ask staff to step in with trollers and remove them from thread.
None of the above.

Thats what will happen. Or not.

We don't need no stinkin rules! Amirite? Kids, just do what you want. Who needs your stupid "parents" telling you what to do. That's lame dudes. :D

Well, if you feel he is ruining the thread, report him. Or not.

Anyway.....I think I will head outside and lure my crows in for some leftover cake.

No, you are the one who came into the thread being aggressive and full of attitude. This is on you and all you.

You did. You called people "idiots" right off the bat. Everyone was getting along fine and then comes the internet warrior. Lol. :D
And now "your" thread is 9 pages long. So sorry.

Well, since these boys are still missing, I would think that this was NOT a very good idea. It is legal for a 14-year-old to operate a boat though. I think the ages of such things should be raised. These are still children. They don't yet HAVE critical-thinking skills (as demonstrated by MRI scans of frontal lobes and lack of connections between synapses), so they are more prone than most adults to making bad decisions, especially when split decisions have to be made. I do not BLAME the parents though. None of us is perfect, and I can understand how they would feel more comfortable allowing their boys to do this with a boating background. That does not mean that I have to agree with them though. But I have no animosity or ill will towards these parents. I feel nothing but sympathy for them. I can't imagine having to wait and wonder like they have been doing, and it's probably not going to turn out very good, unfortunately. It's just a terrible tragedy, but that does not mean that I would ever allow MY 14-year-old son to do something like this. I've been on relatively small boats in the ocean and I've been in choppy waters, and it is quite dangerous and the waves can be unpredictable too. The larger the boat, the safer you are going to be, let's just put it that way.

Nine pages? I have 17.

Well, since these boys are still missing, I would think that this was NOT a very good idea. It is legal for a 14-year-old to operate a boat though. I think the ages of such things should be raised. These are still children. They don't yet HAVE critical-thinking skills (as demonstrated by MRI scans of frontal lobes and lack of connections between synapses), so they are more prone than most adults to making bad decisions, especially when split decisions have to be made. I do not BLAME the parents though. None of us is perfect, and I can understand how they would feel more comfortable allowing their boys to do this with a boating background. That does not mean that I have to agree with them though. But I have no animosity or ill will towards these parents. I feel nothing but sympathy for them. I can't imagine having to wait and wonder like they have been doing, and it's probably not going to turn out very good, unfortunately. It's just a terrible tragedy, but that does not mean that I would ever allow MY 14-year-old son to do something like this. I've been on relatively small boats in the ocean and I've been in choppy waters, and it is quite dangerous and the waves can be unpredictable too. The larger the boat, the safer you are going to be, let's just put it that way.
As for your sentiments I agree this is a tragedy. As for your experience with boating... I grew up in south florida, I've gone out the Jupiter inlet in boats the size of the one in question hundreds of times. I have no idea what the hell you are taking about with regard to boat sizes and wave unpredictability. This is the gulf stream it's very predicable. I've piloted 20' boats out that inlet since I was 13. There was a storm. They were not allowed to go out the inlet, but they did anyway. Kids do things they are not allowed to do and sometimes they get into trouble. But we have no idea what happened here. None.

Nine pages? I have 17.
The number of posts per page can be adjusted to suit preferences

As for your sentiments I agree this is a tragedy. As for your experience with boating... I grew up in south florida, I've gone out the Jupiter inlet in boats the size of the one in question hundreds of times. I have no idea what the hell you are taking about with regard to boat sizes and wave unpredictability. This is the gulf stream it's very predicable. There was a storm. They were not allowed to go out the inlet, but they did. Kids do things they are not allowed to do and sometimes they get into trouble. But we have no idea what happened here. None.

Well, I can't say that I'm familiar with the ocean in Florida, but here on the east coast, the open ocean is very dangerous and unpredictable.

I've been on the ocean plenty of times in boats here in the northeast, and it is scary when you are in a small boat. I can tell you that! I've been on sailboats and small motor boats. I've also been on larger boats, like when I take the ferry over to Martha's Vineyard. Feel much safer on the ferry.

As for your sentiments I agree this is a tragedy. As for your experience with boating... I grew up in south florida, I've gone out the Jupiter inlet in boats the size of the one in question hundreds of times. I have no idea what the hell you are taking about with regard to boat sizes and wave unpredictability. This is the gulf stream it's very predicable. There was a storm. They were not allowed to go out the inlet, but they did. Kids do things they are not allowed to do and sometimes they get into trouble. But we have no idea what happened here. None.

Well, I can't say that I'm familiar with the ocean in Florida, but here on the east coast, the open ocean is very dangerous and unpredictable.
The most dangerous parts are going in and out of the inlets as the tide is changing it's tricky and you can get swamped by the trailing or leading wave. But there would normally be other boats there. I've seen people fall asleep and get woken up by a larger boat that's not paying attention. It just does not make sense. What might have happened is they went out and hot dogged it turned too sharp hit a wave and flipped it and got carried away by the drift. But this is just a wild guess. FYI that "ferry" it's sinkable. The boat those boys were on is not sinkable. You can swamp it .. you can do crazy shit and flip it. But you can't sink it.

Is there no thread on this. I looked, but I found nothing. Anyways, there are two 14-year-old boys who are missing at sea right now. Apparently, they are experienced boaters, so their parents trusted them to be out on their own on a small boat in a rough ocean. I don't agree because 14-year-olds, no matter how mature and/or experienced they might be, are still just kids. Kids tend to make bad decisions and get themselves in trouble. This is the reason why 14-year-olds are still minors. They still need parenting and guidance! Now, I don't want to be too hard on these families because they must be going through sheer hell right about now. I feel for them, I really do. I can't imagine how horrible this must be for them, and I am hoping beyond hope that they find at least one of these boys alive, but hopes are dimming with each passing day. Let's all send positive vibes their way and hope these boys are found.

Search for missing teens Floating object found near boat

Reports show as most boats were heading into land at the impending storm approaching wittness saw these two young boys head outward. I agree, their parents needed to be more involved in their adventure than just allowing these kids free reign. Although I feel these two are dead, I hope a miracle is in the horizon and their alive on some desert island

My question is, "How the hell do parents let two fourteen year old boys boat on the ocean by themselves?"

At first I thought the kids did it because the parents told them they couldn't go. Seems that's not the case.

Good God. My parents wouldn't let me or my siblings go across the street. Yet these parents let their kids go boating alone in the ocean??

Its big news down here in Florida and I doubt any trace of those kids will ever be found. Sharks galore.
My son got his first boat at 6.

At 28, he has never been in trouble, never asked me for money, and been a full grown fuckin' man since 16.

Experienced adults get lost at sea too; when your number is up, your number is up.

Pretty low class to attack parents over this.

Add Roadrunner to the list of USMB conservatives who are just awesome parents......and never miss a chance to tell you. The key to good parenting...give your kid a boat when he's 6 years old.

And that's after you've given him his first AK47 for Xmas

I've been on the ocean plenty of times in boats here in the northeast, and it is scary when you are in a small boat. I can tell you that! I've been on sailboats and small motor boats. I've also been on larger boats, like when I take the ferry over to Martha's Vineyard. Feel much safer on the ferry.
Now the truth comes out. You're projecting your own timidity onto children. You really shouldn't. They might be able to handle more than a ferry.

Now the truth comes out. You're projecting your own timidity onto children. You really shouldn't. They might be able to handle more than a ferry.

It isn't timidity, it is common sense. Have you even been out in the ocean before on a small boat? Doubtful.

Forum List

Back