Bradley Manning Nobel Peace Prize Nomination 2013

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
Dear Norwegian Nobel Committee,

We have the great honour of nominating Private First Class Bradley Manning for the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize.

Manning is a soldier in the United States army who stands accused of releasing hundreds of thousands of documents to the whistleblower website WikiLeaks. The leaked documents pointed to a long history of corruption, war crimes, and a lack of respect for the sovereignty of other democratic nations by the United States government in international dealings.

These revelations have fueled democratic uprisings around the world, including a democratic revolution in Tunisia. According to journalists, his alleged actions helped motivate the democratic Arab Spring movements, shed light on secret corporate influence on the foreign and domestic policies of European nations, and most recently contributed to the Obama Administration agreeing to withdraw all U.S.troops from the occupation in Iraq.
I hope he wins it!

Dear Norwegian Nobel Committee,

We have the great honour of nominating Private First Class Bradley Manning for the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize.

Manning is a soldier in the United States army who stands accused of releasing hundreds of thousands of documents to the whistleblower website WikiLeaks. The leaked documents pointed to a long history of corruption, war crimes, and a lack of respect for the sovereignty of other democratic nations by the United States government in international dealings.

These revelations have fueled democratic uprisings around the world, including a democratic revolution in Tunisia. According to journalists, his alleged actions helped motivate the democratic Arab Spring movements, shed light on secret corporate influence on the foreign and domestic policies of European nations, and most recently contributed to the Obama Administration agreeing to withdraw all U.S.troops from the occupation in Iraq.
I hope he wins it!

Geez if they can give it to Obama this guy should win it hands down...

I hope he too does win it. People should listen as to what he said in leaking the files.

He said he leaked the classified documents to the whistleblowing website WikiLeaks in order to show the American public the "true costs of war." Reading for more than an hour from a 35-page statement, Manning said: "I believed that if the general public, especially the American public, had access to the information ... this could spark a domestic debate on the role of the military and our foreign policy in general."

WikiLeaks Whistleblower Bradley Manning Says He Wanted to Show the Public the "True Costs of War" | Democracy Now!

It would be fitting, since the Nobel Peace Prize usually goes to the person who hates America the most each year.

However, I think Obama might just deserve a second one.

How is that equivalent to hating America? He's showing the truth which Americans needed to see.

It would be fitting, since the Nobel Peace Prize usually goes to the person who hates America the most each year.

However, I think Obama might just deserve a second one.

Despite being against the war, I detest Manning for throwing his military under the bus and endangering them all by giving our enemies so much ammo. All military's in the world have the same problems as ours, but we happened to have a traitor with access to these records that all nations keep as internal affairs.

Why do they want to charge him with aiding the enemy? This is in no way aiding the enemy. That's a ridiculous charge to make.

Despite being against the war, I detest Manning for throwing his military under the bus and endangering them all by giving our enemies so much ammo. All military's in the world have the same problems as ours, but we happened to have a traitor with access to these records that all nations keep as internal affairs.
If the military doesn't want to be thrown under the bus, they should commit war crimes.

If the military doesn't want to be thrown under the bus, they should commit war crimes.

You very easily group our entire military in with a tiny percentage of members.

How is that equivalent to hating America? He's showing the truth which Americans needed to see.

He put our soldiers under more harm, and should be hung IMO.

Just like CBS should have been taken to task for leaking abu Ghraib pics in the middle of war, when it was already under serious investigation. CBS has American blood on it's hands, and so does Manning IMHO.

How does that put our soldiers under more harm? And how is leaking a prison used for torture a bad thing? How does leaking a video showing the US military bombing civilians indiscriminately and laughing a bad thing? You think the Iraqi population doesn't know how little disregard for life the US military has for them? So basically you're saying 'We are liars. We don't care for human rights and our real intentions aren't as we say so. But we want to hide the bad things and just keep the good things to the public so they keep supporting our wars'.

That's sickening man.

You very easily group our entire military in with a tiny percentage of members.
No I don't. The majority of our military are very professional in what they do, but there is a certain percentage of the military that are committing criminal acts because the leaders we elected to run it, are encouraging this kind of behavior.

How does that put our soldiers under more harm? And how is leaking a prison used for torture a bad thing? How does leaking a video showing the US military bombing civilians indiscriminately and laughing a bad thing? You think the Iraqi population doesn't know how little disregard for life the US military has for them? So basically you're saying 'We are liars. We don't care for human rights and our real intentions aren't as we say so. But we want to hide the bad things and just keep the good things to the public so they keep supporting our wars'.

That's sickening man.

All soldiers in the world, when in combat, are subject to extreme conditions. There are always going to be bad people committing human rights crimes in war. Do I agree with them? Absolutely not. Are they putting their fellow soldiers at risk by committing those acts? Yes. So did Bradley Manning. I never agreed with the war, but I agree less with antagonizing the enemy.

Who is the enemy? Those who want to death to the great satan and actively work towards it.

Forum List

Back