Bradley Manning Nobel Peace Prize Nomination 2013

Dear Norwegian Nobel Committee,

We have the great honour of nominating Private First Class Bradley Manning for the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize.

Manning is a soldier in the United States army who stands accused of releasing hundreds of thousands of documents to the whistleblower website WikiLeaks. The leaked documents pointed to a long history of corruption, war crimes, and a lack of respect for the sovereignty of other democratic nations by the United States government in international dealings.

These revelations have fueled democratic uprisings around the world, including a democratic revolution in Tunisia. According to journalists, his alleged actions helped motivate the democratic Arab Spring movements, shed light on secret corporate influence on the foreign and domestic policies of European nations, and most recently contributed to the Obama Administration agreeing to withdraw all U.S.troops from the occupation in Iraq.
I hope he wins it!

He is in good company as a nominee..

Joseph Stalin, the Secretary General of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1922-1953), was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1945 and 1948.

Adolf Hitler was nominated once in 1939.

How does that put our soldiers under more harm? And how is leaking a prison used for torture a bad thing? How does leaking a video showing the US military bombing civilians indiscriminately and laughing a bad thing? You think the Iraqi population doesn't know how little disregard for life the US military has for them? So basically you're saying 'We are liars. We don't care for human rights and our real intentions aren't as we say so. But we want to hide the bad things and just keep the good things to the public so they keep supporting our wars'.

That's sickening man.

Abu Ghraib was already under investigation, dude. The pics were classified evidence, and they weren't trying to cover it up. Releasing those pics set back the war and cost American and innocent Iraqi lives.

THAT is sickening, man.

The pics should have come out years later, not in the middle of the war.

Bad stuff happens in ALL wars, but you don't hand the enemy FREE propaganda in the middle of one!

Last edited:
How does that put our soldiers under more harm? And how is leaking a prison used for torture a bad thing? How does leaking a video showing the US military bombing civilians indiscriminately and laughing a bad thing? You think the Iraqi population doesn't know how little disregard for life the US military has for them? So basically you're saying 'We are liars. We don't care for human rights and our real intentions aren't as we say so. But we want to hide the bad things and just keep the good things to the public so they keep supporting our wars'.

That's sickening man.

All soldiers in the world, when in combat, are subject to extreme conditions. There are always going to be bad people committing human rights crimes in war. Do I agree with them? Absolutely not. Are they putting their fellow soldiers at risk by committing those acts? Yes. So did Bradley Manning. I never agreed with the war, but I agree less with antagonizing the enemy.

Who is the enemy? Those who want to death to the great satan and actively work towards it.

This is inexcusable and it's not about a possibility that he can endanger US troops. Which makes no sense. But it's about murder of Iraqi Civilians and complete disregard for life. While also a soldier in a Jeep ran over a dead girls body. That's horrific.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0]Collateral Murder - Wikileaks - Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

That's sickening man.

Abu Ghraib was already under investigation, dude. The pics were classified evidence, and they weren't trying o cover it up. Releasing those pics set back the war and cost American and innocent Iraqi lives.

THAT is sickening, man.

The pics should have come out years later, noit in the middle of the war.

Bad stuff happens in ALL wars, but you don't hand the enemy FREE propaganda in the middle of one!

Are you saying it would be any better at the end of the unjustified war? It didn't benefit the enemy. It just showed the Iraqi people what they already knew.

This 'aiding the enemy' term is nonsense. The military doesn't want the citizens of the United States to know what they are doing and how much they are spending to do it. And the 'enemy' already knew we were killing civilians and lying about it.

This is inexcusable and it's not about a possibility that he can endanger US troops. Which makes no sense. But it's about murder of Iraqi Civilians and complete disregard for life. While also a soldier in a Jeep ran over a dead girls body. That's horrific.

Collateral Murder - Wikileaks - Iraq - YouTube
And those fuckin' soldiers joking about wasting these people, just makes me sick!

Abu Ghraib was already under investigation, dude. The pics were classified evidence, and they weren't trying to cover it up. Releasing those pics set back the war and cost American and innocent Iraqi lives.

THAT is sickening, man.

Are you glad pics of the nazi death camps didn't come out until after the war?

War is ugly. Guy in middle of the street with an AK-47 while a war is going on? That's not something you ignore. Innocents die in wars. It's a sad truth. The release of these videos incites hate against American soldiers, and makes it more likely that terrorist will station themselves near civilians to generate more of this kind of thing.

Bradley Manning is no hero.

Collateral Murder - Wikileaks - Iraq - YouTube
And those fuckin' soldiers joking about wasting these people, just makes me sick!

It's sickening to the observer but how do you think soldiers cope with living in such brutal circumstances. I'm sure soldiers had all kinds of insulting things to say against the Nazi's, the Russians, the Koreans, Vietnamese, Italians, etc.

War is ugly. Guy in middle of the street with an AK-47 while a war is going on? That's not something you ignore. Innocents die in wars. It's a sad truth. The release of these videos incites hate against American soldiers, and makes it more likely that terrorist will station themselves near civilians to generate more of this kind of thing.

It wasn't an AK-47, it was a camera case.

There is no way you could tell what he was carrying from the blurred image in the video. And if you cannot determine if it was a legitimate military target, you cannot shoot.

THAT is sickening, man.

That's completely different.

Dear Norwegian Nobel Committee,

We have the great honour of nominating Private First Class Bradley Manning for the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize.

Manning is a soldier in the United States army who stands accused of releasing hundreds of thousands of documents to the whistleblower website WikiLeaks. The leaked documents pointed to a long history of corruption, war crimes, and a lack of respect for the sovereignty of other democratic nations by the United States government in international dealings.

These revelations have fueled democratic uprisings around the world, including a democratic revolution in Tunisia. According to journalists, his alleged actions helped motivate the democratic Arab Spring movements, shed light on secret corporate influence on the foreign and domestic policies of European nations, and most recently contributed to the Obama Administration agreeing to withdraw all U.S.troops from the occupation in Iraq.
I hope he wins it!
Obummer winning it cheapened the brand.
Manning actually did something to earn it.

There is no way you could tell what he was carrying from the blurred image in the video. And if you cannot determine if it was a legitimate military target, you cannot shoot.

Well I don't know what to say man. It's war. If you don't like wars don't start em. Iraq should never have happened. I still don't want our troops in further danger.

War is ugly? Really? That's all you can say in response? So if I said 9/11...meh...war is hell....that would be okay with you? No it wouldn't. Telling the Iraqi people war is hell doesn't satisfy just as telling you that won't. And the war wasn't launched due to what you claim, which you said the enemy was the one wanting to destroy the great satan, which even them didn't want to. It was a unjustified war, and the bullcrap lie that Al Qaeda came after we bombed Iraq, the excuse for us to stay there was actually Sunni's and Shia's fighting each other in a civil war.

Well I don't know what to say man. It's war. If you don't like wars don't start em. Iraq should never have happened. I still don't want our troops in further danger.
You cannot target people who take no part in hostilities.

No one likes war. Are you saying Iraqi's started the war? And yeah, Iraq should have never happened. But at least now we know not to get in another war with Iran.

Last edited:

THAT is sickening, man.

That's completely different.

Yes, I wasn't even going to respond to that one.

LAME red herring.

Forum List

Back