Bragg’s Pursuit of Trump Violates the Sixth Amendment

I have a question:

If the underlying, unspecified crime is why the misdemeanor is elevated to a felony, why not just prosecute him for the underlying crime?

I’ll wait.

We don't know yet, the next hearing date isn't until December.

WW
So the DA gets to tell Trump he’s indicted for a crime, but has to wait until next December to find out what it is? How can he build a defense?

I have a question:

If the underlying, unspecified crime is why the misdemeanor is elevated to a felony, why not just prosecute him for the underlying crime?

I’ll wait.

Because the underlying crime that Cohen committed at the direction of Trump was a federal crime, local DA's don't prosecute federal crimes they prosecute state crimes. In this case section 175.10 of the Penal Code.

WW

So there‘s a false entry? That’s a misdemeanor.
The statue was listed for you. It is a FELONY.

Are you simple?
Nope….that doesn’t fly. You’re just linking to the indictment that doesn’t specify the future crime that makes a misdemeanor a felony.
The word on the indictment was “intent” not “intends”.

You really are simple huh?

#1 You seem confused. The Statement of Fact being discussed was submitted to the court yesterday.

#2 IIRC, Cohen was jailed for false statements, tax evasion and campaign finance violations.

#3 Problem for Trump now is that he's turned over texts, emails, audio recordings, and other documents that will be corroborated by others. If you think the DA would bring this case solely on Cohen's testimony, please think again.

WW

If the feds had everything listed in point number 3, then why did they choose not to prosecute?

Of course the NDA was legal (although it was later invalidated in court).

He's not in trouble for the NDA, he's in trouble for falsifying records to cover up the NDA arranged though illegal means by Cohen.

WW

Expound on the bolded.

So the DA gets to tell Trump he’s indicted for a crime, but has to wait until next December to find out what it is? How can he build a defense?

No, the Indictment was unsealed yesterday. The FDOTUS was informed of the crime which was 175.10 Falsifying Business Records under New York State Penal Code.

WW

Nope….that doesn’t fly. You’re just linking to the indictment that doesn’t specify the future crime that makes a misdemeanor a felony.
You made up some bullshit about a future crime and then expect someone to back that up?

Are you fucking kidding me?!?

Oh. My. God. I simply cannot fight this level of stupidity.

it doesn't call anything a felony. All of the tv lawyer fks would have said so. Not a one yet agrees with you.

What are you talking about?

The felony charges against the FDOTUS are listed in the Indictment.

WW

Crimes were specified on the indictment and discovery will present the evidence to his defense between now and December , simple one

Because the underlying crime that Cohen committed at the direction of Trump was a federal crime, local DA's don't prosecute federal crimes they prosecute state crimes. In this case section 175.10 of the Penal Code.

WW
WHAT crime? Just tell me. And Cohen said he committed a crime at the direction of Trump? Cohen is a convicted perjurer.

You made up some bullshit about a future crime and then expect someone to back that up?

Are you fucking kidding me?!?

Oh. My. God. I simply cannot fight this level of stupidity.
No I didn’t. Bragg said that Trump falsified records (a misdemeanor) with the intent to commit a future and more serious crime. Yet he’s not saying what that crime is.

Forum List

Back