🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Boys missing at sea :(

The parents had a rule not to enter the ocean, only fish in the intracoastal. The boys decided on their own to venture out.
My son got his first boat at 6.

At 28, he has never been in trouble, never asked me for money, and been a full grown fuckin' man since 16.

Experienced adults get lost at sea too; when your number is up, your number is up.

Pretty low class to attack parents over this.

I disagree. When I grew up my parents would have never let us kids take off in a boat on the ocean.

Not low class at all. Just smart.

Exactly. This is why I wouldn't let my 14-year-old boy do this type of thing without some kind of adult supervision, boys this age are known to be risk takers and to break rules. This is what I'm trying to say here.
When I was even younger I was sent out to the wilderness alone to hunt, survive, and perform certain tasks as one of my rites of passage into manhood. Smothering children, which you and several other idiots on this thread seem to think is ok, seems to be a white man's quirk. The rest of the world throughout history has seen the wisdom of letting their boys become men. I could have eaten something poisonous or been torn apart by wild animals, but it was an experience I'll treasure forever and I had a right to take that risk.

Mmm. Yeah, I would say "trouble maker." If your parents did these things nowadays, they would probably be charged with a CRIME. Lol. You cannot send your children into the woods to fend for themselves.
Yet American Indian parents are still doing it. So much for your ignorant opinion of the law. My oldest son wants to do this and we're going to let him. Better call CPS.

The parents had a rule not to enter the ocean, only fish in the intracoastal. The boys decided on their own to venture out.
I disagree. When I grew up my parents would have never let us kids take off in a boat on the ocean.

Exactly. This is why I wouldn't let my 14-year-old boy do this type of thing without some kind of adult supervision, boys this age are known to be risk takers and to break rules. This is what I'm trying to say here.
When I was even younger I was sent out to the wilderness alone to hunt, survive, and perform certain tasks as one of my rites of passage into manhood. Smothering children, which you and several other idiots on this thread seem to think is ok, seems to be a white man's quirk. The rest of the world throughout history has seen the wisdom of letting their boys become men. I could have eaten something poisonous or been torn apart by wild animals, but it was an experience I'll treasure forever and I had a right to take that risk.

Mmm. Yeah, I would say "trouble maker." If your parents did these things nowadays, they would probably be charged with a CRIME. Lol. You cannot send your children into the woods to fend for themselves.
I used to head off in to the woods all the time and yes I did fend for myself. You must have led a sheltered life. That explains alot.

If your parents send you into the woods, then they will be charged with a crime. End of story. Ask any lawyer.

But it isn't your thread and thinking it is causes you great frustration when you can't control people on it. See the terms and conditions, especially the part that whatever you post here becomes the intellectual property of USMB.
Cluebird, dude. It's shitting on yer head.
Thread started by OP CAN have it closed or you removed for trolling HER thread OWNED by usmb. Need a hanky to wipe the bird shit off?

Yet American Indian parents are still doing it. So much for your ignorant opinion of the law. My oldest son wants to do this and we're going to let him. Better call CPS.

And they are more successful than the general population or what? What IS your point? That putting your child's life at risk is good for him? Well, I disagree. It is my job as my son's mother to protect him from harm. He is a grown man now. He is 20 years old and is currently working for a tree company, training to be a climber.

But it isn't your thread and thinking it is causes you great frustration when you can't control people on it. See the terms and conditions, especially the part that whatever you post here becomes the intellectual property of USMB.
Thread started by OP CAN have it closed or you removed for trolling HER thread OWNED by usmb. Need a hanky to wipe the bird shit off?
She can also be removed herself. And any moderator halfway impartial will see she's dishing plenty out herself. You're just another Leftist hack defending another Leftist. Get over yourself.

Sorry guys. I was not reporting media news they are dead. I just said my opinion. After 48 hours, its usually considered over. 6 days? Sad to say...it IS over. I will pray for the family too, but I still think they are idiots to trust 14 year olds to do as they are told. They just aren't fully cooked yet.

Anyway....the hunt is still on. I was just posting MY thoughts about it. My apologies.

And they are more successful than the general population or what? What IS your point? That putting your child's life at risk is good for him? Well, I disagree. It is my job as my son's mother to protect him from harm. He is a grown man now. He is 20 years old and is currently working for a tree company, training to be a climber.
And it's the job of a son's father to protect him from overprotective mothers so that he can experience life and become a man. There's nothing new about this struggle.

She can also be removed herself. And any moderator halfway impartial will see she's dishing plenty out herself. You're just another Leftist hack defending another Leftist. Get over yourself.
I'm not a lefty. Or a rightie. Or an innie or an outtie. Or an uppie or a downie. I'm me.
She opened the thread. It's hers. She has the right to ask it to be closed. She has the right to derail it if she wants. She has the right to report anyone trolling HER thread. It is up to staff on whether to act on it or not, but it is still HER THREAD.
Need more clarification? PM a staff member.

Sorry guys. I was not reporting media news they are dead. I just said my opinion. After 48 hours, its usually considered over. 6 days? Sad to say...it IS over. I will pray for the family too, but I still think they are idiots to trust 14 year olds to do as they are told. They just aren't fully cooked yet.

Anyway....the hunt is still on. I was just posting MY thoughts about it. My apologies.
Sadly, you're probably right.

I'm not a lefty. Or a rightie. Or an innie or an outtie. Or an uppie or a downie. I'm me.
She opened the thread. It's hers. She has the right to ask it to be closed. She has the right to derail it if she wants. She has the right to report anyone trolling HER thread. It is up to staff on whether to act on it or not, but it is still HER THREAD.
Don't need to. I read the rules. You haven't.

No, you are the one who came into the thread being aggressive and full of attitude. This is on you and all you.

Sadly, you're probably right.

Aren't you going to call her an idiot for saying what she did about 14 year olds? I mean, gosh, we must be some terrible parents for wanting to keep our kids safe, huh? :cuckoo:

lol. Okey dokey wannabe injun.

No, you are the one who came into the thread being aggressive and full of attitude. This is on you and all you.
Whatever you say, sweetie.
:blahblah:

Oh really? What do they say?

Forum List

Back